• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2015/16 Premier League Thread

You know we will lose now and it will be an awful day. You always can rely on Arsenal to win these critical games when they are in the hunt for something.

I remember they had a must win game a couple of seasons ago v Saudi Sportswashing Machine. RVP scored last min. Think they popped us for cl place

Arsenal will also take this win and go on a run

Spursman, you were wrong! I'll bet you are glad of that. I am. Keep the faith!!!

COYS!!!

He tweeted this first, but then deleted it.

What an idiot

CbMm8dAWIAAvrL4.jpg

my phone is always doing it's own thing in my pocket

actually it's not, because it's locked unless it reads my fudging finger print

Who knew abject failure could be so rewarding

Are we sure those are real tweets? Or just the internet doing what the internet does best?

and villa are in this mess because of sherwood, he spent a lot of money very very badly

amazing when you consider what an astute judge of youth and lower league talent he claims to be

With all respect Galeforce, that's complete gonad*s. The entire club has been an utter mess ever since Martin O'Neill left (he deserves his share of the blame for spending so much money too). They could have easily gone down in any of the past 4 seasons. If you're utter dogbrick and then sell your two best players, chances are you will go down. Don't get me wrong, Sherwood didn't exactly cover himself in glory with his signings and results, but Remi Garde has hardly set the world alight in close to 20 games.

With all respect Galeforce, that's complete cobblers. The entire club has been an utter mess ever since Martin O'Neill left (he deserves his share of the blame for spending so much money too). They could have easily gone down in any of the past 4 seasons. If you're utter dogbrick and then sell your two best players, chances are you will go down. Don't get me wrong, Sherwood didn't exactly cover himself in glory with his signings and results, but Remi Garde has hardly set the world alight in close to 20 games.

I can't stand Sherwood (as you know) but i have to agree with this; Villa have been a mess for years and they are reaping what they sowed..

I can't stand Sherwood (as you know) but i have to agree with this; Villa have been a mess for years and they are reaping what they sowed..

Exactly. I'm not defending Sherwood's calibre or managerial expertise (or lack thereof) as he wouldn't be on MOTD if he was a decent manager, but it's hardly like he came in to a club that was in challenging or even mid table, they've been in relegation dogfights since 2012/13. He didn't help the situation at all but it was broken to begin with.

With all respect Galeforce, that's complete cobblers. The entire club has been an utter mess ever since Martin O'Neill left (he deserves his share of the blame for spending so much money too). They could have easily gone down in any of the past 4 seasons. If you're utter dogbrick and then sell your two best players, chances are you will go down. Don't get me wrong, Sherwood didn't exactly cover himself in glory with his signings and results, but Remi Garde has hardly set the world alight in close to 20 games.

agree, but i would maybe even go one step further and not even put too much blame on any of the managers. if anything o'neill is probably the manager with the biggest amount of blame here imo. he sold learner an unrealistic dream that has eventually led to him hating football.

learner beleived that with big spending they could crack top 4 (probably because of the cobblers he was fed by o'neill). after a few years of spending big, he came to his senses and realised they were miles off top 4 and the pursuit for top 4 was really hurting him financially. now hes just trying to recoup his money by limiting expentiture where possible. - i cant blame him too much for this either.

i dont think any of their managers have been horrific. this situation is just the harsh reality of premier league football.

Surely Lerner has fudged up then? By not spending enough the last few years, they lack quality and will go down and then miss out on all the Prem TV money. I really think Villa will struggle to come back up, I can see them doing a Leeds.

I remember when Learner first took over and starting throwing money around (under O'Neill) and was told by some Spurs supporters that they wished Levy would do the same, they were saying that Villa would be another club who will overtake us and wished we had a chairman like Learner.

Funny how things turn out :D:D

Surely Lerner has fudgeed up then? By not spending enough the last few years, they lack quality and will go down and then miss out on all the Prem TV money. I really think Villa will struggle to come back up, I can see them doing a Leeds.

I think a few owners took over clubs thinking the big stick of FFP would be waved around more forcefully and the footing would be more even

when they realised that wasn't the case they turned off the spigot

feel a bit sorry about Villa, they are one of only 7 clubs who have played in the Prem since it started. One of the reasons I have never liked O"Neill ( I really think he is a gobbrick) is he threw all that money on a lot of average players and when Learner finally decided that enough was enough O'Neill walked out.

Another one who talks a good game but is full of brick. ( imo)

Back