• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

Glad for Chrissy proving he can turn it around there...

I was saying to a Norwich fan the other day that they will get a run of decent results at some point. They have been under pressure from some tough fixtures so far: away to us, goons, Emirates Marketing Project, home to Everton, Chelsea. They'll pick up a few results and be lower mid-table imo.

it's barge, it's definitely barge

I have always said "shoulder barge."

more to the point, are you not allowed to do it, I remember many an appeal from my playing days of "shoulder barge ref"

That sounds more american. It is 100% shoulder barge and always has been.

To clear up the argument about shoulder charge/barge, shoulder charge is a rugby term and shoulder barge is a football term.

It seems I'm in the minority! :lol:

That being the case, I did a little googling (you just couldn't let it lie!) and found this on the FA site...

Charging an opponent
The act of charging is a challenge for space using physical contact within playing distance of the ball without using arms or elbows.
It is an offence to charge an opponent:
• in a careless manner
• in a reckless manner
• using excessive force

Dunno if that backs me up or not but couldn't see anything referring to a 'barge' in the laws, so I'd venture that charge is the term used by the law makers.

Either way, it's semantics, but when I'd played youth and school football, it was always referred to as a charge.

[grabs tin hat and logs off]

Snodgrass is lucky he can take a free kick.

The general consensus among Norwich fans is that he'll either score an absolute beauty or hit it into row Z. Most of the time the latter. Apart from that he doesn't add much to the team.

Hotshot -- it could be one of those things that is said incorrectly so often (by the likes of me!) that it has become the normal term.

Back