• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

I see the biggest gatekeepers of celebrating a win are being slagged for celebrating a win and don’t like it.

Utter tools.

What do you mean, the L'arse players gatekeeping or the fans?

I always find whichever club the celebration police happen to support, it's usually from a place of bitterness. "I'm a miserable clam even when I see my team win, so why shouldn't everyone else be the same?"

I saw Wright posted his thoughts and whilst I'm not huge in to them lot being joyous, it's kind of the point of football to enjoy when you're winning and get carried away with it, I think Ange near enough said the same. Trying to be a joy thief doesn't negatively affect the mood of the club, it probably strengthens it because they see the amount of tinkle it boils.

Like back when we were vibes FC as @milo brilliantly puts it on the pod, sure it's just 3 points early on in the season but why not go a bit nuts to freed from desire and just enjoy it?

Tbc I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with what you've said as I'm not sure I've understood it, and the following details are just my general thoughts on the general topic..

I always find whichever club the celebration police happen to support, it's usually from a place of bitterness. "I'm a miserable clam even when I see my team win, so why shouldn't everyone else be the same?"

I saw Wright posted his thoughts and whilst I'm not huge in to them lot being joyous, it's kind of the point of football to enjoy when you're winning and get carried away with it, I think Ange near enough said the same. Trying to be a joy thief doesn't negatively affect the mood of the club, it probably strengthens it because they see the amount of tinkle it boils.

Like back when we were vibes FC as @milo brilliantly puts it on the pod, sure it's just 3 points early on in the season but why not go a bit nuts to freed from desire and just enjoy it?

Tbc I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with what you've said as I'm not sure I've understood it, and the following details are just my general thoughts on the general topic..
Yeah sod being happy about something that makes you happy.....what a weird concept.

Yeah sod being happy about something that makes you happy.....what a weird concept.

I think you can overreact or over -celebrate following a win. Act like you’ve been there before. Well these Arsenal players haven’t been there before so maybe that’s part of it. I feel like Arteta is sometimes too emotional and that transmits and rubs off on the players.

I think you can overreact or over -celebrate following a win. Act like you’ve been there before. Well these Arsenal players haven’t been there before so maybe that’s part of it. I feel like Arteta is sometimes too emotional and that transmits and rubs off on the players.
If you continually tell players to shrug off any loss as unimportant and only 3 points but tell them that every win is a major breakthrough on their way to the title, eventually even the dim ones (maybe not Ben White) will work out that you're talking brick.

Their fans are the worst for it, I agree with you entirely, I just enjoyed that spotlight being on them and they didn't like it.

Fans and social media will always just be tit for tat but the players being defensive of it was odd, would have just ignored it, a big win is a big win.

They’ve got a run of easy fixtures until they play Emirates Marketing Project at the Etihad at the end of March. Not sure where the dropped points are going to come from.

They’ll find a way, they always do.
I, as well as so many others, was sure that it would happen today but the reality was as far removed from that that it’s possible to be.

Makes me question whether I am massively underrating them. I hope not only because I thought Arsenal were significantly overhyped and over excited after one good season but here we are. I don’t really understand it. I don’t want to understand it. It’s not good.

I, as well as so many others, was sure that it would happen today but the reality was as far removed from that that it’s possible to be.

Makes me question whether I am massively underrating them. I hope not only because I thought Arsenal were significantly overhyped and over excited after one good season but here we are. I don’t really understand it. I don’t want to understand it. It’s not good.

West Ham got tanked by United last week, they are garbage.

Back