• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Foakes offers great resistance in the middle when it gets tricky. Averaging 50 this year.

Back to old boys club with selections here

Last edited:
I think both might play in Ashes, it's a story in the "Torygraph". Bairstow gets warm up game against Ireland and see how openers work out.

I think both might play in Ashes, it's a story in the "Torygraph". Bairstow gets warm up game against Ireland and see how openers work out.
Bairstows interview on sky was pretty sheepish, I think he knows its a preference. Talk is that if Foakes was going to be the Ashes keeper that both would have played in Ireland with one of dead certs having a rest.

IF it turns out that Foakes misses out then it's harsh...

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Bairstows interview on sky was pretty sheepish, I think he knows its a preference. Talk is that if Foakes was going to be the Ashes keeper that both would have played in Ireland with one of dead certs having a rest.

IF it turns out that Foakes misses out then it's harsh...

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

I'd still rather see Bairstow as an opener if either Crawley or Duckett fail rather than sacrifice Brooks.

Buzzing to be there for the 1st 2 days
Not going to get as hammered the night before as I did 4 years ago, that led to me being so hungover and being sick in the ground 3/4 times

It’s just a complete lack of other options to open the batting.

I think I’d have gone down the Bairstow to open route and Foakes with the gloves. That in itself is far from perfect though.

There are some decent bazball style players out there but they seem intent on havign some consistency, I hope its not our failing as currently we seem to be getting everything right

I would have gone the same as you TBH

Problem is playing the series puts Bairstow under a lot of pressure mentally and physically.

Playing him is a gamble with more to lose than to gain.

Crawley really is Jekyll and Hyde player, plays some beautiful shots and wafts at the ball next up, at least he stood still and didn't fall over his front foot today. I would like him to come good.

Back