• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Annual Tottenham Hotspur Striker Search: January 2015 Edition

Right now Chadli is grabbing goals from midfield, but were he to get injured, I'm not sure we have a like for like replacement (maybe Lamela) as Townsend and Lennon both offer something different to Chadli's game. Rodrgiuez would be the closest like for like player we could get in and an excellent option even when Chadli is fit. I think it's fair to say that the change in style between our two teams (midweek and weekend) is mainly due to both sets of midfielders being somewhat different to one another. Rodriguez coming in for either of those two would be a step in the right direction to address this (though perhaps Dembele/Paulinho would be a better choice when talking of players being sold).

Counting the days till the Berbatov threads start popping up again followed by the phrases "Cheeky bid?" and "I would have him back in a heartbeat".

I think the main striker in our teams to be of the type of striker who can dribble and create goals for himself. Note sure who that is but I think I do feel Bony looks a good fit for now.

Right now Chadli is grabbing goals from midfield, but were he to get injured, I'm not sure we have a like for like replacement (maybe Lamela) as Townsend and Lennon both offer something different to Chadli's game. Rodrgiuez would be the closest like for like player we could get in and an excellent option even when Chadli is fit. I think it's fair to say that the change in style between our two teams (midweek and weekend) is mainly due to both sets of midfielders being somewhat different to one another. Rodriguez coming in for either of those two would be a step in the right direction to address this (though perhaps Dembele/Paulinho would be a better choice when talking of players being sold).

Kane would be the perfect replacement for Chadli if he got injured or his form dropped

He's undoubtedly an excellent player but I am not sure how well he would fit into Poch's system.

Well my guess is that he would play as far forward as our play allows and his sole remit would be to score goals, no need for him to drop deep or interchange positions, that's what the three behind him can get up to.

Well my guess is that he would play as far forward as our play allows and his sole remit would be to score goals, no need for him to drop deep or interchange positions, that's what the three behind him can get up to.

That would be a big change from how Poch has used his strikers so far in England. Personally, I cannot see it.

Back