• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Lane, The Finale

Tottenham show the world how to leave a stage

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/14/tottenham-show-world-leave-stage/

TELEMMGLPICT000128662001-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqNuDlng7k5JgKe0LZng254HxdQz6kefGWswaAGQelqzg.jpeg

Perryman Our record Appearance holder not being there that suprised me the most, wherever he is, they should have got him over. And also having some not so much legenss being there like Davies and Carr.

Players I was suprised not to see:

Lineker

Lineker: Disappointed that I can't make it to White Hart Lane today to say goodbye. Loved playing at the old place. So many wonderful memories.

Perryman Our record Appearance holder not being there that suprised me the most, wherever he is, they should have got him over. And also having some not so much legenss being there like Davies and Carr.

Players I was suprised not to see:

Perryman
Parks
Lineker
Freund ( where was he? )
Woodgate ( for the League cup winner )
Apparently Perryman had to attend an Exeter match, as he's a club executive...

@OsvaldooArdilles
Message from Steve Perryman: "SP sorry He can't be with you all tomorrow to pay his respects to WHL where He grew up and learnt to play for the best group of fans any player could wish to play in that wonderful Stadium." Steve Perryman. COYS

Just watched the Finale on TV and they certainly had the crowd sound turned down. I suppose they had to in order to hear all the official stuff but it really was much,much louder than it sounded.

The one with a sponsor or without :)

I've gone with the Gazza 91 home shirt basically because that goal at Wembley will never leave me, going off to watch us nervous as f.ck.....And a day where it all went right. Thanks Gazza.

Ricky is my avatar because being a 8 year old and only able to watch Spurs on the tele....That moment in 81 absolutely mesmerised me.

I'm in block 45 today (i think with @paxtonwolf) if you see a 91 Gazza shirt ...say hello.

Sorry mate, already left before I saw this. What row where you in, we were sat Row 16 Seats 176 and 177

Too late to start reading through, just got back.

Shame it got a bit nervy in the end, but still a fantastic day. What an atmosphere, the Rooney goal dampened it a bit, but we couldnt even get a decent ref for the last game.
Pants most of the game, then at the end he was handed (on a plate) the chance for us to give us a perfect finale. Sat in the Park Lane it looked a pen in the last 10 seconds. Wouldnt have effected the result, could have given Kane the oppurtunity to score the final goal (instead of f#ckin Rooney)

100% nailed on had it been Anfield's finale, or Stamford Bridge, it would have been given,

At the end, we still won, and we got 2nd, for the 1st time in my lifetime. Well done Everybody

David Beckham: Being a East End boy and Manchester United fan I always loved scoring against the London clubs , but there was always a slight guilt every time I scored against Spurs at white hart lane for one reason only my grandad was always watching and he had been a season ticket holder for 40 years but he loved every moment ... I have so many great memories from white hart lane from the age of 11 training there and then being sat in Terry Venables office being offered a contract ( obviously turning it down ) to captaining United in that famous comeback but the most memorable has to be the day of my grandads funeral when we celebrated his life in the stadium with family and friends... White hart lane will always be a big part of our family .. Thank you for the memories @spursofficial

Just back in Leeds.

Great day!

T-Shirt, Flag a bit of pitch!

Group next to me all got their seats (about 8 - seat and back). Seeemed like every body had a seat and some had hoardings taking 3 to carry (coming to an auction site near you :0)

Lad at WHL was armed with a DeWalt toolkit!

Anyway a great day. Shame about the rain but the GHod's smiled down on the old girl and gave us a rainbow over the Shelf-Side (which bought a tear to the eye)

Perfect send off.

Stayed as long as I could...sat in my seat and just took it all in for the final time!

What a fantastic send off from team performance, fans all game and the farewell finale was classy....must admit I did go a few times during the day and uncontrollably at

'it's now time to say goodbye to the world famous home of the Spurs!'

The result was great, to find with a victory was the perfect send off. I wasn't overly impressed by the after show. I think that a lot of the ideas were in the right place, including allowing legends to take to the pitch, but the elastic nature of that word was a bit too much. I think perhaps a narrative could have been better that talked about the development of the team over the years, pivotal games at White Hart Lane, and successs stories and then introducing players in an order of oldest first, so as to guide through the story in a chronological order.

That way, some of the player's appearances would have been made more fitting rather than just seemingly have a former Spurs player directory where someone took a pen, flicked through the pages randomly selecting some additional players to invite.

I'm not a huge fan of song sheets or fans being led in song. Especially when the version of the song is sung in a way that doesn't reflect its terrace performances..I mean none of the choirs sung the Arsenal fan on a string song. ;) I think there should have been videos of chants and action through the years, that led the crowd to join with the video prompts, rather than a choir.

I think that the videos of speeches would have worked better with live speeches rather than the filmed versions.

I think that they could have auctioned off, for charity, the chance to take a penalty at White Hart Lane at the end. That could have been Unofficially the last chance to score at White Hart Lane and could have helped to raise funds for the club's chosen charity.

I don't know, maybe I'm being too critical of the closing ceremony, perhaps that's because I couldn't experience the event first hand. But, it's a sad time that the end has arrived for White Hart Lane. So many magical memories over the years. Let's hope that the new stadium can create memories and success which will be equal, or better, than those enjoyed at the Lane.

Emotion starting to kick in now. This morning I was thinking of my first game (1976 Boxing Day fixture v Woolwich. 2-2. Willie Young got sent off. Mass player brawl. What better intro could a 10 year old have!) and about my Dad, now sadly passed, who took me. I was driving home this morning from staying overnight after a wedding and on the radio came the Luther Vandross song "Dance with my Father". So that set me off emotionally but I've decided it's an omen. Not sure what of, but an omen all the same. So Dad, if you're looking down, make it a very good one today!!

Thanks Dad! And you excelled with the rainbow!

Back