• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The best Spurs team of the PL era - goalkeeper

Who is the best goalkeeper to play for Spurs in the Premier League?

• Friedel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gomes

• Sullivan

• Walker

• Keller

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yeah he has a few

in that case I reckon the the answer to your question is Bobby Mimms

(He made 37 appearances between 1988–1990) There you see, International quality keepers for the last 26 years, they just keep coming to us, incredible!

surprised at how the voting is going, I think Lloris is a great keeper in modern football, but Thorsvedt was a great one in a golden age of keepers

Some people have very short memories, Thorsvedt was superior to any keeper we've had since, Lloris is second best.

looking at that list, there;s no-one there I dreaded having between the posts unlike a previous era when we had to make do with Milja Aleksic, bobby mimms, barry daines etc. For a short period of time Gomes was unbeatable until that error and it all went pear-shaped but he showed at Watford this year, he still has it in him, just a very fragile temperament

Unfortunately, the temperament is a big part of being a top goalkeeper. I'm glad to see Gomes doing well again, though.

Another aspect is concentration and ability to react alertly when not really involved in the game. A top goalkeeper can have nothing to do for an hour and then needs to be at his best instantly. This is very different from goalkeepers at lesser teams where their shot stopping heroics can be impressive and the occasional mistakes get forgotten among the many saves.

Some people have very short memories, Thorsvedt was superior to any keeper we've had since, Lloris is second best.
It is hard to compare, as Thorsvedt must have played behind some right dross. I can remember seeing him pick the ball out of the net against teams like Cov and Forest, he just seemed pretty average, pretty good... but not particularly wonderful or sought after by other clubs. For me Lloris seems better, but hard to remember well.

It is hard to compare, as Thorsvedt must have played behind some right dross. I can remember seeing him pick the ball out of the net against teams like Cov and Forest, he just seemed pretty average, pretty good... but not particularly wonderful or sought after by other clubs. For me Lloris seems better, but hard to remember well.

Yep and it's all through memory. We don't have the stacks of Sky archives to compare him with Lloris, nor did Lloris have to keep goal behind back fours of the class of Sedgley, Calderwood, Judas and Austin.

I would have loved to have had Brad at Spurs at his peak. With the exception of Schmeichel (senior), I can't think of many goalkeepers who have had a better Premiership career, though he did have the benefit of playing in some teams where he got plenty of practice!

Back