• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

And Robinson. Would have been nice to rotate Archer and Wood though for a pace option.

coming from an Essex perspective I do wonder about Sam Cook and what he could do.
Robinson is quality, not sure how I forgot him !!
Not quick enough is my take on Cook like Porter wasn't

Robinson is quality, not sure how I forgot him !!
Not quick enough is my take on Cook like Porter wasn't
Cook takes bundles od wickets and is apparently being looked at BUT as you say maybe a little lack of top pace does for him. That and playing for an unfashionable county

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Big week in the County Scene, Essex v Surrey, Notts v Lancs, last real stake your claim time

Surrey fortunate today but have had a terrific start as they are top after four matches.

Had a stab at winning but lost their batting order and just about held on for a share of the spoils.

But it is worth noting have played the teams in 2nd, 3rd and 4th, plus Lancs, and only one of those was a home fixture.

So they are the team to beat again.

Ashes in 5 weeks and our premier batsman Root is sat in India in the IPL

he has been there a month and only yesterday made his debut but didn’t bat or bowl

surely he would have been better off here playing County games to get into some form

Surrey fortunate today but have had a terrific start as they are top after four matches.

Had a stab at winning but lost their batting order and just about held on for a share of the spoils.

But it is worth noting have played the teams in 2nd, 3rd and 4th, plus Lancs, and only one of those was a home fixture.

So they are the team to beat again.
Yeh that's one that's got away from Essex

The early season dealing with the weather and number of draws is getting abit of a joke, all to split the season with one day stuff. Ruins the season IMO

Ashes in 5 weeks and our premier batsman Root is sat in India in the IPL

he has been there a month and only yesterday made his debut but didn’t bat or bowl

surely he would have been better off here playing County games to get into some form
Agree, no surprise that Smith and Laba are here doing their but against the bad weather nurdling balls that they will face in the ashes.

A month before the ashes in Aus all their players were facing off in the shield trying to take each others heads off and they came in hot. We just overly protect our players TBH

Yeh that's one that's got away from Essex

The early season dealing with the weather and number of draws is getting abit of a joke, all to split the season with one day stuff. Ruins the season IMO

Yeah there is surely room for two games a month at the minimum. I don’t see why the blast cannot be done over a longer period either- I’ve got a blast ticket and Monday and Tuesday games are difficult to do.

Yeah there is surely room for two games a month at the minimum. I don’t see why the blast cannot be done over a longer period either- I’ve got a blast ticket and Monday and Tuesday games are difficult to do.

Me and my old man went to Essex earlier this year and sat in the clubhouse watching as it was baltic, players wearing snoods and beanies, was mad. To think there will be a couple of months break in peak weather periods its just mad. I would argue you could play one day stuff now as there is less emphasis on the result in the bigger picture and if needed you could add rain days with them to fulfil the fixtures

Agree, no surprise that Smith and Laba are here doing their but against the bad weather nurdling balls that they will face in the ashes.

A month before the ashes in Aus all their players were facing off in the shield trying to take each others heads off and they came in hot. We just overly protect our players TBH

What really annoys me is MCC prep when playing abroad, usually 1 16 man game against local players and a 3 day against select XI, no chance when your first game is on either a fast track or slow turner.

What really annoys me is MCC prep when playing abroad, usually 1 16 man game against local players and a 3 day against select XI, no chance when your first game is on either a fast track or slow turner.

Yeh its laughable really and then there is this snobbery where we bemoan the Aussies playing here for Prep like its illegal when in fact it smart. If I was in control of my own career at England level I would be out in Aus two months before the ashes begging for a shield team to take me on and face their best in their conditions.

Back