• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Inbetween Transfer Windows Rumour Thread

Ben Pearce ‏@BenPearceSpurs
#thfc AVB said it's "highly unlikely" that Spurs will pursue Moutinho: "Its not likely that we go back in January" - a different market.

Very surprised to hear that but even still it might be a smokescreen. AVB's words and actions have not always matched to date.

Could add this here as well:

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas says he was offered the chance to sign Lazio striker Miroslav Klose by various agents but insists there was never any serious discussion over a deal.

Veteran Germany international Klose claimed earlier this month that Spurs tried to sign him in the summer transfer window but he turned them down in favour of staying at Lazio.

He told La Gazzetta dello Sport: "The player had been offered to us by the usual round of agents, but there was never any real negotiation.

"Klose is an important player, but I have very good strikers. With Defoe, Adebayor and Dempsey I can feel comfortable."

"With Lazio it will be a difficult match," he added.

"The Italian league is one of the toughest in the world and those at the top of it need to be addressed with the utmost concentration.

"They have important players such as Ledesma, who is one of my favourite players.

"Then there's Hernanes. I expected him to find a top club (in the summer) and instead Lazio have done well to keep him."

So, who's this Ledesma?

No brick? That would be brilliant. At the rate the a league is improving, and premier league worsening, I predict by 2043, Australia will have the dominant league.

Isco of Malaga with 2 brilliant CL goals last night

wonder how much we were interested in him and whether it might turn out to be a mistake not snapping him up this summer when Malaga were offloading their stars

Someone on COYS re Moutinho.

Guys, I'm in no way ITK, but I do get a couple of bits of news now and again.. Wont post who i got this info from here but happy if the mods want to PM for the source. This literally couldn’t come from any higher up at Porto and I was there during this conversation.

Basically the first time we showed any official interest in him was at 08.30 on the last day of the window, we tentatively agreed a deal with Porto but couldn’t agree terms with the player, then after a bit of back and forth we agreed terms with the player but when it came to the actually nitty gritty of the deal with Porto, again we couldn’t agree final terms. Finally later that day we agreed both and then at 23.30, Levy changed the goal posts, It was to do with a payement of about 12 mill, which rather than pay up front, he decided to change the payment structure to spread it over either 2 or 4 years (can’t remember which one) and deal fell through. Chap from Porto thinks highly likely we will be back in Jan for him.

As I said not ITK, but was there during the chat and literally could come any higher from Porto.

What is the deal with saying that you're not ITK, but also saying that you get inside information from time to time? This guy is even claiming to be present during top secret conversation with the very high ups at Porto, yet he's still not ITK?

Righto...

There is a young danish striker Andreas Cornelius age 19, playing for FC Copenhagen we should seriously look at. Big, strong good in the air, and scoring for fun atm

Guys, I'm in no way ITK, but I do get a couple of bits of news now and again.. Wont post who i got this info from here but happy if the mods want to PM for the source. This literally couldn’t come from any higher up at Porto and I was there during this conversation.

Basically the first time we showed any official interest in him was at 08.30 on the last day of the window, we tentatively agreed a deal with Porto but couldn’t agree terms with the player, then after a bit of back and forth we agreed terms with the player but when it came to the actually nitty gritty of the deal with Porto, again we couldn’t agree final terms. Finally later that day we agreed both and then at 23.30, Levy changed the goal posts, It was to do with a payement of about 12 mill, which rather than pay up front, he decided to change the payment structure to spread it over either 2 or 4 years (can’t remember which one) and deal fell through. Chap from Porto thinks highly likely we will be back in Jan for him.

As I said not ITK, but was there during the chat and literally could come any higher from Porto.

What? The ITK who is not ITK, was himself in the room. Actually its just a 'bit of news' that he gets from time to time, not in the room then? This 'player' hangs out with execs! Clearly. Portuguese ones. WALOB

David Moyes will decide this week whether to add Thomas Hitzlsperger to his Everton ranks on a free transfer.

The former Aston Villa and West Ham United midfielder is a free agent after leaving Wolfsburg and has been training with Everton for the past week. Moyes is keen to strengthen in central midfield after Fifa refused to ratify Everton's deadline day move for Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe from Club Brugge and is considering offering the 30-year-old Hitzlsperger a contract until the end of the season.

The transfer window closed at 11pm. Don't think changing the goal posts would have mattered then.

You can get a one hour extension to the window if the deal is agreed and it is just the paperwork that needs finalising. My understanding is that this is where we got to but there were two many issues with the contracts to be resolved within the hour.

You can get a one hour extension to the window if the deal is agreed and it is just the paperwork that needs finalising. My understanding is that this is where we got to but there were two many issues with the contracts to be resolved within the hour.

That's not in line with the reports which came out afterewards - depending on what you choose to believe anyway

- We agreed his fee earlier in the day

- Spent the remaining hours (!) finalising personal terms. He asked for more, give-take, etc

- Player eventually agreed to our terms at which point Porto changed their tune and asked for more money (transfer fee) - now that the player's terms have also increased

- We ran out of time / money / patience

To all those saying - let's break our wage structure for a marquee signing

From Reuters:

"I'm not against foreign players but there must be a balance in the team," Russia captain Denisov told the Sport-Express daily.

"Yes, the club has bought good players but do you think they are so much better than us that they should make three times as much?"

Local media said midfielder Denisov was making 3m euros a year and was asking for a 2m euro raise.

"Zenit already have great players who have won as many titles as the new guys. I would understand if we got (Lionel) Messi or (fellow Barcelona player Andres) Iniesta. They would deserve any price," he added.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/socce...RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANibG9nBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

Back