• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

The Arsenal mania forum has a thread based upon Ospina being the best reserve keeper in the league. Deluded..much. It’s funny to look at their forum after the result tonight & see their meltdown

Wenger does make some good points, every game comes under the microscope and its the same every time you lose now, fans ready to jump of buildings. And Ex Pros have become personalities on TV now not pundits and talk about stuff forgetting the game they played and how they played the game.

The Hysteria on social media surrounding our game yesterday because it was not falling for us and the same on here when we draw is like nothing I have seen in my time watching football, superstar fans making huge claims about a game they have never played, but havign a personality good or bad and an iphone has changed the dynamic of football.

How can people tweet and watch game like they are the press, its amazing to me

Wenger does make some good points, every game comes under the microscope and its the same every time you lose now, fans ready to jump of buildings. And Ex Pros have become personalities on TV now not pundits and talk about stuff forgetting the game they played and how they played the game.

The Hysteria on social media surrounding our game yesterday because it was not falling for us and the same on here when we draw is like nothing I have seen in my time watching football, superstar fans making huge claims about a game they have never played, but havign a personality good or bad and an iphone has changed the dynamic of football.

How can people tweet and watch game like they are the press, its amazing to me

Lets separate the two ...

- Fans overreact because 100% of games don't turn out 100% of the way they want .. yep, welcome to the fudging internet generation, everyone is a genius with an opinion that must be heard.
- Wenger/Scum criticism, 100% justified, the night before ESPN FC commentators specifically said "would anyone be surprised if Arsenal lost 3-0 or 4-0" and the answer was no.

Arsenal has been in a very slow decline for almost 7 years now, the rate of decline and the fact that they can occasionally turn it on makes people still think they are relevant and allows them (and Wenger) to deny the facts

- This is a club that went from an unbeaten season in the PL and being title contenders every season -> consistent top 4 finishers & CL knockout stage -> hoping to qualify for top 4 -> ? (two years out CL, no cups?)
- Add in their best players continually leave, their promising players stagnate and the side has the same balance issues it had 5 years ago.
- They are now stuck in a odd position, with Wenger they can be best of rest, with the odd cup and potentially get in top 4 once in a while, without him they could reset, but it could be a Pool/Manure trip out top 4 for some time and that could spiral if they pick the wrong next manager or two.

Realistically the criticism that the Scum receive is understated if anything, their fall from grace is spectacular, especially if you look at our rise in same period.

I've waited decades to see it, I'm going to savor the moments for some time to come.

They are going to do a Liverpool and get a good team in a couple of seasons time. They have to much money not to be relevant again. Remember how crap we were under AVB and then 2 seasons later we were flying in the league. Decent manager and they will fly up the league.

They are going to do a Liverpool and get a good team in a couple of seasons time. They have to much money not to be relevant again. Remember how crap we were under AVB and then 2 seasons later we were flying in the league. Decent manager and they will fly up the league.

Their biggest problem is money. Monreal, Wellbeck, Ramsey and Wheelchair are all either up or about to enter their final year. They have re-uped with Mustafi, Xhaka, Bellerin, Chambers, Iwobi, Kolasinch. Cech needs replacing, Ospina is clearly not trusted. They have deep issues to address. I believe they will try and get a Tuchel and go "German" in their scouting and structure. But it will take a while.

Fcuk the GoonerGraph, provider of the most sycophantic coverage of Arsenal anywhere.

Of course, they've hired a former Arsenal fan zine scribbler to write football excuses for them. Sue Mott used to be the sort of Arsenal Agony Aunt that the Guardian's Amy Lawrence now is. But she left to take minutes for the Arsenal Ladies Auxiliary - and organize walkies for the staff's pet corgies - so they've hired this juvenile fcukwit to replace her. I imagine he spends many days wearing black armbands in remembrance of different days.

Hate to stand up for Arsenal, but a lot of teams will be smashed by City. It means nothing.

Their fans are cnuts self entitled cnuts. Wenger was right about financial doping though.

I love watching them suffer, but I will say this -- if I was a gooner (perish the thought) I'd still be loyal to Wenger, because he has done so much for them. To hound him out is b0ll0cks imo, they didn't mind him staying when they were winning league titles and the likes of Madrid were sniffing around.

Yes, he has stayed on too long and should probably go, but surely they should give him a bit more respect. The way they rant and rave, you'd think he had the record of Juande Ramos or someone. It's not like they are gonna get rid of him and do miles better all of a sudden, considering the finances of the Manc Clubs and Chelsea.

Hate to stand up for Arsenal, but a lot of teams will be smashed by City. It means nothing.

Their fans are cnuts self entitled cnuts. Wenger was right about financial doping though.
I have often wondered who has the better footballing model. Financial and managerial stability at Arsenal that means underperformance on the pitch and more money to line the pockets of the likes of Stan kroenke or the high turnover in managers, more money spent on the team and continued success in terms of trophies of Chelsea. For me, as a fan, it would be the latter.

I love watching them suffer, but I will say this -- if I was a gooner (perish the thought) I'd still be loyal to Wenger, because he has done so much for them. To hound him out is b0ll0cks imo, they didn't mind him staying when they were winning league titles and the likes of Madrid were sniffing around.

Yes, he has stayed on too long and should probably go, but surely they should give him a bit more respect. The way they rant and rave, you'd think he had the record of Juande Ramos or someone. It's not like they are gonna get rid of him and do miles better all of a sudden, considering the finances of the Manc Clubs and Chelsea.
At least Ramos could win the League Cup.

It´s about how you get smashed tough. Arsenal showed absolutely no desire or fight in the cup final. There is nothing wrong with losing to a team like City but if you are going down, at least go down fighting.

Back