• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

You didnt see the RVP link then? He was at their training ground on Tuesday apparently.
Really? No I didn't see that link. I'm not sure he's what they need. I suppose if the fee and wages were reasonable enough a bit of PL experience can't harm things (if he ever gets on the pitch)

Really? No I didn't see that link. I'm not sure he's what they need. I suppose if the fee and wages were reasonable enough a bit of PL experience can't harm things (if he ever gets on the pitch)
The experience of him and Valdes would be good.

Even if he only played 20 games, he'd probably score enough to win 5 of those at least. Make your team hard working with a bit of quality and you'll stay up.

Next season could be difficult for the promoted sides though as there are not many crap team left - even Norwich and Sunderland know how to grind it out. Although they will both struggle.

The experience of him and Valdes would be good.

Even if he only played 20 games, he'd probably score enough to win 5 of those at least. Make your team hard working with a bit of quality and you'll stay up.

Next season could be difficult for the promoted sides though as there are not many crap team left - even Norwich and Sunderland know how to grind it out. Although they will both struggle.

I thought Norwich were relegated?

Darren Lewis ‏@MirrorDarren 3m3 minutes ago
Southampton and Italy striker Graziano Pelle is closing in on a £13million move to China. Player wants the move. More @MirrorFootball

The northern part of China is only place in the world where people won't recognise him from his penalty debacle?

hqdefault.jpg

He's not a CB. He's more of a winger. Ran us ragged a few seasons back coming off the bench for 'pool. He's got pace and dribbling ability. A good singing for Bournemouth. I think Ibe has potential to be a very good player.

Sorry I meant Bonucci.

That is frigging ridiculous, I am all for free market forces etc. etc. but bloody hell, if an agent is getting € 25million (assume Euro) out of a deal, even on a €100m transfer, that is just plain obscene and the football world has gone totally, totally mad.
I am so glad we are not in that spending league. Even if it is to our detriment , I don't want us to ever be in a position where we are spunking money like that.

Exactly what I was thinking as well. Will be interesting to see what happens with the Chinese league - obviously huge amounts of money there but remains to be seen whether players at their peak (and their better halves/kids) will want to move to a place which is culturally very different and not play in the CL. There were some rumours a day or so ago about a Chinese guy wanting to change the CL by forming a break-away, and no doubt a Chinese team or two would be elbowed into it...but even if those plans do start to formulate, you'd imagine that UEFA will tweak the CL in a similar manner given its their prize asset

If I was a player and in danger of missing out on the move I wanted because the club I wanted to move to wouldn't pay the agents fee, I would tell my agent to drop his fee or I'd take my business elsewhere.

The players contract with his agency may mean that a fee will be paid regardless if he leaves them or not.

The players contract with his agency may mean that a fee will be paid regardless if he leaves them or not.
Then I would threaten to refuse the move, serve notice on my agent and tell them I would complete a deal once their ownership over my rights was over.

Agents are supposed to serve the need of the player(s) they represent, not the other way round.

Then I would threaten to refuse the move, serve notice on my agent and tell them I would complete a deal once their ownership over my rights was over.

Agents are supposed to serve the need of the player(s) they represent, not the other way round.

no different from how pimps don't perform but still get paid.

Back