• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Immense Struggle to avoid the European Conference League

No, but if we do it's because utd or Saudi Sportswashing Machine bottle it bigger than we do.
Sadly I feel sure they won’t. I’ve no faith in levy or our players now, what a clusterfudge.

And to think levy/enic are supposedly planning to raise season ticket prices again! tinkle taking clams

With Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Man U winning at half time I'm actually quite pleased....

If we lose on Saturday against Brighton then at least we can start building for next season knowing that top 4 has well and truly gone..

I am so fed up with our club...

With Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Man U winning at half time I'm actually quite pleased....

If we lose on Saturday against Brighton then at least we can start building for next season knowing that top 4 has well and truly gone..

There is no point us finishing top 4 (couldn’t give a fudge about the financial benefits, not like we recruit elite players with the extra cash anyway), we can’t compete in that competition right now. Would love for us to be in the Europa or even the Conference thing and whoever the manager is actually give it a fudging go for a change because they are tournaments we would have a decent chance in if we really went for it. But I doubt we would….

There is no point us finishing top 4 (couldn’t give a fudge about the financial benefits, not like we recruit elite players with the extra cash anyway), we can’t compete in that competition right now. Would love for us to be in the Europa or even the Conference thing and whoever the manager is actually give it a fudging go for a change because they are tournaments we would have a decent chance in if we really went for it. But I doubt we would….

I don't understand you guys. Why would you not want us to be in the CL next year? Especially in a year that the Scum will be in it too. Being in the CL and rebuilding at the same time are not mutually exclusive. And no, I don't think anyone will think we're fine just because we made CL, as It is pretty obvious we need some major changes.

Probably cause some see that as a club we value being in the top 4 as a end goal rather than a stepping stone.
If we're not gonna compete, why be in it, as a fan it brings no real value. I'd rather us finish 5th and win the F.A Cup then finish 4th at this point.
Finishing 4th is meant to represent the next step in the clubs evolution, but it doesn't seem to represent that for us, it's just more revenue to the club.

I don't understand you guys. Why would you not want us to be in the CL next year? Especially in a year that the Scum will be in it too. Being in the CL and rebuilding at the same time are not mutually exclusive. And no, I don't think anyone will think we're fine just because we made CL, as It is pretty obvious we need some major changes.
Because we arent good enough to compete for the CL. And a new manager isn’t going to magically take us to CL contenders. I’d rather be competing in a tournament we could win. But that comes with the caveat we actually go for it, which is doubtful because the remit from Levy is always to prioritise top 4….

I don't disagree with your logic as such but levy won't see it that way... If we get cl he will just see the money and not care...

I don't like feeling the way I do but I first went to Spurs in 1967 and the last few years have just drained so much enthusiasm, and hope , from me...

Y'know, I think Newcastles run in looks tough, no easy games....... ah who am I kidding

Because we arent good enough to compete for the CL. And a new manager isn’t going to magically take us to CL contenders. I’d rather be competing in a tournament we could win. But that comes with the caveat we actually go for it, which is doubtful because the remit from Levy is always to prioritise top 4….
We're not good enough to win to the league so might as well jack that off too. Don't understand that attitude.

Probably cause some see that as a club we value being in the top 4 as a end goal rather than a stepping stone.
If we're not gonna compete, why be in it, as a fan it brings no real value. I'd rather us finish 5th and win the F.A Cup then finish 4th at this point.
Finishing 4th is meant to represent the next step in the clubs evolution, but it doesn't seem to represent that for us, it's just more revenue to the club.
It doesn't bring any value as a fan?? Some of the most enjoyable nights for me has been in the CL, beating the likes of AC and Real and of course the wins over City and Ajax.
If you don't get any value in nights like that then why follow football?
More revenue for the club means more revenue to put into the team, why would you not want that?

Back