• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

We need two top quality strikers. One target man and one proper proper goalscorer. I guess it all depends on formations etc

No, it's just me as well!!! He's probably the ONLY one of the (too many) Spurs players to have left 'prematurely' that I would forgive and forget everything and welcome back... I KNOW he went on strike... I KNOW he sulked throughout the entire pre-season... but fudge me, Dimitar Berbatov & Van der Vaart just behind... with a rejuvenated Modric deciding to stay and supply the killer passes to Dimi... come on, who wouldn't want a piece of THAT pie?

THIS! End of!

Clever to buy a player who is out for another 7-8 months.

I know he is injured and might never come back the same player, hence it is a gamble but one that might pay off in the run in next year. We probably don't even have to register him in the squad until January. This guy was worth about €35mil not that long ago but considering the situation could be picked up on the cheap.

We need two top quality strikers. One target man and one proper proper goalscorer. I guess it all depends on formations etc

AVB plays 4-3-3, so if anything we need two #9s and a wide right forward e.g.:

--------------Ade
-----------(Leandro)
Bale-----------------------Remy/Sturridge
(Townsend)----------------(Lennon)

-------Rafa----------Moutinho
------(Sig)-----------(Hudd)
------------Sandro
------------(Parker)

Absolutely terrible.

Deservedly spent his career down the pecking order behind the likes of RSC, Barrios and Valdez.

Well the good news is that (looking at what's breaking in the rumour thread) my mate had the wrong end of the stick in what he just sent me.

--------------Ade
-----------(Leandro)

------------Sandro
------------(Parker)

Well in that case we got alot of work to do to bring in three forwards and a midfielder to replace luka. A lot of work n money obviously aided by the Modric sale

--------------Ade
-----------(Leandro)

------------Sandro
------------(Parker)

Maybe I'm stupid but push rafa forward ever so slightly and that's a 4231? Isn't that what we played last season? Do people honestly think avb will look at last seasons success playing how we did and still say fudge this we're playing 433? How can anyone say bale is a wide forward? Really baffles me some the brick wrote on here

Well in that case we got alot of work to do to bring in three forwards and a midfielder to replace luka. A lot of work n money obviously aided by the Modric sale

Indeed. The two #9s and a Modric replacement are crucial. I think we might make do with one of Lennon, Rafa or Sig as the wide right player until at least Jan though.

Maybe I'm stupid but push rafa forward ever so slightly and that's a 4231? Isn't that what we played last season? Do people honestly think avb will look at last seasons success playing how we did and still say fudge this we're playing 433? How can anyone say bale is a wide forward? Really baffles me some the brick wrote on here

AVB's an ideolog. He'll play his system and play players who can fit into it; not create a system around what he has.

AVB's 4-3-3 at Porto was a bit lopsided tbh - Varela was more a winger, whilst Hulk was a proper inside forward.

Do we have the money to go out and sign a number 9 and two wing forwards then cos at the moment we have none of them

Do we have the money to go out and sign a number 9 and two wing forwards then cos at the moment we have none of them

Ade will be cheap as he's in the last year of his contract now (the rumour of our option on him was £8m).

Most of our spending this summer will be funded by Modric's sale. We should also have the Krancjar, Corluka, Pav, Crouch and Palacios money still in the bank (c.£40m+).

--------------Ade
-----------(Leandro)

------------Sandro
------------(Parker)

VDV central midfield in that formation? Dear GHod no.

Ade will be cheap as he's in the last year of his contract now (the rumour of our option on him was £8m).

Most of our spending this summer will be funded by Modric's sale. We should also have the Krancjar, Corluka, Pav, Crouch and Palacios money still in the bank (c.£40m+).

He has 2 years left.
He will not be cheap really as he has no resale value and huge wages in comparison to the the likes of Leandro.

Back