• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Inbetween Transfer Windows Rumour Thread

I'd most definitely welcome Fellaini at Spurs. He is awesome, not afraid of fudge all neither.

I'd most definitely welcome Fellaini at Spurs. He is awesome, not afraid of fudge all neither.

He is amazingly effective but is also a bit of bruiser, and does attract the aerial pass a bit too much for my liking.

I hated the way we played with Crouch in the team and would not like to ever go back to that. Fellaini is super Crouch in my mind.

If you play him up front, yes.

If he's in the middle, he wouldn't be attracting the long ball.

.............................Adebayor
..............Bale.............................Dempsey
.......................Dembele.....Fellaini
................................Sandro

If you play him up front, yes.

If he's in the middle, he wouldn't be attracting the long ball.

.............................Adebayor
..............Bale.............................Dempsey
.......................Dembele.....Fellaini
................................Sandro

That's true but I don't think he is as effective in there. In his recent stand-out performance versus Utd I'm sure he played behind Jelavic. He was correctly lauded for this performance. Utd couldn't deal with it on the night.

My recollection of him in the middle of the park is that he fouls a lot. I'm basing this on nothing more than my hazy recollection but I don't remember such glowing reports from his midfield starts.

Not for me but everyone to their own.

Last edited:
I think it's because we don't watch Everton every week. A bit like what other fans would probably say about Sandro. They don't watch Spurs everyweek like we do so they won't give him the credit or rate him as highly as we do. He is a solid midfielder who has good timing, does commit more fouls than most players but rarely gets booked for it for some reason. A threat from set pieces and of course is versatile (like many players we've signed recently), if we are 1-0 down for example late in a game, stick Fellaini up top or off of Adebayor, take Dempsey off and replace him with Lennon, attack from the wings and have Dembele and Sandro in the middle.

Tottenham anger with Porto threatens fresh Moutinho move
Spurs failed to sign the midfielder after the Portuguese club moved the goalposts in the final hours of the summer transfer window after initially agreeing a £24m fee

10 Sep 2012 09:02:00

By Greg Stobart

Tottenham remain interested in signing Porto midfielder Joao Moutinho in January but are unlikely to offer the £24 million fee agreed between the clubs on the final day of the summer transfer window.

Spurs are understood to be angry with Porto's conduct after the Portuguese champions reneged on a £22m deal on the final day of August and then submitted contractual documents that contained irregularities.

The Londoners failed in their attempts to sign Moutinho, with the player’s personal terms providing an obstacle before Porto raised the asking price to £24m in the final hour of the window.

Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas is a huge admirer of Moutinho and wants chairman Daniel Levy to make a renewed bid for the 25-year-old in January as he considers the playmaker a perfect replacement for Luka Modric, who joined Real Madrid this summer in a £33m deal.

Tottenham sources say the club will not match the £24m fee agreed in the final hour of the summer and believe a deal for Moutinho will be even more difficult in January after Porto sold Hulk to Zenit St Petersburg in a transfer worth £32m.

"On a point of principle, there is very little chance that Spurs will offer £24m for Moutinho again," a Spurs source told Goal.com. "There are plenty of good players out there and we are always looking for value in the market."

While Villas-Boas still considers Moutinho his top summer target, the club will assess in the coming months where they need to improve in the New Year.

Despite their failure to land Moutinho, the Londoners signed Mousa Dembele, Gylfi Sigurdsson and Clint Dempsey over the summer.

Meanwhile, Spurs will move into their new £40m training base in Enfield this week as the players return from international duty.

The club hope the state-of-the-art training centre will give the first-team a boost after a disappointing start to the Premier League in which they have secured just two points from their first three fixtures.
---------------------------------------

Thats the end of that then

Lets see then who the scouts discover that provide "value in the market"

Giuseppe Rossi could be available in Jan, depending on his fitness.....might be the kind of risk Spurs will have to take to acquire a top forward

Tottenham anger with Porto threatens fresh Moutinho move
Spurs failed to sign the midfielder after the Portuguese club moved the goalposts in the final hours of the summer transfer window after initially agreeing a £24m fee

10 Sep 2012 09:02:00

By Greg Stobart

Tottenham remain interested in signing Porto midfielder Joao Moutinho in January but are unlikely to offer the £24 million fee agreed between the clubs on the final day of the summer transfer window.

Spurs are understood to be angry with Porto's conduct after the Portuguese champions reneged on a £22m deal on the final day of August and then submitted contractual documents that contained irregularities.

The Londoners failed in their attempts to sign Moutinho, with the player’s personal terms providing an obstacle before Porto raised the asking price to £24m in the final hour of the window.

Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas is a huge admirer of Moutinho and wants chairman Daniel Levy to make a renewed bid for the 25-year-old in January as he considers the playmaker a perfect replacement for Luka Modric, who joined Real Madrid this summer in a £33m deal.

Tottenham sources say the club will not match the £24m fee agreed in the final hour of the summer and believe a deal for Moutinho will be even more difficult in January after Porto sold Hulk to Zenit St Petersburg in a transfer worth £32m.

"On a point of principle, there is very little chance that Spurs will offer £24m for Moutinho again," a Spurs source told Goal.com. "There are plenty of good players out there and we are always looking for value in the market."

While Villas-Boas still considers Moutinho his top summer target, the club will assess in the coming months where they need to improve in the New Year.

Despite their failure to land Moutinho, the Londoners signed Mousa Dembele, Gylfi Sigurdsson and Clint Dempsey over the summer.

Meanwhile, Spurs will move into their new £40m training base in Enfield this week as the players return from international duty.

The club hope the state-of-the-art training centre will give the first-team a boost after a disappointing start to the Premier League in which they have secured just two points from their first three fixtures.
---------------------------------------

Thats the end of that then

Lets see then who the scouts discover that provide "value in the market"

Goal.com are not the most credible of sources but taken at face value I'd say the Moutinho transfer will likely rumble on until the end of the January transfer window. I still think it is on, but I'd be surprised if it is wrapped up quickly.

Giuseppe Rossi could be available in Jan, depending on his fitness.....might be the kind of risk Spurs will have to take to acquire a top forward

One of my favourite players. It's always a risk after CL injuries but I'm sure that could be factored into the price. The chap was worth 30mil only a year ago. Definitely worth a punt.

Goal.com are not the most credible of sources but taken at face value I'd say the Moutinho transfer will likely rumble on until the end of the January transfer window. I still think it is on, but I'd be surprised if it is wrapped up quickly.

If it is still on it would be wrapped up by now and ready for January.

Jermaine Jenas is set to join Leeds United this week on loan after he was deemed surplus to requirements by Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas.

The 29-year-old midfielder has struggled with loss of form and injuries over the last few years and has fallen well down the pecking order at White Hart Lane.

Now back to full fitness after missing the majority of last season - which he spent on loan at Aston Villa - with an achilles injury, Jenas is keen to get some games under his belt out on loan and Leeds have made a move, according to the People.

Jenas, who has 21 England caps, would become 13th first-team player to depart Spurs since Villas-Boas's arrival.

More players are set to leave in January, with Heurelho Gomes, Michael Dawson and Tom Huddlestone all up for sale.

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2200886/Jermaine-Jenas-set-Leeds-United-loan-move.html

Greg Stobart seems pretty connected at Spurs though

I like Rossi, but is he really going to revert back to playing on the right (like he originally did when he arrived at Villarreal and Llorente played in the centre) to fit into a 4-3-3?

We need someone else who can play in the lone role. Rossi is really just a good version of Defoe.

I like Rossi, but is he really going to revert back to playing on the right (like he originally did when he arrived at Villarreal and Llorente played in the centre) to fit into a 4-3-3?

We need someone else who can play in the lone role. Rossi is really just a good version of Defoe.

if Falcao can play the lone striker role in an AVB team, then Rossi can do it too........we need, AVB needs, a clinical finisher with excellent movement. Rossi can provide both skill sets

I think it's because we don't watch Everton every week. A bit like what other fans would probably say about Sandro. They don't watch Spurs everyweek like we do so they won't give him the credit or rate him as highly as we do. He is a solid midfielder who has good timing, does commit more fouls than most players but rarely gets booked for it for some reason. A threat from set pieces and of course is versatile (like many players we've signed recently), if we are 1-0 down for example late in a game, stick Fellaini up top or off of Adebayor, take Dempsey off and replace him with Lennon, attack from the wings and have Dembele and Sandro in the middle.

Just like when I was kept hearing how noone would want Moyes at Spurs because Everton play cr*p football. Utter nonsense....

Back