• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Match of the Day Thread

that's the problem with goal heavy days, we get less highlights and analysis of our game

the good thing about goal heavy days is that we get less highlights and analysis of other games and just get to see the goals

Not that Jonathan Pearce is a great commentator, but that was so, so, so, so much better than Darke/Owen on BT Chel53a TV. Talking about what's happening, not how great this Chel53a side is or how they're going to get back into the game. Also managed to not end every sentence with a question, didn't he?

Not that Jonathan Pearce is a great commentator, but that was so, so, so, so much better than Darke/Owen on BT Chel53a TV. Talking about what's happening, not how great this Chel53a side is or how they're going to get back into the game. Also managed to not end every sentence with a question, didn't he?

said we hadn't scored 5 against Chelsea since the 60's which annoyed me, if you don't know the facts don't make em up

Exactly, I swear that most "facts" they say on commentary are completely made up, that's at least 3 in the last month or so on Spurs games that I know to be completely untrue!

Also no mention or coverage on Cahill's kick in the back of Kane, f'kin disgrace. I thought that was very poor coverage on motd, but as someone else said, there were too many goals today, not enough analysis.

And the analysis that was there was a little strange. Savage's incoherent triangle chat. Choosing to have a go at Matic and give him advise when he's been one of the standouts of the season. Not focussing on how Fabregas was nullified today.

I thought Savage was making the point that Matic has been a big part of their success this season that that we (notably eriksen) were clever in pulling him out of position.

Anyway, how can people be discussing football strategy when the world of football is in mourning?

Thank gawd for that. MOTD has many failings, but nothing compared to the ultimate failing of being on ITV.

A tough decision for the BBC tonight. A dramatic come back by Spurs in the NLD versus another revelationary point from Brenton's resurgent Liverpool. How can you argue against the latter given the impact on Stevie Me's Wembley destiny?

Back