• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The best Spurs team of the PL era - goalkeeper

Who is the best goalkeeper to play for Spurs in the Premier League?

• Friedel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gomes

• Sullivan

• Walker

• Keller

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I usually exclude current players from these selections, but here I think I have to pick Lloris. He is a step above the others. I liked Robbo and Gomes and its a shame it went wrong for them, but it did and effected their record. Gomes might have the most raw talent, but this was overshadowed by the flaws. Lloris can be a greatshot stopper, and reads the game well, plus he is alert when he has seen little action. The latter is something that marks out the best.

Jimmy Walker

828.jpg

Or on second thoughts maybe just Lloris

Lloris easily. Robbo comes second as I can't shake that nasty habit of him getting beat far too easily by 30 yard shots.

Is this the short list? Have I missed anyone?

Thorsvedt
Lloris
Robinson
Friedel
Gomes
Sullivan

Last edited:
Lloris .. no question, good for us, adaptable (played sweeper initially, now stays based on new setup), captain of France, from a club/country level an easy step above anyone else we have had in PL era.

Others like Robbo/Gomes/etc. had likeability, not consistent quality.

Friedel might actually get in my top 3/4 due to the stability/consistency he brought.

I think Robinson is being judged a bit hard by some, he had three great seasons for us and it was only in his last one that he started to wobble.

Lloris for me too. But I always had a soft spot for Brad, he was an outstanding shot-stopper who's only real weakness was his reluctance to come off his line.

Robbo was a favourite in his first few seasons despite his tendency to punch crosses rather than collect them. Also his prodigious goal kicks and clearances more often than not went straight to the opposition's back four or even their goalie and quickly came back at us.

Lloris for me.

Slightly wider question on this subject, who was the last 'first choice' goalkeeper we had who did NOT play at full international level for his country, before or during their time with us?

As someone said earlier, the quality of the goalkeepers we have had in the EPL is exceptional, wonderful, remarkable (exiting Ray Wilkins mode)

Lloris for me.

Slightly wider question on this subject, who was the last 'first choice' goalkeeper we had who did NOT play at full international level for his country, before or during their time with us?

As someone said earlier, the quality of the goalkeepers we have had in the EPL is exceptional, wonderful, remarkable (exiting Ray Wilkins mode)

do you mean at all or regularly?

Gomes springs to mind, Walker was capped equally irregularly.

do you mean at all or regularly?

Gomes springs to mind, Walker was capped equally irregularly.

Actually got a cap for his country, I was not 100% sure on the Octopus but I thought he represented Brazil in at least a friendly either when with PSV or us

Thorstvedt was great in his pomp, but I thought his Spurs career was winding down by the time the Premier League thing happened.

Actually got a cap for his country, I was not 100% sure on the Octopus but I thought he represented Brazil in at least a friendly either when with PSV or us

yeah he has a few

in that case I reckon the the answer to your question is Bobby Mimms

Back