• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The All New Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

I was reading up on those bids and Rudi Voller has said that no concrete bids had actually been made, but more agents trying to make the deal. I guess if we are going to spend that sort of money then it would more likely be for William.

I was reading up on those bids and Rudi Voller has said that no concrete bids had actually been made, but more agents trying to make the deal. I guess if we are going to spend that sort of money then it would more likely be for William.

I would rather have Schurrle then William, but he is out of our league...

Schurrle and Willian are both well out of our league, methinks. Unless we sell Bale for mega-money :(

Sporting's van Wolfswinkel would be a really interesting striker out of left field imo (we were linked in December, though not recently). Not sure if he's "good enough" at this stage, but his agent is very aggressive - he's been hawking him around to United and Chelsea since 2011, and is pushing hard for a move this Jan - but Norwich look to be the only ones showing interest right now (probably to pressure Celtic over Hooper). We're one of the few top clubs still in desperate need of a striker atm, so you'd expect RvW's agent to be getting on our case.

I've only seen a little bit of him in Europe, and was reminded of Huntelaar. Tall, good goalscoring record, might not be the fastest or strongest. But considering our long standing interest in Huntelaar, Norwich being the only PL club showing interest after Saudi Sportswashing Machine's dropped out, and RvW's fluency in Portuguese, he might fit our profile more than most.

I've really liked the look of him when I've seen him. Looks fairly adept at bringing others in to the game. Great name as well.

Of the strikers we have been linked to I think the best we can realistically hope for is Negredo, or maybe Leandro if the planets align.

I was watching Negredo play the other night and to me he is very much a finisher and not much else. He's not at all similar in style to Ade or Defoe in that all he basically does is hang around the penalty spot and tucks in the chances given to him. From what I saw he appears to be more of a blunt instrument than a surgeons scalpel. He didn't run the channels or come deep or any of that brick, but he did score with a bullet header. I'm wondering if this isn't exactly what we need given the high number of chances we create. I'd like to see him a little bit more to make my mind up on him fully but he looks decent enough. And he's for sale apparently.

Of the strikers we have been linked to I think the best we can realistically hope for is Negredo, or maybe Leandro if the planets align.

I was watching Negredo play the other night and to me he is very much a finisher and not much else. He's not at all similar in style to Ade or Defoe in that all he basically does is hang around the penalty spot and tucks in the chances given to him. From what I saw he appears to be more of a blunt instrument than a surgeons scalpel. He didn't run the channels or come deep or any of that brick, but he did score with a bullet header. I'm wondering if this isn't exactly what we need given the high number of chances we create. I'd like to see him a little bit more to make my mind up on him fully but he looks decent enough. And he's for sale apparently.

Interesting you posted this. Was going to ask what people thought about Negredo. Is he a better finisher then Defoe?

That is exactly my opinion of him as well, although I don't watch la liga regularly. If I were to compare him with another player it would be Morientes, lethal in the box but doesn't participate much in build up play. Think he's the best striker we can hope for this window, but I'd almost prefer we'd save the money and go for a top class striker this summer.

That is exactly my opinion of him as well, although I don't watch la liga regularly. If I were to compare him with another player it would be Morientes, lethal in the box but doesn't participate much in build up play. Think he's the best striker we can hope for this window, but I'd almost prefer we'd save the money and go for a top class striker this summer.

I think he's a bit like Giroud, of the current crop, but with goals.

Interesting you posted this. Was going to ask what people thought about Negredo. Is he a better finisher then Defoe?

That's a good question and one I can't answer it I'm afraid having not seen enough of Negredo to form an opinion. Defoe does go on streaks of scoring and not scoring (like now) so Negredo really is a different option, a different type of player that we could introduce to change a game. A trio of Defoe, Ade and Negredo looks good on paper and with Dempsey as a deeper lying forward that should be enough firepower to shoot us into 4th I think.

Edit: Negredo looks to close to 1 goal in 2 matches according to his stats.

That would possibly drive the scousers over the edge again..

No can find trace of on sky sports website..

Last edited:
Liverpool have met Inter's asking price, not seen anything about us apart from that RAWK WUM.

So its all gonad*s about us bidding for Coutinho? Liverpool are going to get a very good prospect.

Back