• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

I feel sorry for any teams fans who are hurting! Even liverpool on occasions ;)
But the Arsenal hierarchy take the 'biscuit'!(polite version)
They are undoing all the good work they were correct respected for by not moving Wenger upstairs like United did with SAF.
Wenger cut a very sad figure and I never like to see that!

I think moving Wenger upstairs would be a bad idea. He would try to be just as controlling as he is now. They need to sack him at the end of the season. I know he's overseen the most successful period in their history but that shouldn't give you a lifetime pass. Other than SAF, no manager should decide when they choose to move on.

I think moving Wenger upstairs would be a bad idea. He would try to be just as controlling as he is now. They need to sack him at the end of the season. I know he's overseen the most successful period in their history but that shouldn't give you a lifetime pass. Other than SAF, no manager should decide when they choose to move on.

I agree but the Wenger's and SAF 's really get sacked they have to be eeeeeeeeased out. It would be like putting down Bambi.
But they need a new voice and relatively quickly.
But I would not put money on him going soon.

Sacking him doesn't seem proper, he's the greatest employee they have ever had, but they need to remove his influence as soon as possible.

This season is dead, there will be a turbulent period after his exit, they should move on as soon as possible, buy his contract out, offer him retirement, implore him to walk away or take something else (maybe Madrid will be open soon?).

Once something is inevitable delaying it only adds to the pain.

I agree but the Wenger's and SAF 's really get sacked they have to be eeeeeeeeased out. It would be like putting down Bambi.
But they need a new voice and relatively quickly.
But I would not put money on him going soon.

I genuinely believe that SAF would have been under far greater pressure if he had failed to even challenge for the title in such a long time as Wenger has done. Not saying they would have sacked SAF but he would be under far more scrutiny than Wenger.

I genuinely believe that SAF would have been under far greater pressure if he had failed to even challenge for the title in such a long time as Wenger has done. Not saying they would have sacked SAF but he would be under far more scrutiny than Wenger.

United are a totally different animal. Totally reliant on results for finance. No success then no sponsorship/shirt sales then no dividend/"loan repayments" for the owners or whatever they call this year.

Wenger would have gone ten years ago if he was at United.

Sadly (and unsurprisingly) not.

JS118563418_REUTERS_Banner-of-Arsenals-Alexis-Sanchez-in-the-stands-before-the-match-1-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqM37qcIWR9CtrqmiMdQVx7EW3L1IFXRN-W7ix9oVxP-w.jpg

Was a very good effort though. :D

Enjoy it while it lasts, they do look really weak. But they will buy their way out of it.

Suddenly they will buy Zaha and Aubameyang and this and that and Giroud will be fit and they'll have some game changers again.

Just when you think the wicked witch is dead, it springs back to life and bites your face off.
Yep, even though they will still be brick they’ll probably go and win the League Cup and Europa league.

Not sure what the first guy was saying, but I agree with the second guy, it must be really hard to watch the obvious regression in the football club and seemingly no one caring or in complete denial at the top.

It’s great, I love it. Hopefully Wenger stays, but if he doesn’t he’s absolute destroyed that squad, it would take some serious investment to turn it round, there’s a real lack of quality there when Wilsh1re is one of your best players.

Saw this posted somewhere else :

Team inherited by wenger vs team Wenger has left us with at the moment

Seaman vs Cech - Seaman wins
Dixon vs Bellerin - close, I’d give it to Dixon but Bellerin has potential (that is being wasted)
Adams, bould, Keown vs kos, mustafi, Monreal, merry, Chambers, holding - total no contest
Winteburn vs AMN/kolasniac- winterburn
Platt vs xhaka - platt
Parlour vs Wheelchair - arguable either way
Wright vs lacazette - Wright
Bergkmap vs ozil - bergkamp

So 21 years of moulding the side in his image and they're worse than when he arrived!

Back