• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

who impressed you?

McEvoy was useful (..there's only 2 Gareth Bales..)

Coulthirst, the number 2 (no idea what his name is) caught my eye. Our keeper was a bit average on the day.

The scoreline was a bit flattering on Bolton. 2-3 at H-T then they scored a couple of quick goals & Spurs chased the game & got done on the break a few times.

McEvoy was useful (..there's only 2 Gareth Bales..)

Coulthirst, the number 2 (no idea what his name is) caught my eye. Our keeper was a bit average on the day.

The scoreline was a bit flattering on Bolton. 2-3 at H-T then they scored a couple of quick goals & Spurs chased the game & got done on the break a few times.

Probably was Alexander McQueen.

Coulibaly come off the bench yesterday for Grossetto.

About eff-ing time to! Was starting to wonder what the point of loaning out Mason, Coulibaly and Falque to these teams was if they're not getting match time. Would be better off loaning them out to a team in a lower division, whether at home or abroad

Gomelt has not been involved in Espanyol B's match day squads for the two games they've had so far. Apparently there's a clause for him to stay there next season, according to some of their fans.

Gomelt has not been involved in Espanyol B's match day squads for the two games they've had so far. Apparently there's a clause for him to stay there next season, according to some of their fans.

Does not sound like we have plans for him then if we are prepared to lose him for 18 months.

Bostock named in starting xi for San Jose against Portland. Will be interesting how he does and if he gets a loan out there, as seems to have worked for Simon Dawkins.

Tottenham loanee Heurelho Gomes is having an eventful time of it in the Bundesliga. Here's the latest...

Brazilian shotstopper Heurelho Gomes is real mixed-bag of a goalkeeper. He makes stunning saves and jaw-dropping errors.

Eventually Tottenham got fed up with him and consigned him to the reserves, finally sending him out on loan to Hoffenheim in January.

The 34-year-old has made a big impression already, replacing club captain Tim Wiese in goal who had been dropped because of his own poor form.

There has as a result been extra attention on Gomes, and after helping Hoffenheim to a win on his debut, he has taken part in consecutive defeats.

And there's a common theme emerging; early goals.

In Gomes's three games for Hoffenheim, it goes like this;

First game: concede in the fourth minute. Second game: concede in the eighth minute. Third game: concede in the third minute.

Against Stuttgart at the weekend he came and flapped at a cross, leaving Martin Harnik with an empty goal to head into, and it was enough to win the game as Hoffenheim lost the home encounter 1-0.

Ahead of his weekend performance, Gomes admitted he was relieved to finally be playing again, and pleased with his form bearing in mind the last minute nature of the loan deal.

He told Goal Bundesliga: "Given the circumstances surrounding my move to Hoffenheim, I am quite satisfied with my performances. I didn't really have much time to think about it (the move) What helped was that I'd spoken to Gylfi Sigurdsson, a former Hoffenheim player at Tottenham, about the club before. The discussions with Hoffenheim’s representatives went well. They seemed to have faith in my ability."

His record is just four goals conceded in three games, and he will want Hoffenheim to keep the faith, but they are locked adrift in a relegation battle.

They in the relegation zone are 16th on 16 points, 10 below 15th placed Wolfsburg. They are just one point ahead of 17th placed Ausburg. But it matter who finishes 16th. The team which does gets a reprieve in a two-legged play-off against a team who has 'earned' promotion, for the right to play in the Bundesliga next season.

If Gomes can cut out conceding early goals, Hoffenheim will stand a far better chance of achieving just that.

for a team in the relegation places, conceding 4 goals in 3 games isnt bad at all. Hoffenheim's problem all season has been that they cannot score goals

Tottenham loanee Heurelho Gomes is having an eventful time of it in the Bundesliga. Here's the latest...

Brazilian shotstopper Heurelho Gomes is real mixed-bag of a goalkeeper. He makes stunning saves and jaw-dropping errors.

Eventually Tottenham got fed up with him and consigned him to the reserves, finally sending him out on loan to Hoffenheim in January.

The 34-year-old has made a big impression already, replacing club captain Tim Wiese in goal who had been dropped because of his own poor form.

There has as a result been extra attention on Gomes, and after helping Hoffenheim to a win on his debut, he has taken part in consecutive defeats.

And there's a common theme emerging; early goals.

In Gomes's three games for Hoffenheim, it goes like this;

First game: concede in the fourth minute. Second game: concede in the eighth minute. Third game: concede in the third minute.

Against Stuttgart at the weekend he came and flapped at a cross, leaving Martin Harnik with an empty goal to head into, and it was enough to win the game as Hoffenheim lost the home encounter 1-0.

Ahead of his weekend performance, Gomes admitted he was relieved to finally be playing again, and pleased with his form bearing in mind the last minute nature of the loan deal.

He told Goal Bundesliga: "Given the circumstances surrounding my move to Hoffenheim, I am quite satisfied with my performances. I didn't really have much time to think about it (the move) What helped was that I'd spoken to Gylfi Sigurdsson, a former Hoffenheim player at Tottenham, about the club before. The discussions with Hoffenheim’s representatives went well. They seemed to have faith in my ability."

His record is just four goals conceded in three games, and he will want Hoffenheim to keep the faith, but they are locked adrift in a relegation battle.

They in the relegation zone are 16th on 16 points, 10 below 15th placed Wolfsburg. They are just one point ahead of 17th placed Ausburg. But it matter who finishes 16th. The team which does gets a reprieve in a two-legged play-off against a team who has 'earned' promotion, for the right to play in the Bundesliga next season.

If Gomes can cut out conceding early goals, Hoffenheim will stand a far better chance of achieving just that.

I'm sorry but whoever wrote that is talking gonad*s.

The player who crossed the ball was bearing down on goal. Gomes HAD to be at his near post in order to prevent the guy from having a free shot at goal.

When the player didn't shoot but, instead, blasted the ball across the six yard box, Gomes had to dive out in an attempt to intercept it. He didn't manage to do so and therefore the Stuttgart player at the far post scored. But there was nothing else that Gomes could have done. The defenders in front of him are the ones who have to take the blame.

SPURS LOAN WATCH:

A1781_zps8d85071a.jpg

David Bentley had a debut to remember for Blackburn in the FA Cup after joining his former club on loan until the end of the season.

The midfielder's first appearance was against Arsenal as Championship side Rovers caused the shock of the fifth round at the Emirates on Saturday.

David entered the fray at 0-0 with 62 minutes on the clock and 10 minutes later, Colin Kazim Richards struck the only goal of the game.

David may now come face-to-face with Spurs team-mate Adam Smith for a place at Wembley in the semi-finals.

Adam came on as a late substitute as Millwall beat Luton Town 3-0 in Saturday's early kick-off and the Lions now host Rovers in the quarter-finals.

Jordan Archer started as Wycombe lost 1-0 at Bristol Rovers in League Two.

Heurelho Gomes made a number of fine saves to no avail as Hoffenheim suffered a 1-0 defeat at home to Stuttgart in the Bundesliga.

Iago Falque played 90 minutes as Almeria drew 2-2 against Guadalajara in Spain's Segunda Division. Almeria stay second, but are 12 points adrift of Elche.

In Italy, Souleymane Coulibaly came on in the 61st minute as Grosseto scored a last-minute equaliser in a 2-2 draw against Lanciano in Serie B.

Bongani Khumalo came off the bench at the start of the second half as PAOK draw 0-0 against AEK in the Greek Super League. PAOK slip to third and are 17 points behind leaders Olympiacos.

The U19 NextGen Series Knock-out Phase starts tonight with Ajax hosting Aston Villa at De Toekomst (KO 19:00).

Spurs are in action tomorrow night when we travel to Paris St. Germain (KO 17:00).

The Round of 16 matches are decided on the night with extra time and penalties if needed.

A reminder that Tottenham Hotspur U21s play Arsenal at Hotspur Way, Enfield on Saturday 23rd February, KO 12:00.

The public are allowed access to these matches, so it may be well worth paying the lads a visit.

Spurs are currently top of the Elite Group with 13 points from 5 matches with Arsenal in 7th place in the 8-team group on 2 points from their 3 games played so far.

Villa 2-1 up at Ajax with 75 mins played.

FT: Ajax 1-2 Villa.

Aston Villa progress to the Quarter Finals.

Last edited:
Back