• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The best Spurs team of all time - centre back

Who is going to partner King in the back two for our all time best Spurs team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

milo

Jack L. Jones
A quick recap of what we're doing

Right. The best Spurs team of all time.

We'll have a different thread for each position over the coming weeks. The thread will be open for a while for nominations and the most frequently mentioned players will be going into a poll on the same thread.

The team will line up 4-4-2. Old style.

Anyone who comes into the thread, doesn't read what we're doing and posts their full best team of all time, gets laughed at.

Third and fourth positions up - centre back. We'll take both positions together and have two votes each when the time comes.

Have a chat and come up with but nominations, make a case for who you think is best. A poll will be added when it looks like we have a few players to pick between.

I'll be voting Ledley +1, but some potential options for that Plus One (from my era)...

Mabbutt, Roberts, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Woodgate, Campbell (I know, I know!), Miller, Dawson

Ledley gets one spot. The other one? I think we need some of the older posters to chime in again.

Jennings, Perryman and King are great names to put in this team, all club legends.

Well at least I know one player I've actually seen play will make this team

Have to say if Toby remained here for a few seasons he'd be right up there too.

I can't remember much of Mabutt so I'd probably go for Dawson although on ability should have been Campbell....

My dad says Maurice Norman and Mike England

King and Mabbutt are the best two I've seen since the mid-80s. Dawson 3rd

anthony_gardner129_782867c.jpg

Better than King

EH_Feb_BB_Goran_730.jpg

Serbian Beckenbauer

Vlad+Chiriches+Tottenham+Hotspur+v+Hull+City+bRjXZZcVc6Sl.jpg

Stepping stone to Chelsea (maybe he knew what was going to happen to them?)

27A3367F00000578-3142442-image-m-29_1435521568326.jpg

Future FIFA President

HAS to be Ledley for one, the most talented centre-half I've ever seen for us.
Campbell would be close, Gough was excellent for the short time he was here and Roberts, Dawson, Woodgate were very good.
I'm trying to think of 70's/80's/90's players that stand out but really there aren't many good ones I can think of.
But...for sheer commitment and dedication to the club my second pick would have to be Mabbutt.

King is a shoo-in. Campbell should probably be the other, if people vote honestly. If it wasn't so, there would never have been the level of vitriol.

King +1

Woodgate worth a nod, but for his limited time

No question for me, given another year or two, Toby is on the list.

King is a shoo-in. Campbell should probably be the other, if people vote honestly. If it wasn't so, there would never have been the level of vitriol.

Agreed. Campbell would have defiantly have made the team if it wasn't for a certain action and subsequent ignorance of the ass hole he is. Can only imagine if we'd had him and King more at the same time.

But because Judas is Judad I'd hav to go with King & Woodgate from my life time. When they both played together you'd struggle to find a more solid pairing it was just a shame they were both injury prone as f**k.

I think Gallas deserves an honourable mention also. He'll never make the team and rightly so but he was a pretty good centre back for us particularly in the two games against AC Milan and the 3-2 against the scum.

Gough, Naybet... we had a lot of influential players. We are going for a Spurs Galaticos rather than complimentary team. Jan and Toby look pretty hot at the mo'!

Agreed. Campbell would have defiantly have made the team if it wasn't for a certain action and subsequent ignorance of the ass hole he is. Can only imagine if we'd had him and King more at the same time.

But because Judas is Judad I'd hav to go with King & Woodgate from my life time. When they both played together you'd struggle to find a more solid pairing it was just a shame they were both injury prone as f**k.

I think Gallas deserves an honourable mention also. He'll never make the team and rightly so but he was a pretty good centre back for us particularly in the two games against AC Milan and the 3-2 against the scum.
This. When Judas played for Spurs and England I would arrogantly claim to my mates during every attack "you won't ever beat Campbell" and it was true, the guy was a solid wall, he could not be beaten. He was huge, fast, a great defender. But not at all talented with the ball at his feet, which is a big negative, plus of course the Judas thing and the fact he turns out to be the biggest twit in England, so he is OUT.

Shame Woodgate didn't play enough as he was awesome as well, such a good player.

It's gonna be King and Mabbutt isn't it, let's just cut to the chase here guys.

My dad says Maurice Norman and Mike England

King and Mabbutt are the best two I've seen since the mid-80s. Dawson 3rd

England would be my number one pick he was a giant and he also got pushed forward a couple of times and scored goals for us.

Others who deserve a mention are King, Gough, but considering that in my younger days the set up was different I would pick Mackay as my second.

Back