• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
On the other hand, buying success theory is thrown a massive wobbly! Success and a winning mentality ain't easy, not at all.

Who's still happy about Harry playing for a draw against a brick Sunderland side then? Or brick Liverpool side for that matter.

They're only 2 points ahead, I wouldn't be throwing in the towel just yet.

Shame they seem to be hitting form, but as Harry Enfield, and not Jimmy Greaves as everyone seems to think, once said - "it's a funny old game".

So what are you basing your optimism on? Blind faith alone?

I'm a realist, I can see that Arsenal have hit form at the right time and we still are not quite back to our best. If you think Wolves are going to do us any favours, then you need your head tested.

You clearly aren't a realist if you think Arsenal won't drop anymore points this year. We certainly will, so will they. In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if both Spurs and Arsenal lost at least one more game this season each.

Football isn't an exact science. I can't see Arsenal losing any home games, but away from home? As I said elsewhere, the home team is at least equal for the draw no matter who they are playing. Can you remind me again what happened in Arsenal's last away game?

I'm a realist, I can see that Arsenal have hit form at the right time and we still are not quite back to our best. If you think Wolves are going to do us any favours, then you need your head tested.

come on lads, calm down, we're just really annoyed at City completely fudging up..

we lost?

City away = We miss easy chance and balo should have been sent off @ 2-2 = 3-2 loss

Man united home = Should be 1 up at ht, playing great...oh Rooney scores 0-1 = let in 2 more goals in quick succession and surrender.

I mean there's loads of incidents over the years. 1-0 at Chelski last season and bad decision = 2-1 loss, 2 up at United and bad decision = 5-2 loss.

Jesus Christ, I give up.

It's not over for third. One game at a time. Let's keep going.

some fans defeatism really bugs me - 6 games left, 2 points in it, all to play for. how many times have we seen 2 point gaps and bigger change in less time that ? Arsenal have lost to and dropped points to some really tinkle poor sides this season - looking at their remaining fixtures and assuming the worst would be stupid

Shame. We played City at home when Modric was sulking and we had no DM's (well Harry trusted Niko ahead of Jake) and they were buzzing, had no pressure. Arsenal played them with a full strength side, City depleted, confidence gone and bottling it.

Season does apparently even itself up and granted we have had spells injury free and the scum have been crippled but you do wonder about true standings in the league.

Have the goons also got an extra day to prep for Wolves? Can't see anything but a win there for Arsenal.

I agree and let's face it out of the top six, we are showing the worst form, by some considerable distance.

Still I was gutted today. How often do we play in games where we hit the woodwork and face world class saves etc? Despite this do we win with a goal in the last three minutes? Never, but those jammy pricks do!

Who's still happy about Harry playing for a draw against a brick Sunderland side then? Or brick Liverpool side for that matter.

He probably made the wrong call by playing Sandro and Parker in midfield. But it's nonsense to say that he played for a draw.

And the Arsenal result today has fudge all to do with it - other than putting you in a bad mood and causing you to throw your toys out of the pram. ;)

Stupid ManCity ! They not only destroyed their title hopes but have put our top 3 place at risk. Always felt Mancini won't win them the title and so it proves. He is too inexperienced to win the PL title.

While I too doubted he would win the title with City this season it is simply ridiculous to say he is too inexperienced bearing in mind he won 3 titles and 4 FA Cups in Italy

Jesus Christ, I give up.

Give up all you want but if you're honestly implying that the reason Arsenal scored was because "they were home" and had nothing to do their self belief and determination to win then you're clearly deluded. Also if you can't see there is a sharp contrast with the way Arsenal react after bad decisions/ missing chances and how we do then again you're deluded.

Panic!

Or we could remember that all hope is not lost, we're still in the top four and our fixture list is still very favourable.

some fans defeatism really bugs me - 6 games left, 2 points in it, all to play for. how many times have we seen 2 point gaps and bigger change in less time that ? Arsenal have lost to and dropped points to some really tinkle poor sides this season - looking at their remaining fixtures and assuming the worst would be stupid

This. Arsenal will most likely beat Chelsea and lose to Wolves away! That's the way this season has gone for practically all the teams.

Plus it's so arrogant that people rule out relegation teams. The last few games of the season can always throw up some amazingly freaky results where teams are fighting for their lives, beating teams you think they'd never be able to beat.

Top four is our aim, and Arsenal are now favourites for third simply because games are running out and they are mathematically ahead. But 3rd isn't out of the question, and I just hope our players don't give up like some of our fans have. Especially now Lennon is hopefully back and we can play the team that did so well earlier in the season.

I made that point straight after the Liverpool match and I got s lot of stick. The thing is Liverpool have done fook all since that match

Playing for a draw? We had chances to win them, but couldn't take them! Sunderland played to deny us space in their final third.

Back