• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Blue & Yellow ITK Bonanza Thread

Sadly I think we can now expect our transfer activity to be done in this window. This has the classic signs of Mr Levy's Modus Operandi all over it. He has committed £60M of spend with about £22M of income from sales, so £38M net - give or take a couple of £Million. He has agreed (in his own mind) to sell Bale a few weeks ago for about £80m to RM but he'll string it out until the last day when it'll get done. He'll then put the net profit on activity in the Bank and say to himself "what a a wonderful window - fans congratulating me for doing business early, Chadli in as Bale replacement and £42m put in the Bank - lovely!!!".

Bale is gone - classic signs are there - injured so he can't play in any matches and thereby risk a long term injury - not turning up to support the side, generally being disconnected - he's already at RM in his head - Mr Levy has given him a bit of a signal that he'll let him go and he's just waiting for 2nd September to be off.

So very, very sadly I predict another wasted season, scratching around to get 5th again - but Mr L will be happy - it is always about £pounds today - never going that extra bit to give us a real chance of getting 3rd/4th and maintaining it.

Sorry to be so pessimistic - happy for you to tell me I am wrong and to being wrong but I fear I am right.

Yes he leaves lots to the last day, you are right - for instance selling Berbatov on the last day and hardly having a striker available - Frazier Campbell on loan - give me strength! - so that is part of his method but selling very late and not having any time to spend the money is another tactic. Its all terribly depressing - one last big push could do it but this season we can expect Liverpool to rebound - especially when they get Willian - Chelsea and City to be very strong and never, ever write the scum off - that man Wenger has a pact with somebody on the dark side - he always seems to come through to scrape 4th - usually at our expense.

Could be right about Bale going AFTER we spend. But in my water I think he will stay. He is a shy kid. Of course he is a great player who wants to play on a great stage. But he could do that here and still go home to his mum after work.

Sadly I think we can now expect our transfer activity to be done in this window.......

There's so much wrong with this post I have neither the time nor the inclination to address it all, so I'll cut it down to two points:

1) This is in entirely the wrong thread
2) When have Spurs ever kept a large cash surplus or paid out dividends of any kind?

Sadly I think we can now expect our transfer activity to be done in this window. This has the classic signs of Mr Levy's Modus Operandi all over it. He has committed £60M of spend with about £22M of income from sales, so £38M net - give or take a couple of £Million. He has agreed (in his own mind) to sell Bale a few weeks ago for about £80m to RM but he'll string it out until the last day when it'll get done. He'll then put the net profit on activity in the Bank and say to himself "what a a wonderful window - fans congratulating me for doing business early, Chadli in as Bale replacement and £42m put in the Bank - lovely!!!".

Bale is gone - classic signs are there - injured so he can't play in any matches and thereby risk a long term injury - not turning up to support the side, generally being disconnected - he's already at RM in his head - Mr Levy has given him a bit of a signal that he'll let him go and he's just waiting for 2nd September to be off.

So very, very sadly I predict another wasted season, scratching around to get 5th again - but Mr L will be happy - it is always about £pounds today - never going that extra bit to give us a real chance of getting 3rd/4th and maintaining it.

Sorry to be so pessimistic - happy for you to tell me I am wrong and to being wrong but I fear I am right.

disagree with most of that

10 years ago our starting line up was Keller, Tarrico, Gardner, Doherty, Carr, Redknapp, Bunjevcevic, Ricketts, Davies, Postiga and Keane.

Are you saying we haven't progressed under Levy?

10 years ago our starting line up was Keller, Tarrico, Gardner, Doherty, Carr, Redknapp, Bunjevcevic, Ricketts, Davies, Postiga and Keane.

I think he's saying Levy pocketed the fortune we made by selling them all.

And Lewis bought himself a dinghy or something.

At the standard they were playing in 2003, only Stephen Carr would get into the current team. Keane and Redknapp would get in the squad but Redknapp was well past his best at this stage in his career.

I think you've got us confused with Arsenal...

Bad times werent they, ranked down there with 1976/77

I kind of enjoyed that season. Strength in adversity. And the following season was great fun. 50,000 at The Lane v Bolton, getting a kicking from Millwall at Charlton, listening to the radio for news from the Dell.
Now we get to fret abut £20m signings instead. Willian would be an excellent addition.

Back