• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

Ive seen a lot of him and he is a very good player, plays like Kane too and I am thinking of slotting in and out if needed.

He is also a work horse

I just hope we sign someone soon, not just any one but Kane looked like he needed a rest in the last 20 minutes at Goodison and there are a lot of games coming up. I understand selling clubs fell they can get more by holding on till late in the window, but my preference would be for Sandro or Dembele, both unproven in the Premiership but neither would expect to start every game. I do like Afobe at Wolves and was bigging him up to my son, but he looked very ordinary in the match on the tv last week, and I couldn't care less if he played for or supported Woolwich

I just hope we sign someone soon, not just any one but Kane looked like he needed a rest in the last 20 minutes at Goodison and there are a lot of games coming up. I understand selling clubs fell they can get more by holding on till late in the window, but my preference would be for Sandro or Dembele, both unproven in the Premiership but neither would expect to start every game. I do like Afobe at Wolves and was bigging him up to my son, but he looked very ordinary in the match on the tv last week, and I couldn't care less if he played for or supported Woolwich
I am with you re: Kane looking tired towards the end of that game. We had a number of good breaks on in those last 10 minutes or so but unfortunately Kane looked spent at that time. That combined with Son seeming to be unable to control passes into him led to some good positions being wasted.

I agree about Long and would have signed him when he was at Reading, but feel too many of our fans want a bigger name, hopefully they will see names don't always get results, plus I can't see Southampton letting him go to us particularly if Mane gets sold.

As do I but he is struggling with the extra attention defenders are paying him this season, which goes to show the risks of buying a player on one good season, but if he can find a way to continue his development then the is a real player in there.

As do I but he is struggling with the extra attention defenders are paying him this season, which goes to show the risks of buying a player on one good season, but if he can find a way to continue his development then the is a real player in there.
I think I also read something no here that stated that his manager at Wolves had questioned his work rate on the pitch.

I think Afobe is a good goalscoring prospect but I do find it quite interesting that there are some who would be happy for us to sign Afobe but wouldn't want us to sign Charlie Austin. Despite the fact that Austin would be cheaper, Austin has scored more goals than Afobe, Austin has scored goals more consistently than Afobe, Austin has got them at a higher level than Afobe, Austin works harder on the pitch than Afobe, Austin is more physically imposing than Afobe and Austin is a more similar player to Harry Kane than Afobe is.

Last edited:
The problem you have with the likes of Afobe, in his defence is that the lack of quality around him does him no favours and if he isn't winning games on his own he might be labelled lazy, when in fact he is being marked out of games and no other player is getting the attention of the defence.

Mark him out the game and you have Wolves number....

The problem you have with the likes of Afobe, in his defence is that the lack of quality around him does him no favours and if he isn't winning games on his own he might be labelled lazy, when in fact he is being marked out of games and no other player is getting the attention of the defence.

Mark him out the game and you have Wolves number....
Surely you could say the same about Austin at QPR? (and yet he is never labelled as lazy)

Back