• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Match of the Day Thread

Wasn't Gullit also quite scathing of Sherwood and his tactics, especially when there was such a lot of talk of LVG coming to us?

Let's see what he says in weeks to come...he might be trying purposely to load a lot of pressure on us to deflect from his friend LVG... :-k

I think the main gripe isn't really about the level of insight or how right or wrong they are, but why pick on Lamela? Surely there's more than enough other, relevant and interesting moments to talk about? Two red cards, missed penalty, hitherto unknown defender scoring on his debut (in stoppage time nonetheless) .

Yea thats a fair point. In isolation and just on Eriksen and Lamela, it wasn't factually wrong. But I see what you're all saying. There was far more interesting moments to pick out as you and Steff said.

I think the main gripe isn't really about the level of insight or how right or wrong they are, but why pick on Lamela? Surely there's more than enough other, relevant and interesting moments to talk about? Two red cards, missed penalty, hitherto unknown defender scoring on his debut (in stoppage time nonetheless) .

Maybe because he's the big money signing who's constantly talked up, but to date has shown nothing of any consequence.

We bought 7 players last season and so far 6 of them have failed to break through. We all agree they need to improve? So why shouldn't a pundit point out where a player is under performing? That's their job.

Maybe because he's the big money signing who's constantly talked up, but to date has shown nothing of any consequence.

We bought 7 players last season and so far 6 of them have failed to break through. We all agree they need to improve? So why shouldn't a pundit point out where a player is under performing? That's their job.

Can anybody else find Match of the Day on iplayer? I've looked but is it actually there and I've missed it?

Rant start...

As a PL fan based in the UK, I am discriminated against.

In the USA and many other countries it is possible to watch ALL PL games live on demand & its cheap(ish). Its not possible to do that in the UK, impact on attendances outside the PL was a good reason in the 1990s. However as a consumer don't I have the right to make that decision?

However, that's not the end of the injustice:

1. All top PL games are sold out to season ticket holders anyway - how do I watch these games if they aren't on UK TV? If I was Dutch I could.
2. It makes some sense that this would be a rule for 3pm KO on Saturday, however only 50% of games are now played at that time. I can't watch all of the other 50%. If I was Chinese I could.
3. What makes it worse is that I cant even watch a full re-run of every match on TV at all...it has to be highlights. However if I was Egyptian I could.
4. For the above poor service, we pay more for our limited coverage than we could pay for full coverage in New Zealand.

Who's with me? Which corporate logo should we defecate on first?

...rant end.

Lovely to see Piers Morgan and Russell Brand given star billing on the MOTD 50th anniversary show!
The BBC, the gift that keeps on taking.

I'm watching it Sunday, but it sounds that it's more about Z list celebs recollections rather than how the style of the prog has evolved with technology and national taste.

Oh, and maybe some classic football moments along the way, showing the yougsters how good players could be on muddy pitches, without subs, famous outfielders replacing keepers, how recently we went from no subs to 1 for injury only, then any sub, then 3, then 5.

When numbers appeared, names, shirt adverts, red/yellow cards - history please - not more fcuking celebs and vermin

Oh and the 60s March of the Decade series including 63 CWC

I'm watching it Sunday, but it sounds that it's more about Z list celebs recollections rather than how the style of the prog has evolved with technology and national taste.

Oh, and maybe some classic football moments along the way, showing the yougsters how good players could be on muddy pitches, without subs, famous outfielders replacing keepers, how recently we went from no subs to 1 for injury only, then any sub, then 3, then 5.

When numbers appeared, names, shirt adverts, red/yellow cards - !history please! - not more fcuking celebs and vermin

Oh and the 60s Match of the Decade series including 63 CWC

PS - Maybe they can pin down the date it was decreed that we weren't allowed to watch snips from games without background music

PPS - When the fans sang !

Criticising a players performance isn't the same as ****ging him off saying I never want to see him again. I think everyone is very very excited with Lamela. Because we can all see something. (As Gullit said). But there is nothing wrong with calling it when he is overcomplicating situations. Of course in context (hardly any playing time in the league) those things will come with playing time. I absolutely back Lamela to shine. Still think there was nothing wrong with what Gullit said. A lot expected of Lamela and Eriksen and both are key to seeing just how far Spurs can go this year. Both on this first showing didn't really show they were ready to propel Spurs into the top 4. But its just 1 game.

Anyway just repeating myself now so I'll shut up :)
Heeeeeeeee's a prick mate! Plus he offered nothing positive whatsoever about the player other than a begrudging 'there's something there'…would love to have seen his face on Thursday evening.

Ruud Gullit

Yup, let's see this total Wheelchair step-up on the telly and speak about Lamela after today. Although I'm sure in the three minutes he might have, he could find some negative stuff to say about us. And Erik. Prick! You can see I'm STILL ****ed off about it, like some little angry dwarf LOL!!!!!

First time in more than two years (as far as I can recall) that I'm really looking forward to watching MOTD.

Back