• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2017/18 Premier League Thread

I'm sure the accusation was somewhere around £1B. Abramovic has put something similar into Chelsea but at half the pace.

Utd hasn't been on cheat mode so I appraise them differently. Even with a direct comparison, I think their spend has been lower and slower than City.
But part of that difference is surely the football inflation that has been going on over the last 5-10 years.

Particularly in a couple defenders City have spent a lot. £50m each on two full backs and a centre back is a lot. Pre Guardiola £50m on Sterling was a lot too. But the rest haven't been obscene amounts compared to what others spend.

I just don't think many managers would have been able to replicate these results and performances so quickly even with the spending power available to Guardiola. Particularly doing so with wholesale changes due to the ageing squad he took over.

According to this:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-city/transfers/verein/281

17/18 = £224.37m
16/17 = £191.70m
15/16 = £191.61m
14/15 = £79.47m
13/14 = £104.40m

So in just 5 seasons = £791.55

Of course that doesnt take account of sales, but I think it shows it is entirely believable they have spent obscene amounts...

Then (as Bedford says) add their astronomical wages to that figure...

17/18 = £224m + £264m
16/17 = £192m + £198m
15/16 = £192m + £194m
14/15 = £79m + £205m
13/14 = £104m + £233m

So in just 5 seasons: £791m + £1,094m = £1.89billion

DOgYdilWAAAGHJ2.jpg

Thankfully for Emirates Marketing Project their revenues have almost quadrupled in the past 7 years and their income will probably officially pass ManUre in a few years time...

DOgXD9bX0AADd-k.jpg

Then (as Bedford says) add their astronomical wages to that figure...

17/18 = £224m + £264m
16/17 = £192m + £198m
15/16 = £192m + £194m
14/15 = £79m + £205m
13/14 = £104m + £233m

So in just 5 seasons: £791m + £1,094m = £1.89billion

DOgYdilWAAAGHJ2.jpg

Thankfully for Emirates Marketing Project their revenues have almost quadrupled in the past 7 years and their income will probably officially pass ManUre in a few years time...

DOgXD9bX0AADd-k.jpg

Well their revenue is flimflam which is part of a lot of people’s frustrations. They have sponsors which are from the family for example... they even claim a fee for coaches and staff sent to other clubs form teh same owner... as thenyou have the emptihad as united call it claiming it’s sold out every week but having plenty of empty seats even for the big games

Criminal defending by Leicester. No press on the ball, and leaving Benteke in acres of space right in front of goal.

Hahaha! Leicesters luck from 2 seasons ago is certainly gone! First a goal disallowed (correctly) for a push, and then seconds later a player sent off (again correctly) for diving in the penalty area. 2 seasons ago the goal would have stood, and the penalty awarded.

But part of that difference is surely the football inflation that has been going on over the last 5-10 years.

Particularly in a couple defenders City have spent a lot. £50m each on two full backs and a centre back is a lot. Pre Guardiola £50m on Sterling was a lot too. But the rest haven't been obscene amounts compared to what others spend.

I just don't think many managers would have been able to replicate these results and performances so quickly even with the spending power available to Guardiola. Particularly doing so with wholesale changes due to the ageing squad he took over.
Without doubt Guardiola is an exceptional coach but he didn’t exactly take over a sleeping giant. City have not finished outside the top 4 since 2010, winning the PL twice I believe. He inherited De Bruyne, Agüero, Sterling, Silva and Fernandinho then added, going by the above figures, £400 million worth of talent to that and he has only been there 2 seasons! It would take longer at any other club to build a side that good bar may be Chelsea and possibly Utd. Would be immense to beat that mob but I am not really expecting it.

PL is so average........Emirates Marketing Project are exceptional, Spurs have a certain charm, Liverpool hot on their day but the rest are bang average

The Pool aide reminds me of the own Suarez was in but the teams around them are better

They will score hatfuls but come up short and their stars will leave

Back