• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

This is almost enough to drive me to tears.

What an absolute fudgeup we've made of our transfer policy over the past 2-3 seasons, from a position of almost unprecedented strength for this club. For fudges sake.

That happens when you go 18 months without buying anyone. There's a reason it's never been done before, and will likely never, ever happen again absent bankruptcy or a transfer ban.

Nothing to be done about it now, but we need to learn lessons from that farce that I fear we're not learning.

This is almost enough to drive me to tears.

What an absolute fudgeup we've made of our transfer policy over the past 2-3 seasons, from a position of almost unprecedented strength for this club. For fudges sake.

Winks, NDombele and Lo Celso on the bench (and Eriksen). Its not that we dont have the players. Its that, for a bunch of reasons (not all known!) they arent on the pitch/up to speed/in form...

Winks, NDombele and Lo Celso on the bench (and Eriksen). Its not that we dont have the players. Its that, for a bunch of reasons (not all known!) they arent on the pitch/up to speed/in form...
I’d argue it’s because Mou wants someone who can defend in one of the midfield positions and none of these have shown they can do that. Also we need one player disciplined enough to cover for Aurier again something these players wouldn’t do

I’d argue it’s because Mou wants someone who can defend in one of the midfield positions and none of these have shown they can do that. Also we need one player disciplined enough to cover for Aurier again something these players wouldn’t do

I think thats a bit much, "wont do"? I agree improvement is required, but Im not sure reluctance/refusal has been shown at all.

Then theres the balance to argue. All 4 of those players are vastly better on the ball than Dier/Sissoko. Either of whom could partner as a defensive element beside a player of more quality.

Though Id also argue a midfield 3 is effective defensively even without an explicit DM, NDombele/Winks/Lo Celso in theory looks a bit tasty to me.

I think thats a bit much, "wont do"? I agree improvement is required, but Im not sure reluctance/refusal has been shown at all.

Then theres the balance to argue. All 4 of those players are vastly better on the ball than Dier/Sissoko. Either of whom could partner as a defensive element beside a player of more quality.

Though Id also argue a midfield 3 is effective defensively even without an explicit DM, NDombele/Winks/Lo Celso in theory looks a bit tasty to me.
By won’t do I mean it’s not in their inclination to cover for a shiiiite RB going wandering, and none of those players have down any strength in defending (it’s their weakness)
And I agree a 3 could be great but we would really need a holder

I don't think that Mourinho is looking for an explicit DM. But in a two he has looked for the more advanced player to break up play. In that three, you would expect Ndombele and Lo Celso to be the more advanced and I think that they could both disrupt. All three are also capable of switching positions. I still think that this is the combination that Poch had in mind.

By won’t do I mean it’s not in their inclination to cover for a shiiiite RB going wandering, and none of those players have down any strength in defending (it’s their weakness)
And I agree a 3 could be great but we would really need a holder

Lo Celso played as a holding midfielder at PSG.

It’s really not in the modern game.
Teams have been successful like pool for example by using their width and bypassing midfield. Their are many ways to play.
People get caught in the trap of possession and passing being key when the game as shown yesterday is more and more about errors.
Leicester won the league with drink water playing midfield which says it all

There seems to be a strange myth on this forum that Liverpool are nothing more than a long ball team. I guess we can’t say we are better than them anymore so the only way we can knock them is by accusing them of being a team that doesn’t play football which is gonad*s. They have two world class full backs which they utilise to great effect and whilst it’s true their midfield could be upgraded on, they are not a long ball team as Bishop said they dominate possession just about every game. I’d certainly take their midfield over our laughable excuse for a midfield (minus Ndombele) who can’t pass forward and don’t even look to pass forward.

There seems to be a strange myth on this forum that Liverpool are nothing more than a long ball team. I guess we can’t say we are better than them anymore so the only way we can knock them is by accusing them of being a team that doesn’t play football which is gonad*s. They have two world class full backs which they utilise to great effect and whilst it’s true their midfield could be upgraded on, they are not a long ball team as Bishop said they dominate possession just about every game. I’d certainly take their midfield over our laughable excuse for a midfield (minus Ndombele) who can’t pass forward and don’t even look to pass forward.
Their midfield cover for their full backs and it’s very effective
Their full backs create and their front 3 score
That’s it simplistically and it works
Their midfield create nothing and rarely score (VVD has scored more than their whole midfield this season I believe).
Can’t know it as it’s made them arguably the most effective team in the world right now

and they sold him because he was deemed to be poor there
Betis played him in the attacking role and then valued him at £60m

Yeah, I know his history. I think that Winks would be the one playing deepest, if we ever played those three. Whether it worked or not would depend on how much Lo Celso and Ndombele closed down in front.

I get your point on covering Aurier. It would fall to one of those three without a front four.

Yeah, I know his history. I think that Winks would be the one playing deepest, if we ever played those three. Whether it worked or not would depend on how much Lo Celso and Ndombele closed down in front.

I get your point on covering Aurier. It would fall to one of those three without a front four.
Or just drop him and play Foyth

Their midfield cover for their full backs and it’s very effective
Their full backs create and their front 3 score
That’s it simplistically and it works
Their midfield create nothing and rarely score (VVD has scored more than their whole midfield this season I believe).
Can’t know it as it’s made them arguably the most effective team in the world right now

Their midfield isn’t great but they are still more effective than the two we have used recently. Dier doesn’t create, doesn’t look to pass forward. Sissoko is limited on the ball but has improved slightly. Still not good enough.

As a team they have made over 900 more passes than us so if they’re a long ball team so are we I guess.

Their midfield isn’t great but they are still more effective than the two we have used recently. Dier doesn’t create, doesn’t look to pass forward. Sissoko is limited on the ball but has improved slightly. Still not good enough.

As a team they have made over 900 more passes than us so if they’re a long ball team so are we I guess.
We are now as our plan is to get the ball forward quickly
They play a 3 in midfield to smother that are forcing play wide
It’s a system that could really work for us if we had some full backs

We are now as our plan is to get the ball forward quickly
They play a 3 in midfield to smother that are forcing play wide
It’s a system that could really work for us if we had some full backs

I agree with this, we would look a lot better if/when we find a pair of FB's who are not error prone. We can all bitch about our CM ( and i agree it can be improved) but our FB's are awful.

Jose won't play this as it then means Dele is moved from his favoured behind Kane position. In theory Winks, Lo Celso and Ndombele behind Kane, Son and Moura works on paper but it's not a shape I can see Jose playing as long as Dele is fit.

You could drop Moura, but then we still lack a presence on the right hand side unless Lo Celso drifts over to that side...[emoji848]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Jose won't play this as it then means Dele is moved from his favoured behind Kane position. In theory Winks, Lo Celso and Ndombele behind Kane, Son and Moura works on paper but it's not a shape I can see Jose playing as long as Dele is fit.

You could drop Moura, but then we still lack a presence on the right hand side unless Lo Celso drifts over to that side...[emoji848]

He played right hand side for Betis but used it to come central

He played right hand side for Betis but used it to come central
Yes he could play there but he doesn't really have the game to play as a RWF from what I've seen, he very much looks like a central player put out wide because he has a left foot.

Back