• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

That happens when you go 18 months without buying anyone. There's a reason it's never been done before, and will likely never, ever happen again absent bankruptcy or a transfer ban.

Nothing to be done about it now, but we need to learn lessons from that farce that I fear we're not learning.

Yep, is going to take a few years to get back up to speed.

Yes he could play there but he doesn't really have the game to play as a RWF from what I've seen, he very much looks like a central player put out wide because he has a left foot.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk
What I saw in that sheff United fans was a real footballer and one that can play in tight spaces
What I didn’t see was a DM as people would call them
Him with Ndom would get goals and create
Stick them in front of a proper DM and I believe there is a real opportunity

Jose won't play this as it then means Dele is moved from his favoured behind Kane position. In theory Winks, Lo Celso and Ndombele behind Kane, Son and Moura works on paper but it's not a shape I can see Jose playing as long as Dele is fit.

You could drop Moura, but then we still lack a presence on the right hand side unless Lo Celso drifts over to that side...[emoji848]

That was always the question in the summer, where/how do all our players fit?

And people were still calling for Fernandes as well, its just too many IMO.

I think above all, Jose is not a believer, he doesnt have an over riding faith in any one single way - I think if he has a belief system its simply "whatever works".

In which case I could absolutely see him pushing Alli to the left. Just as he has been playing Sissoko CM after explicitly saying its not his position.

Lo Celso, to me, looked very capable of playing as a Lamela like right forward. So I could see him used there, but like Bedford Id be more inclined to use him with NDombele in midfield. But then what of Alli when Son is back? ... and around we go again...

The squad is such these decisions will simply have to be made regularly.

That was always the question in the summer, where/how do all our players fit?

And people were still calling for Fernandes as well, its just too many IMO.

I think above all, Jose is not a believer, he doesnt have an over riding faith in any one single way - I think if he has a belief system its simply "whatever works".

In which case I could absolutely see him pushing Alli to the left. Just as he has been playing Sissoko CM after explicitly saying its not his position.

Lo Celso, to me, looked very capable of playing as a Lamela like right forward. So I could see him used there, but like Bedford Id be more inclined to use him with NDombele in midfield. But then what of Alli when Son is back? ... and around we go again...

The squad is such these decisions will simply have to be made regularly.
Hmm I dunno I think Jose has been pretty wedded to his 4231 throughout his career. I can't think of many instances where he went with a different shape for an extended period. That of course does not mean that he can't or won't, o
I just feel it seems unlikely especially with how well Dele has taken to his leadership.

I remember we discussed in the summer the seeming lack of clarity regarding where the new signings were supposed to fit and even the attempts at getting Dybala confused things even more.

Sadly we never even saw an inkling of what Poch intended and now we have a new coach who isn't completely dissimilar but does have some different ideas. The squad is a bit of mess in my eyes caught between what Poch use to do and whatever his plan for the future was.

It's a shame because I like the players we brought in this summer, but it almost feels like we bought quality players without really knowing how we intended on using them.

Hes played 433 a lot as well. Offensive/defensive/counter attacking variations. Strikers as wingers. Midfielders/fullbacks as defensive wingers...

There is a lot of variety in how he sets teams up, with the only real consistent factor being whatever it takes to get the best from the group.

Hes played 433 a lot as well. Offensive/defensive/counter attacking variations. Strikers as wingers. Midfielders/fullbacks as defensive wingers...

There is a lot of variety in how he sets teams up, with the only real consistent factor being whatever it takes to get the best from the group.
Well 4231 and 433 are essentially the same system just the differentiator being the composition of the midfield and their attributes and maybe the attributes of your forward line. I accept though you might see it differently. I do think Jose has mainly been aligned to 4231 as a choice imo. But I accept I may be wrong and be forgetting about specific teams. Hopefully you're correct and he tries out some variations of what we've had so far as experimentation especially at this early stage would be very forgivable.

Well the talk of Soumare has escalated again... not sure if he is a £50m player but who knows nowadays
IMO he is certainly a £50M player and in a couple of years time that would look like a bargain. Him and Ndombele at the base of midfield would be incredible. Both would need a bit of coaching of positional awareness to stay a little deeper when the other was attacking but they have all of the attributes to enable us to dominate any game that we play.

IMO he is certainly a £50M player and in a couple of years time that would look like a bargain. Him and Ndombele at the base of midfield would be incredible. Both would need a bit of coaching of positional awareness to stay a little deeper when the other was attacking but they have all of the attributes to enable us to dominate any game that we play.
I like the cut of your jib young man, he sounds like exactly the sort of player we require.

Havent seen him play but he is out of contract in the summer

Very weird.

It's very telling I think that Mou mentioned this in the PC then told the story that Lamela told him he would give him 10-15 mins today even with only 2 training sessions under his belt

Even on one leg he’s got more creativity than Winks, Dier and Sissoko combined.

Put him with a proper DM who is better on the ball than what we currently have (which shouldn’t be hard) and we will be a much better side than we are now.

His fitness has been a concern all season and I can't believe he's a professional to be honest. So overweight and never looks committed, even in warm ups. Yeah, yeah, he's languid, I get it. But he's just not an athlete and has so much work to do...

His fitness has been a concern all season and I can't believe he's a professional to be honest. So overweight and never looks committed, even in warm ups. Yeah, yeah, he's languid, I get it. But he's just not an athlete and has so much work to do...

He definitely looks overweight for a footballer but I’ve not heard anything negative about his commitment or professionalism.

He definitely looks overweight for a footballer but I’ve not heard anything negative about his commitment or professionalism.

You just have, from Mourinho - in his post-match presser.

He doesn't like it when players plead the risk of injury to get out of playing games - historically, he's savaged Luke Shaw and Pogba for doing that.

That Mourinho saw fit to clarify that Ndombele isn't injured, and then follow it up with that bit about Lamela coming up to him and offering to play despite only training with the team a little while ago...doesn't bode well for Ndombele, at all.

He better pray Mourinho selects him at Norwich, or it's downhill for the guy. Yes, he's had fitness issues, yes, he's looked fat and languid - but it is six months into his Spurs career, and the time's come to step up or step off.

He doesn't like it when players plead the risk of injury to get out of playing games - historically, he's savaged Luke Shaw and Pogba for doing that.

That Mourinho saw fit to clarify that Ndombele isn't injured, and then follow it up with that bit about Lamela coming up to him and offering to play despite only training with the team a little while ago...doesn't bode well for Ndombele, at all.

He better pray Mourinho selects him at Norwich, or it's downhill for the guy. Yes, he's had fitness issues, yes, he's looked fat and languid - but it is six months into his Spurs career, and the time's come to step up or step off.

All this. Bang on.

Mourinho quite often singles out a player to stamp his authority on the squad. Behaviour like this will make Mourinho think he doesn't have the stomach for the fight and can't be relied upon. A prime candidate to be thrown under the bus.

Mourinho quite often singles out a player to stamp his authority on the squad. Behaviour like this will make Mourinho think he doesn't have the stomach for the fight and can't be relied upon. A prime candidate to be thrown under the bus.

You don't think it's fair to say his fitness has been a huge concern since arriving? I'm horrified he's our record signing at this point.

Back