• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

Gomis at Swansea could do a good back up job for 6 months at least imho.

I rarely, if ever, claim to be able to predict the future with any degree of certainty.

Gomis not being able to keep up his early form this season is perhaps one of the few exceptions. It really was one of the most predictable drops in form I can remember.

So distinctly average... Doesn't seem a great fit in a pressing side. Doesn't seem a good impact player. Would rather sign Crouch.

I rarely, if ever, claim to be able to predict the future with any degree of certainty.

Gomis not being able to keep up his early form this season is perhaps one of the few exceptions. It really was one of the most predictable drops in form I can remember.

So distinctly average... Doesn't seem a great fit in a pressing side. Doesn't seem a good impact player. Would rather sign Crouch.
I did think of Crouch as an option for 6 months, but at 34 he's getting on a bit.

I agree with all of that except the last bit, I hated watching Crouch while he was here.

Are things that bad we need to consider Crouch again? He is a hoof magnet and I can't really see him helping with the press on the opposition back line for reasons I don't need to explain.

Are things that bad we need to consider Crouch again? He is a hoof magnet and I can't really see him helping with the press on the opposition back line for reasons I don't need to explain.
Bet Toby could hit him with one of his long range pings though!

Imagine how many free kicks he'd give away in a pressing team :eek:

As a kid he was a very skillful player but lacked strength. I think most of the teams he joined when he left us just looked at his height and lumped balls up to him which changes his game. He had a very good goal scoring ratio for England virtually 1 in 2

To be clear I do not want us to sign Crouch :) Just making a point about Gomis...

Crouch oh no

Gomis oh no

Negredo oh yes

Zaza oh yes

Domenico Berardi yes please

Zaza seems like one that could be doable if we want someone proven in a decent league that's neither too young or too old with a physical presence. If he's a good fit for us and good enough I don't know...

Back