• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2017/18 Premier League Thread

So, Rooney hits the post from the spot, and Calvert Lewin puts in the rebound. Does that not count as an assist from Rooney?
Edit: it appears it does. At least in fantasy PL.

I like Clement but he is clearly not working out. Its not entirely his fault, Swansea have traded away all the quality they had and not replaced it.

I can well see Clement going and Pulis coming in to do a rescue job. Until then they are certainly in relegation danger.

As are Stoke, who look simply awful. They do, however, have quality - so could dig themselves out. It just looks like Hughes has lost it though. I think he could well be sacked, and a new manager bounce could save them.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine look really poor, I wouldnt be at all surprised to see them go down.

Same with WBA, I dont rate Pardew at all and at the moment his usual initial impact in a job seems to have evaded him.

And I still think West Ham are going to be in the mix. They may well stay up, but I think it will be more by virtue of other teams being even worse, as opposed to West Ham doing particularly well themselves.

I like Clement but he is clearly not working out. Its not entirely his fault, Swansea have traded away all the quality they had and not replaced it.

I can well see Clement going and Pulis coming in to do a rescue job. Until then they are certainly in relegation danger.

As are Stoke, who look simply awful. They do, however, have quality - so could dig themselves out. It just looks like Hughes has lost it though. I think he could well be sacked, and a new manager bounce could save them.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine look really poor, I wouldnt be at all surprised to see them go down.

Same with WBA, I dont rate Pardew at all and at the moment his usual initial impact in a job seems to have evaded him.

And I still think West Ham are going to be in the mix. They may well stay up, but I think it will be more by virtue of other teams being even worse, as opposed to West Ham doing particularly well themselves.

Agree with everything except West Ham, they look safe and mid table IMHO

Agree with everything except West Ham, they look safe and mid table IMHO

They should have enough, but they will slip.
The defence is probably the worst in the league - a couple of injuries there would really hurt them. They are lucky they have Adrian who has a point to prove.

Up front they are weak too. But they just might be able to grind their way through to safety. 15th

They should have enough, but they will slip.
The defence is probably the worst in the league - a couple of injuries there would really hurt them. They are lucky they have Adrian who has a point to prove.

Up front they are weak too. But they just might be able to grind their way through to safety. 15th

Stoke, Swansea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are far worse!

Jose Mourinho will not face action from the FA over comments he made to the media before the Manchester derby earlier this month.

Mourinho warned referee Michael Oliver to be aware of City's "tactical fouling" ahead of the derby on December 10 and also claimed that Pep Guardiola's side go to ground too easily, saying: "A little bit of wind and they fall."

A statement released by the FA read: "Following a review of the evidence provided by the club, the FA will be taking no formal action, but have reminded Jose Mourinho any further public comments about match officials may result in disciplinary action."

Jose Mourinho will not face action from the FA over comments he made to the media before the Manchester derby earlier this month.

Mourinho warned referee Michael Oliver to be aware of City's "tactical fouling" ahead of the derby on December 10 and also claimed that Pep Guardiola's side go to ground too easily, saying: "A little bit of wind and they fall."

A statement released by the FA read: "Following a review of the evidence provided by the club, the FA will be taking no formal action, but have reminded Jose Mourinho any further public comments about match officials may result in disciplinary action."
So now the media will pump him even more for reactions to ref decisions and we'll get even more of the snivelling 'I cannot say, I cannot say ..' followed by some snide underhand remark designed to convey precisely what he meant to say in the first place but disguised to make it look innocent.

I cannot stand the brick.

thats nothing new, English managers have been "warning" refs about cheating foreign teams for a hundred years

I think Pulis can work with any squad to start.

And then over time he will just fill the side with bollards to make them less like a football team and more like a rugby team.

Back