• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Inbetween Transfer Windows Rumour Thread

We were linked with him in he summer also, some said he would be mustard, others were sceptical and thought he was more of a midfield/winger type of guy more than a striker. I don't really know, but he looks really good on Youtube!

[video=youtube;i3kWNCCVYhY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3kWNCCVYhY[/video]

Moutinho a fan of AVB

Portuguese midfielder was flattered by Spurs' summer interest

Last Updated: September 13, 2012 8:04am

Villas-Boas confirmed earlier this month a deal to bring Moutinho to White Hart Lane this summer collapsed on transfer deadline day, despite a £22million fee being agreed.

Reports suggest the North Londoners could resume their pursuit of the Portugual international in the winter transfer window and while the 25-year-old says he is focused on Porto, he admits he is an admirer of Tottenham's manager.

He was quoted as saying in the Daily Mirror: "Tottenham is not in my head now, although I was flattered by the interest, especially by the coach. Andre Villas-Boas is one of the best coaches in Europe today.

"The transfer window is closed but now I am focused on Porto and prefer not to talk about something which may or may not happen.

"Porto is a club which offers maximum stability to help me show my best level.

"I cannot talk about anything else until that changes."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8074855/Moutinho-a-fan-of-AVB

He's a second striker primarily - technically very skilled, had his best season last year. Let's see how he follows it up

Moutinho a fan of AVB

Portuguese midfielder was flattered by Spurs' summer interest

Last Updated: September 13, 2012 8:04am

Villas-Boas confirmed earlier this month a deal to bring Moutinho to White Hart Lane this summer collapsed on transfer deadline day, despite a £22million fee being agreed.

Reports suggest the North Londoners could resume their pursuit of the Portugual international in the winter transfer window and while the 25-year-old says he is focused on Porto, he admits he is an admirer of Tottenham's manager.

He was quoted as saying in the Daily Mirror: "Tottenham is not in my head now, although I was flattered by the interest, especially by the coach. Andre Villas-Boas is one of the best coaches in Europe today.

"The transfer window is closed but now I am focused on Porto and prefer not to talk about something which may or may not happen.

"Porto is a club which offers maximum stability to help me show my best level.

"I cannot talk about anything else until that changes."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8074855/Moutinho-a-fan-of-AVB

So, good news that Moutinho isn't ruling us out.

Bad news, we need to keep AVB until January to get him.

I really, really hope we can still get results without Moutinho, and AVB's entire tactical system doesn't revolve having a player like that. Dembele should be able to do it anyway, but I'm worried that missing out on him would leave a Carrick-like hole in our team that took us about 6 months to recover from his loss and start to get consistent results without him.

The French and Italian press are reporting that Tottenham are sniffing around Toulouse midfielder Moussa Sissoko. Carlo Ancelotti this week spoke of how good Sissoko is and how he's the player to fear as PSG look ahead to a game against their Ligue 1 opponents.

Tottenham are still looking for a big name replacement following Luka Modric's exit and even though some supporters think they've done well in the summer transfer market, it hasn't transferred to the football pitch and those brought in late weren't the first choices of Andre Villas Boas. Daniel Levy originally walked away from Porto when he heard the price for Moutinho but having been laughed out of Ukraine with derisory bids for Willian, he returned to the first choice but wasn't able to secure a deal.

Porto have since sold Hulk and enjoyed basking in their reputation as a club who get high fees for players, they will not put that in jeopardy by selling Moutinho to Tottenham at a cut down price. Therefore, other options have to be looked at and, according to Sport 365 and others, the main one is Moussa Sissoko, a talented youngster whose contract ends in June.

Twenty three year old Sissoko started his professional career with Toulouse and has steadily built his reputation, Ancelotti's comments mark him out as one of Ligue 1's outstanding players. Tottenham have been interested for some time and a couple of years back the Toulouse president said he wouldn't be selling the player to Tottenham, unless they offered more than £20m.

He hasn't got any choice come the summer because he'll be available on a free transfer, and Daniel Levy will surely like the sound of that.

Arsenal have also been linked with the player, as they have with every midfielder in France it seems, and The Express said last summer that Arsene Wenger's side were keeping an eye on him ahead of a possible bid. Their interest has been cast aside by the French press in favour of Tottenham but with the player coming to the end of his contract they will surely have a look at the situation again.

----------------------

for free next summer, or for a smallish fee in Jan, could be well worth a punt.

He is a brilliant footballer, he's better than M'Vila, wonder if we could get him though.

Did anyone see about we were after Klose this summer but he rejected us? Now theres a deadly finisher

He is a brilliant footballer, he's better than M'Vila, wonder if we could get him though.

Did anyone see about we were after Klose this summer but he rejected us? Now theres a deadly finisher

Article in the Mail today saying we put in a bid for Klose but he wanted to see out the remainder of his contract.

Funny we are still interested in 34year olds in the post Rednapp era.

Back