• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Incorrect Decisions thread

Did not look marginal at all to me. Shove in the small of the back. If he doesn't get shoved there, he isn't flying through the air in that direction. I was frankly alarmed to see Webb give the CORRECT decision!

it was debatable, and I'm going to try to keep this as factual as is possible, ie, incorrect pens that lead to goals, wrongly disallowed goals etc.

FWIW, Gallas clearly got the ball for his tackle for his 'pen'.

Fellaini's goal just now, wrongly disallowed for offside.

Jelavic in the first half was rightly disallowed for offside. Both very close though, either side of the imaginary line they draw on the screen.

Arghh and Anichebe's header was definitely in and not given.

Last edited:
the ref knew he made a mistake, straight afterwards ben arfa was through on goal on the half way line and he blew his whistle for a foul seconds earlier that didn't stop him. Ref has to give that in centre of the goal. For the Fellini one BBC said he was just off. I think his body was in front of the defenders body it was only legs playing him on so can't blame lineo for that.

the ref knew he made a mistake, straight afterwards ben arfa was through on goal on the half way line and he blew his whistle for a foul seconds earlier that didn't stop him. Ref has to give that in centre of the goal. For the Fellini one BBC said he was just off. I think his body was in front of the defenders body it was only legs playing him on so can't blame lineo for that.

The ref blew his whistle before Ben Arfa was through on goal though, you could see Baines stop well before Ben Arfa ran past him because he heard the whistle. Doubt the ref would have found out in 10-15 seconds that he had gotten it wrong anyway.

That was actually the worst decision imo, he had another one where he didn't play the advantage as well, almost as bad. Offside there's just nothing you can do without technology. I actually thought the goal line clearance decision was excusable as well. Ball was over the line by half an inch or an inch. Assistant is in a good position, but the ball is moving quickly and it's not easy to see those in game. Marginal calls like that when talking about inches or less and players or the ball moving quickly won't be consistently right unless the assistants get some help. Referee not taking that half a second to see how play develops before blowing his whistle though, no excuse for that.

Anything from yesterday chaps?

The Fellaini handball for Everton's first but they did go on to win comfortably, so I don't think I can include that.

Anything from yesterday chaps?

The Fellaini handball for Everton's first but they did go on to win comfortably, so I don't think I can include that.

Yeh. Bloody Chelsea.

Luiz should have been straight red and not a yellow.

And two blatant dives for penalties should have been punished more severly. Filthy cheating tacos.

Nani's was probably a pen.
Ba handball.
Riise? dived for Fulham's penalty vs. Emirates Marketing Project.

So are we all going to ignore the fact that we've had decisions go our way this season so far?

Defoe goal vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine was offside, Reading should have had a pen, I swear Norwich should have had a blatant pen? , United should have had a pen.

I think United had two good shouts for a pen.
If Vertonghens was given I don't think we would have much to argue from on the replay.
And wasn't there a tackle by Walker where he didn't get any ball and Kagawa went over?

Gonna be a difficult thread to manage, as you yourself have to draw a line somewhere. To me both were big decisions for us, as you could see there was contact and no ball.

Fergie made an interesting comment on the Vertonghen-Nani incident. He said that it was a penalty (no surprise there) but that Nani made a meal of it.

I feel any attempt to cheat should be an offence (or is with diving) and like in rugby should be used to negate the offence (i.e. reversal of the initial call). You should only get the penalty if you don't dive so Suarez and Nani wouldn't get penalties. This measure would get the managers to stop their players diving. As the rules in football stand, both were poor calls but gave the correct result (penalising the cheat).

So are we all going to ignore the fact that we've had decisions go our way this season so far?

Defoe goal vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine was offside, Reading should have had a pen, I swear Norwich should have had a blatant pen? , United should have had a pen.

Who's ignoring it?

Nani should have had a pen yesterday. Don't remember Defoe's goal being offside. Norwich and Reading both should have had pens.

Back