• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

Mourinho bombed him out because he shirks his defensive responsibilities and doesn't really have a big enough work rate. I don't think he would work at all in our high press system that requires every player to play their part.

Agree with that. Great 5-a-side player, but I dont think he'd suit our way of playing

John Richardson ‏@riccosrant 8s9 seconds ago
Confirmation if it was needed of the absurdity of today's transfer market. Paul Pogba likely to be heading back to @ManUtd for £80 million!

The PL is going to be bloody competitive next year. Man U and Man C have signed 3 (?) players each already, Arse have signed someone to fill one of the main gaps in their team (DM) and are meant to be looking for a CF, Cheatski are spending (Batshuayi),.....and hopefully we'll have 3 shiney new players before too long. Liverpool will also be better than last year given Klopp will have a pre-season with his squad

I'm hoping that given our additions will mainly be bench players in our first choice line-up, rather than starters, and given we'll have continuity rather than new manager and system that we'll have an advantage over the other 4 above, but getting top 4 next year will be a battle.

The PL is going to be bloody competitive next year. Man U and Man C have signed 3 (?) players each already, Arse have signed someone to fill one of the main gaps in their team (DM) and are meant to be looking for a CF, Cheatski are spending (Batshuayi),.....and hopefully we'll have 3 shiney new players before too long. Liverpool will also be better than last year given Klopp will have a pre-season with his squad

I'm hoping that given our additions will mainly be bench players in our first choice line-up, rather than starters, and given we'll have continuity rather than new manager and system that we'll have an advantage over the other 4 above, but getting top 4 next year will be a battle.
I need TP for my bunghole....more week end stress tests for me. COYS

I agree with all of this except the bit about bench players... Surely we should aim to sign players better than we have. It's how you progress (except ones for the future)

I want players to be signed who are genuine game changers for us. I mean that in defence as well as attack. Wanyama will play plenty and even if he is a sub can come on and help is shore up games. We need other players that can start with no detriment to the quality of the side or can come on and have genuine impact and change the game

What on earth is the point in paying over inflated prices for players that dont improve the squad immediately or have the potential to over time?

And those that think they are guaranteed a starting place can also only improve with quality players trying to take their place.

The last thing we need to do is sign more Chadlis and Masons just to fill up the bench.

Expensive but the quality of CB's is terrible at the moment.

He's not a CB. He's more of a winger. Ran us ragged a few seasons back coming off the bench for 'pool. He's got pace and dribbling ability. A good singing for Bournemouth. I think Ibe has potential to be a very good player.

Last edited:
Back