• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Immense Struggle to avoid the European Conference League

And start the tirade from the usual suspects about us never spending enough money.;)
Whether it actually necessitates shrinking the transfer budget is a different question altogether of course. I foresee 'Financial fair play restrictions' being used in Levy's notes accompanying the next set of accounts while we'll yet again be the team who are the furthest away from the FFP line of all PL teams.

Whether it actually necessitates shrinking the transfer budget is a different question altogether of course. I foresee 'Financial fair play restrictions' being used in Levy's notes accompanying the next set of accounts while we'll yet again be the team who are the furthest away from the FFP line of all PL teams.

And there it is.:D

And start the tirade from the usual suspects about us never spending enough money.;)
I genuinely don't understand what some in here want. They don't want us to finish top 4, because we're never gonna win the CL, and it only benefits Levy. At the same time, they don't want us to be in either the EL or ECL, as those tournaments are somehow beneath our dignity. So what they must want is constant mid table finish and doing well in the LC and FA cup.
Bizarre!

Last edited:
I genuinely don't understand what some in here want. They don't want us to finish top 4, because we're never gonna win it, and it only benefits Levy. At the same time, they don't want us to be in either the EL or ECL, as those tournaments are somehow beneath our dignity. So what they must want is constant mid table finish and doing well in the LC and FA cup.
Bizarre!

We want it until we get it, then don't want it because its not enough, and that thing we had before we got the thing we wanted is now beneath us.

I genuinely don't understand what some in here want. They don't want us to finish top 4, because we're never gonna win it, and it only benefits Levy. At the same time, they don't want us to be in either the EL or ECL, as those tournaments are somehow beneath our dignity. So what they must want is constant mid table finish and doing well in the LC and FA cup.
Bizarre!
That's just kids who don't remember the 90s midtable dross. That was agonizing. We've come a LONG way since then

Ok, so our next game is away to Everton (Sean Dyche vs Ryan Mason..gulp:eek:)

Going forward to the last 10 games, who do we think will start for us?
What formation?
Will we go for a midfield 3?
Will Peresic more likely be used as a forward when he plays?
Will Sarr play more?
Will anyone be the new Ndombele (i.e. barely get any minutes at all compared to what people expect)?

Didn't Mason play 4-3-3 last time?

So

Forster

Emerson
Dier
Romero
Davies

Skipp
PEH
Porro

Kane
Kulu
Son

Mason played 4-3-3? Hmm, i guess you might be right given we played Bale, Kane and Son.
Ok.

I think if 4-3-3 i'd go for:

Forster

Porro Romero Lenglet Davies

Skipp Hojbjerg Sarr

Kulu Kane Richarlison (if fit)

Decent weekend of results so far.
The Uniteds meet today.

Not sure what might be the best outcome. I assume most will plump for the draw.

I am going to stick my neck out and say a Toon win.

Only 3 pts difference between the Uniteds. Tooon like us have only league games left, Man U could still play another 5 games on top of their 12 league games

I think to finish above one of the them we have to beat that team when we meet. we play MU at home, but Toon away.

We have a better GD than MU also. Right now I think we might have more chance in finishing above them

A lot will depend on us doing the business Monday night, BUT, we could be clear 3rd by Tuesday morning with Man United back down to 5th..

Decent weekend of results so far.
The Uniteds meet today.

Not sure what might be the best outcome. I assume most will plump for the draw.

I am going to stick my neck out and say a Toon win.

Only 3 pts difference between the Uniteds. Tooon like us have only league games left, Man U could still play another 5 games on top of their 12 league games

I think to finish above one of the them we have to beat that team when we meet. we play MU at home, but Toon away.

We have a better GD than MU also. Right now I think we might have more chance in finishing above them

A lot will depend on us doing the business Monday night, BUT, we could be clear 3rd by Tuesday morning with Man United back down to 5th..
A draw or Man Utd win. Saudi Sportswashing Machine are more likely to fall away. The goals have dried up a bit lately, with 6 in the last 7.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have 3 away games after today and ahead of our game. West Ham, Brentford and Villa all away. Not sure I see them getting a huge haul from those

Back