• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2015/16 Premier League Thread

Every team has had at least one bad season in the last decade or so. When the feck is it gunna be Arsenal's turn to miss out on the top 4/CL knockout stages? Surely they are due at some point in the next 20 years?

Every team has had at least one bad season in the last decade or so. When the feck is it gunna be Arsenal's turn to miss out on the top 4/CL knockout stages? Surely they are due at some point in the next 20 years?
It looks like we may have to wait until ARSEne decides to join Fergie in retirement.

When Wenger goes. Just like Utd are struggling (relative to what they were) after Fergie left.

Emirates Marketing Project might not make top 4 IMO...manager on the rocks, too much off-field brick going on there...rocky times given the talent they have

As for City, they need Kompany back and fit asap. I think he is due back for the next game, but they are Sunday league at the back without him.

City have the best squad for me. Massive talent. In the hands of a Pochettino or Mourinho who'd get them working hard, make them defensively strong, they would romp this league.

Why are they letting teams like the Scum play in front of their back four? Its crazy. All they need to do is keep things tight and play a defensive midfielder to keep them tight, and give them more of a platform.

They'll sadly both finish above us. Keep kidding myself that we can finish above the arse but both these team are better than us currently. I'd have us 3rd however, behind them.

Emirates Marketing Project might not make top 4 IMO...manager on the rocks, too much off-field bricke going on there...rocky times given the talent they have

No chance.. The squad and resources they have makes it virtually impossible for them to miss out on top 4. Their title winning credentials are looking shaky though.

I think Arsenal are looking so strong, they looked nailed on for the title at this stage - as sickening as that is to admit.. You'd have to assume Leicester will drop out at some point and that leaves us fighting with UTD and maybe Liverpool for the final two top 4 spots.

I think we can finish third, possibly even second if City's malaise continues a bit longer, it won't last long though.

In the pub surrounded by gooners (I was playing the part of level headed, nice spurs fan tonight), apparently that was a typical Arsenal performance, dominate for 80 minutes then concede a stupid goal against the run of play from their own mistake and they hang on at the end!

How ducking deluded are they? Don't get me wrong, they deserved to win I think, they were more clinical, but dominate for 80 mins?! fudge me! Also it was a great goal, how about just holding your up and saying well done!

As a race of fans they are so deluded, they mirror Wenger, it disgusts me!

No chance.. The squad and resources they have makes it virtually impossible for them to miss out on top 4. Their title winning credentials are looking shaky though.

I think Arsenal are looking so strong, they looked nailed on for the title at this stage - as sickening as that is to admit.. You'd have to assume Leicester will drop out at some point and that leaves us fighting with UTD and maybe Liverpool for the final two top 4 spots.

I think we can finish third, possibly even second if City's malaise continues a bit longer, it won't last long though.

They are at this stage every single season! How many times does history have to repeat itself?

They are at this stage every single season! How many times does history have to repeat itself?

The difference is that they're their most seasons with the teams below them also looking good and perhaps unlucky to drop points. Now every team in the league seems like they will drop points. It's hard to predict but I do believe this seasons the best chance they've had of winning the title in years.

Hopefully this piece of history won't reoccur this season :eek:

@SkySportsStatto
Arsenal stay in 2nd - were also in 2nd at Christmas when they last won the PL in 03-04 (a point behind Man Utd)

@BBCMotD
Five of #Arsenal 's last six top-flight title wins have seen them in 2nd place at Xmas...

Code:
Mini-league     P  W  D  L  F  A  GD Pt
---------------------------------------
Arsenal         5  4  1  0 13  5  +8 13
Tottenham       5  2  2  1  7  4  +3  8
Man United      5  1  3  1  2  4  -2  6
Leicester       4  1  2  1  5  7  -2  5
Emirates Marketing Project        4  1  1  2  3  6  -3  4
Crystal Palace  5  0  1  4  1  5  -4  1

Code:
Mini-league     P  W  D  L  F  A  GD Pt
---------------------------------------
Arsenal         4  3  1  0 11  4  +7 10
Tottenham       4  1  2  1  6  4  +2  5
Man United      4  1  2  1  2  4  -2  5
Leicester       3  0  2  1  4  7  -3  2
Emirates Marketing Project        3  0  1  2  2  6  -4  1

Will be a key factor, I feel.

Last edited:
Clearly the table makes worrying reading at this point, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

This is a club which has a great deal of previous when it comes to bottling it. Heck, even last season, as soon as it looked like they might come second, they collapsed.

I for one will be waiting until April/May before I start worrying about their title credentials.

Clearly the table makes worrying reading at this point, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

This is a club which has a great deal of previous when it comes to bottling it. Heck, even last season, as soon as it looked like they might come second, they collapsed.

I for one will be waiting until April/May before I start worrying about their title credentials.

I think it may also be crucial that in the second half of the season they are laying away at many of the top teams. So here's hoping!

Back