• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Failing to spot these easy games. Watford(h), West Ham(a), Palace(h), Sunderland(a), Norwich(h). Norwich maybe put they'll be in full on fighting for relegation mode. Sunderland the same.

Arsenal have 9 point from 7 games, 1 win in their last 6 away games and they're still 2nd favourite for the league!?!
Well compare them to our fixture list mate. Tapping on my phone so don't have them immediately to hand.

I am worried about April though when I think, owing to a relatively easy fixture list, Arsenal will claw their way back to the top of the table. So the more points they drop now the bigger the task in April.

I'm not worried about their fixtures, I am more worried about the fact that the 2nd North London of the season always seems to be a frigging catalyst for them going on to win 10 in a row, regardless of the score in our game. The only time it didn't happen was 2009/10 when we finished 4th and they almost bottled 3rd place, we could have gone above them IIRC if we had beat Burnley and Scum lost to Fulham.

What's that, fan's complaining about the T&C's they've already agreed to?

I've said it before, but it angers me so much i'll reiterate, it boils my tinkle that people think football tickets are somehow different to other products and shouldn't have their price dictated by market forces, thats the way the fudging world works you uppity bleating little clams, get back in your box, pay up or go home, "twenty is plenty", fudge you, and the horse you rode in on.

What's that, fan's complaining about the T&C's they've already agreed to?

I've said it before, but it angers me so much i'll reiterate, it boils my tinkle that people think football tickets are somehow different to other products and shouldn't have their price dictated by market forces, thats the way the fudgeing world works you uppity bleating little clams, get back in your box, pay up or go home, "twenty is plenty", fudge you, and the horse you rode in on.

I agree its not as anyone holds a head to fans and makes them but tickets, you pays your money or takes your choice and bitching about ticket prices is crazy when you think what people pay for eurodance records, a weekend on the tinkle, going out for meals etc.

I agree its not as anyone holds a head to fans and makes them but tickets, you pays your money or takes your choice and bitching about ticket prices is crazy when you think what people pay for eurodance records, a weekend on the tinkle, going out for meals etc.

Exactly, when compared to other entertainment a 90 minute PL football match is very good value.

Fans are only being charged these sums for tickets because fans are prepared to pay these sums for tickets.

As one correspondent of The Guardian's Fiver suggested,

So, in the (extremely unlikely) event that Liverpool suits are actually bothered by the 77th-minute walkout (yesterday’s Bits and Bobs), wouldn’t their obvious solution be to charge, say, £94 for tickets?
- Chad Thomas

I'd love it if they did that, absolutely love it.

You have to wonder what would happen in Goonerworld if Leicester were to win the PL title in a season when 2 of the usual challengers have had a dogbrick season....

You have to wonder what would happen in Goonerworld if Leicester were to win the PL title in a season when 2 of the usual challengers have had a dogbrick season....

Have to say the Gooners really are the team that should be running away with it at this point. Chelsea falling away with a Mourinho melt-down is one thing. But that happening while Manu are still in upheaval post-Ferguson and struggling, and Emirates Marketing Project are taking a 1 year managerial change approach is something else. Add to that Liverpool being in flux and ourselves only in our second year under Pochettino. Arsenal is the only team with any stability...

Have to say the Gooners really are the team that should be running away with it at this point. Chelsea falling away with a Mourinho melt-down is one thing. But that happening while Manu are still in upheaval post-Ferguson and struggling, and Emirates Marketing Project are taking a 1 year managerial change approach is something else. Add to that Liverpool being in flux and ourselves only in our second year under Pochettino. Arsenal is the only team with any stability...
Their losing mentality seems to also have remained stable.

I am still very worried that they will put a run of form together and nick it. We must beat them in March, the game at the Emirates already feels like two dropped points as it is.

Their losing mentality seems to also have remained stable.

I am still very worried that they will put a run of form together and nick it. We must beat them in March, the game at the Emirates already feels like two dropped points as it is.

They're definitely still one of the favourites to win it. I just feel that they should be run away favourites at this point considering their situation and the situation at their traditional title rivals.

They're definitely still one of the favourites to win it. I just feel that they should be run away favourites at this point considering their situation and the situation at their traditional title rivals.

The title has been gift wrapped for them. It has to be between Leicester, themselves and dare I say it, us.

The Goons are still the team to beat imo. Interestingly Ranieri has got his team to over perform. Poch has us over performing. The Goons on the other hand have been business as usual it's just that their normal rivals are in complete disarray so they can win by default.

These fookers depress me so much. When you look back over the last 15 years or so, they have been responsible for so much of our traumas as Spurs fans. Taking our captain, for free, winning the league at the lane in 04 , beating us to a champs league place in 06, overtaking us into third place in 2012, beating us to the champs league on the last day again in 2013. I have this niggling feeling they will beat us to the league this year which is why I am refusing to get excited. How mu ch it would mean to me this season not only for my team to win the title but also to turn the tables on the goons.COYFS.

Back