• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The All New Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

What do people think of Viktor Fischer?

As I've said all along he will outshine Christian Eriksen as the most promising danish player although they play different roles. Very impressed that he's already starting to prove himself this season for Ajax. He will go on to be a fantastic player but Ajax wont sell until he has attracted more attention from the biggest clubs.

As I've said all along he will outshine Christian Eriksen as the most promising danish player although they play different roles. Very impressed that he's already starting to prove himself this season for Ajax. He will go on to be a fantastic player but Ajax wont sell until he has attracted more attention from the biggest clubs.

I watched him on the weekend and he was awesome. He's 18 and he dominated! About 5 goals in 9 games this season for Ajax too. Looks a right prospect

We were pretty odds on to sign Sneijder though to be fair and favourites to sign Llorente earlier in the window I believe :lol:

JANUARY SHOPPING BILL

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has spent less than £10million in the last three January transfer windows, but might need to splash out this year to cement the club’s place in the top four.

2012 - £0

R Nelsen (free); L Saha (free)

2011 - £4.5m

S Pienaar (£3m); B Khumalo (£1.5m)

2010 - £5m

Y Kaboul (£5m); E Gudjohnsen (loan)

2009 - £42m

R Keane (£12m); C Cudicini (free); P Chimbonda (£3m); W Palacios (£12m); J Defoe (£15m)

2008 - £17.9m

Gilberto (£1.9m); A Hutton (£8m); J Woodgate (£8m)

2007 - £4.5m

B Alnwick (£1m); R Rocha (£3.5)

2006 - £5m

H Ghaly (£3m); D Murphy (£2m)

Damn, 2010 was superb.

Gudjohnsen was the sort of player we needed and provided us with such stability when he came on, usually in midfield. Great at keeping possession and he scored a cracking goal against Stoke with that natural viking strength.

and of course we brought Kaboom back, who ended up having a good end to the season at right back, setting up our winning goal that got us Champions League football in the end!!

Damn, 2010 was superb.

Gudjohnsen was the sort of player we needed and provided us with such stability when he came on, usually in midfield. Great at keeping possession and he scored a cracking goal against Stoke with that natural viking strength.

and of course we brought Kaboom back, who ended up having a good end to the season at right back, setting up our winning goal that got us Champions League football in the end!!

2007 was better :-"

Blimey. *shudders* Gilberto & Rocha.

We've bought some real brick in the past haven't we? I'd already managed to forget about those two until you reminded me.

Thanks.

Blimey. *shudders* Gilberto & Rocha.

We've bought some real brick in the past haven't we? I'd already managed to forget about those two until you reminded me.

Thanks.

It took me 10 minutes of watching Rocha to realize he was not good enough for this club. In fairness to others, I was 9 minutes too slow...

Greg Stobart (@gstobart)

#THFC have decided against a move for Yann M'Vila so looks like it's between Rubin Kazan & QPR for midfielder. Expect him to go to Russia.

Rennes admit Yann M'Vila looks to have played last game for club

By Graeme Bailey - Tweet me: @graemebailey

Last Updated: January 21, 2013 11:49am

Yann M'Vila looks to have played his last game for Rennes, the club have admitted.

A host of clubs including Queens Park Rangers, Fulham, Reading and Tottenham are understood to be keen on luring the French international to the Premier League.

However, Russian outfit Zenit St Petersburg and Rubin Kazan are also keen with the latter believed to be favourites for his signature.

After playing in the win over Bastia, the club's general manager Pierre Dreossi was asked about M'Vila's future.

He would not reveal where his likely destination was, but admitted he was unlikely to play for them again.

"There is a good chance that this is the last game Yann M'Vila will have played for Rennes," he said.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-Vila-looks-to-have-played-last-game-for-club

Rennes have accepted a £9.6m offer from Russian club Rubin Kazan for Yann M'Vila, but the France midfielder favours a move to England.

QPR and another unnamed Premier League side have made bids that could rise to £6.6m, while Fulham have indicated they would pay £5.8m.

Rubin have offered M'Vila a four-year deal worth £3.75m a year after tax.

The situation is complicated by M'Vila's ban from international football by his national association.

An unauthorised night out while on France Under-21 duty saw him suspended from all national teams until June 2014.

If M'Vila, 22, can persuade the France Football Federation (FFF) to reduce his punishment - he hopes to find out by this weekend - he will look to boost his international hopes by pushing for a move to England or staying at Rennes, where he is under contract until 2015.

But if the FFF maintains its stance, he may agree a lucrative move to Russia and attempt to reignite his international career once the ban is lifted.

QPR were confident of recruiting M'Vila with a £6.2m offer that would rise by around £400,000 if they avoid relegation, but M'Vila was undecided on signing for the Premier League's bottom team.

He would prefer to join the unnamed club, who would pay £3.3m up front and a further £3m, or £3.3m, at the end of the season.

The English sides are suggesting a salary of around £3m a year, although an issue is Britain's 50% tax rate, which compares unfavourably to most other countries in Europe.

Fulham registered an interest in M'Vila, who has won 22 caps for France, with Rennes in December, but no formal bid has been submitted.

The French outfit's asking price last summer was almost £17m and they reportedly rejected a £28m bid from an English club a year ago.

However, a series of off-field problems have seen M'Vila's stock fall and Rennes want to offload him before the January transfer window closes.

He has made 16 league appearances this season and has helped Rennes to the French League Cup final.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21143027

Given a straight choice between Mouthino or Llorente who would you choose?

Llorente for me. We desperately need someone who can score goals. We have enough CMs (even with Sandro injured) at the moment.

Llorente for me. We desperately need someone who can score goals. We have enough CMs (even with Sandro injured) at the moment.

I'd have to agree. You can have all the creativity in the world in midfield, but if your strikers can't hit a barn door then you'll struggle to win games.

If someone like Llorente did join, then what would that mean for Adebayor and his wages, I can't see us paying both high wages.

Pretty irrelevant question as we're not going to be spending £20m on a player in this window and Llorente is on hi was to Juve. Personally though I think CF though is the no 1 priority, or if not an out and out CF then a versatile attacker who can play just off the front man or out wide

Pretty irrelevant question as we're not going to be spending £20m on a player in this window and Llorente is on hi was to Juve. Personally though I think CF though is the no 1 priority, or if not an out and out CF then a versatile attacker who can play just off the front man or out wide

Both similar sorts of money and wages. So, although I agree it is entirely hypothetical, it goes to the heart of the matter of what we need now. As you say, and I agree, a striker is the higher order of priority.

I do though think we should spend £20m plus now on a top striker. I believe that although it is a slight gamble, it would make the difference between CL and no CL. In that context, £20m is not an outrageous sum. I firmly believe that if we had invested that in a top striker in both of the last two years january windows, we would have secured CL in both those years. If you look at the opportunity cost involved, we are financially much worse off. Go for it Daniel, and go for it NOW.

When we get CL it will be much easier to make top signings AND keep the likes of Bale, Dembele, Sandro, Kaboul, Lloris, Verts etc

Back