• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

Was approaching his last year on his contract. I doubt we would be able to match the Chinese wages for a player that would be on the bench.

Was approaching his last year on his contract. I doubt we would be able to match the Chinese wages for a player that would be on the bench.
Read somewhere he's become the 5th highest paid player in the world.
Not sure how much salt to take that with but he'll be receiving a stupendous salary

Easy to mock, how many of us wouldn't do the same thing for the money he is going to get.
And if that's made up, which I'm assuming it is, by a fudging journo of all people, then said journo needs to take a look at himself.

You realise that says BBC Sporf rather than BBC Sport?

It's a deliberately fake site.

Anyone worried that the first team hasn't been strengthened yet, Wanyama and Jansen may help the squad level improve, but both of them aren't going to be first teamers

Anyone worried that the first team hasn't been strengthened yet, Wanyama and Jansen may help the squad level improve, but both of them aren't going to be first teamers

I think you probably miss the point in poch's methods. He will look for our strongest 11 from last season to step up again this year, as they are still young, so we will see improvement from within. What he is doing is buying playing to give us seemless rotation so players can have the needed rest for the high intensity game and have equal quality come in. If and when an obvious improvement of quality comes up and we feel that person will not block someone reaching there full potential, then we will look at signing them.

Just my view of course.

Yes I see what you mean, but I think with the step up in Champs League our first time needs to improve and unless the first team 11 is strengthened we will have a big challenge for 4th again, esp with the likes of Chelsea and Liverpool on one game a week and Man Utd getting stronger

do you not think we need an improvement on Lamela?

Not urgently.

Lamela stepped up his game last year. Would give him the chance to continue to.improve and deliver.

Needs more goals but I have faith these will come rather than splash the cash on a risk

I know he suits Poch's system and works really hard, but he is part of the front three to create and I think his assists and goals need to massively increase this year. We were fortunate that with the Europa we rotated the first team massively nearly all the way through the tournament we wont be able to do that with the Champs League

well unless Dier and Dembele form really drops I cant see Wanyama replacing them and cant see Jansen starting over Kane unless his form drops, not trying to be negative, just think with the champs league and not being able to rest players as much on the wed and then needing them again on the sat will be lots of game time for the strongest 11 which I dont feel has changed from the first 11 that finished last season

Back