• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

I’m amazed that we’re only 7th in the list of ‘Days lost from injuries’ this season. Arsenal are 11th. How the gap can be so small when I barely remember any significant injuries that they’ve had aside from Timber, I don’t know.

We currently have 12 injuries whilst they have 7.

I do think sometimes these tables can be misleading as if reserves that never play are injured then they are counted the same as for key players that are injured.

Teams also lie about them, we all know why one of their CM’s isn’t playing.

I’m amazed that we’re only 7th in the list of ‘Days lost from injuries’ this season. Arsenal are 11th. How the gap can be so small when I barely remember any significant injuries that they’ve had aside from Timber, I don’t know.

We currently have 12 injuries whilst they have 7.

I do think sometimes these tables can be misleading as if reserves that never play are injured then they are counted the same as for key players that are injured.

Like most stats they lack contexts.

Ex-Netherlands winger Marc Overmars' suspension from holding a post in Dutch football has been extended to a global ban by world governing body Fifa.

An independent Dutch sports tribunal banned Overmars for two years - with one year suspended - in November 2023.

The punishment followed his sending a "series of inappropriate messages to several female colleagues" while he was director of football at Ajax.
You can take the boy from arsenal...

Yes, but arsenal probably closer to winning the league or CL right now.

Really? sorry mate, English delusion. When last did Arsenal win a league? oh yes, 20 years ago, must have missed them winning a CL as well?

Barca has won 2 league titles, a Copa del Rey & a Spanish Supercup in the time Arteta has been at Arsenal

Yes they have issues but to think in any world Arsenal are a bigger pull to a non English manager is unreal.

Really? sorry mate, English delusion. When last did Arsenal win a league? oh yes, 20 years ago, must have missed them winning a CL as well?

Barca has won 2 league titles, a Copa del Rey & a Spanish Supercup in the time Arteta has been at Arsenal

Yes they have issues but to think in any world Arsenal are a bigger pull to a non English manager is unreal.

It’s more that Barca are an absolute mess, Madrid have rebuilt and have enough firepower to dominate for a decade irrespective of who else they manage to bring in.

The next two or three managers will bomb there, it’s arguably the worst ever time to take that job.

It’s more that Barca are an absolute mess, Madrid have rebuilt and have enough firepower to dominate for a decade irrespective of who else they manage to bring in.

The next two or three managers will bomb there, it’s arguably the worst ever time to take that job.

Madrid very rarely dominates La Liga year over year (CL is their thing), and even this year they have trailed Girona for most of the season. Madrid also has to replace Modric, Kroos and Benezema still, their rebuild isn't near done.

That disaster version of Barca is 4th, a half functional Barca will win way more leagues/titles over any 3-5 year period than the best version of Arsenal.

I stand by my statement, if Barca come calling for Arteta in summer, zero chance he stays, why would he? if they actually won something could they repeat? if they narrowly miss again after spending £200M, what does it say?

Madrid very rarely dominates La Liga year over year (CL is their thing), and even this year they have trailed Girona for most of the season. Madrid also has to replace Modric, Kroos and Benezema still, their rebuild isn't near done.

That disaster version of Barca is 4th, a half functional Barca will win way more leagues/titles over any 3-5 year period than the best version of Arsenal.

I stand by my statement, if Barca come calling for Arteta in summer, zero chance he stays, why would he? if they actually won something could they repeat? if they narrowly miss again after spending £200M, what does it say?

2nd is a disaster for Barca

Back