• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

Have to agree about Janssen. Looks like a strong player. 27 goals in 34 matches ain't bad!

Afonso Alves 1.154 goals per game.
Mateja Kezman 0.86 goals per game.

Last time the top scorer came from AZ his name was Mounir El Hamdaoui ;)

Afonso Alves 1.154 goals per game.
Mateja Kezman 0.86 goals per game.

Last time the top scorer came from AZ his name was Mounir El Hamdaoui ;)

True. Janssen looks to be and is described like a pretty different player than those guys though. A hard worker and a goalscorer. He definitely looks a bit Kane-esque from the youtube-clips. But alas, hard to judge a guy from youtube reels. If the price tag is correct (12m), I'm sure it'd be worth a punt.

I see that Sebastion Rode has signed for Dortmund, it appears we were interested in signing him but he preferred to stay in BL with a coach he has known since a boy. An other case of a player going where he wants to go. Of course this wont stop the mindless group who accuse the club of doing nothing to sign players as all we have to do is say we are Tottenham and they go weak at the knees. Maybe we could have offered more and paid more wages and got a player who would have been joining us as a second choice and against his real ambition, but these things are un-important.

Not really necessary in a well-drilled system based team. The concept of heroic leadership disappeared most places in the 70s, with football finally catching on in the 00s.

As well-drilled and system-based as we were in the last few games of last season, I think we would do well with a Keano-type out there who will kick the others up the arse and let them know they'll effing regret it if they go missing.

As well-drilled and system-based as we were in the last few games of last season, I think we would do well with a Keano-type out there who will kick the others up the arse and let them know they'll effing regret it if they go missing.

That worked well for Sherwood! The bullying approach (which is what Roy Keane is) doesn't work in the modern age. Not in business, not in football

I see that Sebastion Rode has signed for Dortmund, it appears we were interested in signing him but he preferred to stay in BL with a coach he has known since a boy. An other case of a player going where he wants to go. Of course this wont stop the mindless group who accuse the club of doing nothing to sign players as all we have to do is say we are Tottenham and they go weak at the knees. Maybe we could have offered more and paid more wages and got a player who would have been joining us as a second choice and against his real ambition, but these things are un-important.

Too much sense in that post mate, remember what time of the year it is. ( silly season).

Back