• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Wenger practising for his new job as a close up magician, watch as I distract you with talk of Aubameyabang, Malcolm and Mykhitarayn and you won't notice we were knocked out of cup in 3rd round by Championship side, lost to Bournemouth for the first time in history and are selling our best player to one of our closest rivals.

Well, the praise for Adam Johnson is a bit off. But of course, he might have had a football brain at that time, however, his real life brain must have gone missing at some point. Or shrinked and moved to that certain location further south.

Not at the time it wasnt, Johnson at that point looked genuinely talented, and certainly more capable than Walcott.

Income per fan per game
Arse £74
Spam £35
Spurs £33
Does that make sense? What is driving this... merchandise or ?

I clicked the link and page 71 has yield per spectator
Arse EUR98
Spam EUR47
Spurs EUR44
Which might be the same info, just different currency and different phrasing. I don't have the time nor inclination to delve deeply. But the blurb says this is from gate receipts and membership costs... how can Arse charge twice what we do, is it corporate? Do Spam sell more corporate than Spurs?

Income per fan per game
Arse £74
Spam £35
Spurs £33

Arse EUR98
Spam EUR47
Spurs EUR44
Which might be the same info, just different currency and different phrasing. I don't have the time nor inclination to delve deeply. But the blurb says this is from gate receipts and membership costs... how can Arse charge twice what we do, is it corporate? Do Spam sell more corporate than Spurs?

Dont forget Wembley tickets have been cheaper but the lowest I saw was £700 so that’s £36 before you buy anything else

Average match day ticket will be around that for upper tier I reckon so I think the results are spurious to say the least

Income per fan per game
Arse £74
Spam £35
Spurs £33

Arse EUR98
Spam EUR47
Spurs EUR44
Yes. More corporate and at higher prices. That will change next season though, as I believe I've read that we will generate about 50% more than Arsenal on corporate seats at new WHL.

Dont forget Wembley tickets have been cheaper but the lowest I saw was £700 so that’s £36 before you buy anything else

Average match day ticket will be around that for upper tier I reckon so I think the results are spurious to say the least
Do Wembley or the ticket processors skim a bit first?

Emmanuel Adebayor has revealed he still "hates" Arsenal nine years after his controversial departure from the club, and insists Arsene Wenger is a "fake" manager when compared to Jose Mourinho.

After being signed by Wenger from Monaco in 2006, Adebayor enjoyed a successful three-and-a-half-season spell with the Gunners before leaving to join Premier League rivals Emirates Marketing Project in 2009.

The 33-year-old striker, who now plays for Turkish Super Lig side Istanbul Basaksehir, insists he had no desire to leave Arsenal at the time and was pushed out by Wenger

Adebayor also branded the Frenchman as "fake" and says he prefers the "honesty" of Mourinho, his former manager at Real Madrid

"Mourinho is the one of the managers I loved and will always love," Adebayor told Turkish television programme Beyond The Game.

"He is one of the [most] honest managers I have met in my career, which is crazy because most of the managers are all kind of fake.

"As an example, I had a meeting with Arsene Wenger in his office when he told me I had to leave because he didn't see my future anymore in Arsenal

"So I didn't have any other choice than joining Emirates Marketing Project, who I was very happy to join.

"And the next day when I joined Emirates Marketing Project I saw him doing a press conference in London saying that I wanted to leave because the money was big and everything and since that day that is where the hate for Arsenal came from."

Adebayor caused controversy during his debut season at Emirates Marketing Project after running the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the Arsenal supporters after scoring against his former side in a 4-2 win at the Etihad.

The Togo international, who was fined £25,000 for the incident, stands by his decision to provoke the Arsenal supporters and insists it was justified

When asked about the incident, Adebayor said: "What was going through my head? A prisoner is out. A prisoner is free.

"I played for the club for three-and-a-half years, you bought me for £3m, I still have five years of my contract and you let me go for £20m more and you are telling me I am the one leaving for money and abusing me.

"I am not taking that so it was just to show them that the person you are insulting still has something in his locker."

Back