• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

I'm a Chelsea fan but was desperately hoping you guys would clinch 4th over those scumbags.

I want to see the 3rd best player in the world (Bale) in the champions league and I love watching Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele and Holtby aswell. Hopefully top 4 next year is Chelsea, united, bricky and spurs.

Am I the only person who thinks this talk about Arsenal having a big bag of francs to spend is a load of nonsense? They are still well behind Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, Man U, PSG, Monaco and a couple Russki clubs in the dollars and/or prestige stakes. They'll still struggle to sign any genuine world class footballer, and none better than Bale or Sandro.

Am I the only person who thinks this talk about Arsenal having a big bag of francs to spend is a load of nonsense? They are still well behind Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, Man U, PSG, Monaco and a couple Russki clubs in the dollars and/or prestige stakes. They'll still struggle to sign any genuine world class footballer, and none better than Bale or Sandro.

If your talking about them having money, it's not nonsense. They have something like 100m cash reserves lying about.

Their ability to spend it under Wenger though.. I don't think he has adapted well to the big money teams coming in very well at all.

I think its a bit of a red herring myself, they spend 1m a week more than us on wages apparently, i'd understand it if they had comparably better players than us but if they are paying dross like walcott, diaby and koscielny 100k a week...

I'd like to laugh at Arsenal today. The celebrations and giddy happiness they are displaying because they've finished 1 point ahead of us with £100M more in revenue is quite hilarious. If they didn't get gifted the win against Norwich it would be a completely different story too. They are luckier than us and they need that luck to stay ahead.

the talk is they want Begovic, and either Jovetic or Higuain....thats the best part of 35 mill right there

im sure Wenger will buy a couple of 15 mill plus players, but no way will he spend all the 100 mill at his disposal. Plus he is waxing lyrical about his current squad so he wont be making too many changes

I'd like to laugh at Arsenal today. The celebrations and giddy happiness they are displaying because they've finished 1 point ahead of us with £100M more in revenue is quite hilarious. If they didn't get gifted the win against Norwich it would be a completely different story too. They are luckier than us and they need that luck to stay ahead.

defensively they have improved a lot in recent months. add that to the outrageous luck, and thats what weve been up against

Wenger relies a lot of team spirit and dynamic I would say, therefore I don't think it's ever likely he would make massive changes. We can easily stay in touch with them next year. Who do they go for that's going to pull them massively ahead of us? Anything they can do, so can we.

They've had that sort of cash for years. Wouldn't they have used some of it to keep Fabregas? Van Persie? Etc?? Either by paying them more or investing in the squad to show the ambition those players craved?

Without having access to the financials, the cash reserves figure is somewhat meaningless. The only info you get on the clubs finances come from the club itself so of course it is going to be presented in a positive way that gets the fans all excited

I'll be very surprised if they spend net more than 20 M on new players.

Scrap that - 5 mins on google put me in my place re accessing the club accounts.

Still, I maintain the 100M in cash reserves isn't just sitting there idly waiting to be spent on players when Wenger feels like it.

BKt2BvlCEAAgiyl.jpg

Back