• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
Have we ever won a game after a bad call from the ref? i honestly can't remember a time in the last 3 season to be totally honest.

Give up all you want but if you're honestly implying that the reason Arsenal scored was because "they were home" and had nothing to do their self belief and determination to win then you're clearly deluded. Also if you can't see there is a sharp contrast with the way Arsenal react after bad decisions/ missing chances and how we do then again you're deluded.

I never said it was because they were at home. You mentioned that we can't do it. I mentioned Stoke. You said we lost against Stoke. Maybe you're one of those fans that fudges off 5 mins before the whistle then and you never checked the score afterwards. Lost against Stoke, give me fudging strength.

I know I'm stating the bleedin' obvious here, but what is essential after today's result is that we win against Norwich tomorrow, and win well to show we are still a threat.

It's not only a 'must win' it's a 'must win convincingly'.

Of course all hope is not lost and really our destiny remains in our hands, but really compare the tempo and urgency of Le Arse with our performance against Sunderland. Also, I think Harry has to go back to the drawing board re personnel and formations.

So what are you basing your optimism on? Blind faith alone?

I'm a realist, I can see that Arsenal have hit form at the right time and we still are not quite back to our best. If you think Wolves are going to do us any favours, then you need your head tested.

Last two games - Arsenal 3 points, Spurs 4 points.

I never said it was because they were at home. You mentioned that we can't do it. I mentioned Stoke. You said we lost against Stoke. Maybe you're one of those fans that fudges off 5 mins before the whistle then and you never checked the score afterwards. Lost against Stoke, give me fudging strength.

You're talking about the 1-1? I was talking about the way we react after a bad call from the ref or missing chances galore and you bring up the home game vs stoke where we hardly created anything and the ref had not much at all to do? yes very smart.

No no, it's all over! We may as well just forfeit our last 6 games. We're brick. It's been a brick season. I'm going to give Roman a quick call now and congratulate him on his automatic bye to the final of the FA Cup, because we may as well give up on that too.

GHod we're brick.

All I'll say is that if Arsenal win their last seven Premiership games (including today) they deserve third. I seriously doubt they'll win seven on the bounce. I think they'll win four or five of the last seven, and lose at least one.

Well they have done it recently, and when I look at their outstanding matches I could easily see them doing it again

You're talking about the 1-1? I was talking about the way we react after a bad call from the ref or missing chances galore and you bring up the home game vs stoke where we hardly created anything and the ref had not much at all to do? yes very smart.

I'm refuting the fact that we feel sorry for ourselves. We do not.

btw if someone says Arsenal win it and another person quotes that post and replies "Expected. They're the home team"...does that not imply that they won because they're the home team or have i completely lost my mind?

No no, it's all over! We may as well just forfeit our last 6 games. We're brick. It's been a brick season. I'm going to give Roman a quick call now and congratulate him on his automatic bye to the final of the FA Cup, because we may as well give up on that too.

GHod we're brick.

I don't think people are giving up on the season, they are just being realistic, in that we have dropped points all over the place since late Feb. If it continues, we will drop out of the top four. It is just an honest assesment of the facts.

btw if someone says Arsenal win it and another person quotes that post and replies "Expected. They're the home team"...does that not imply that they won because they're the home team or have i completely lost my mind?

What I am trying to convey is that Arsenal were pre-match favourites. A team of Arsenal's quality should ALWAYS be pre-match favourites against any opposition. For the record, so should we be. I don't understand why City losing automatically means our season is over, when Arsenal were expected to win the fudging game anyway?!

Of course, only going back the last 2 games gives you that response. What about the last game ? arseanal 3 pts spurs 1, or why not go back the last 8 games ?

Your fast becoming the mick totman of gg.

I don't think people are giving up on the season, they are just being realistic, in that we have dropped points all over the place since late Feb. If it continues, we will drop out of the top four. It is just an honest assesment of the facts.

Thank you. None of us want to throw in the towel, but if people can't see that Arsenal are flying and have momentum then give me strength. Were now back in the situation where we are relying on other teams again. I believe they will drop points, but I think we will too.

We lost against Utd at home, that was bad. We should beat everyone at home. Other than that? I don't think so really. Arsenal and Everton are both good enough teams where they should be favourite to beat us at home so I regard them as standard results. Sunderland also, so I regard that as a point gained. Chelsea draw is definitely a point gained. Stoke at home is two points lost.

So in reality I think we're 3pts behind what we should be, which is losing to Utd at home.

Back