• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Swindon Town v Tottenham Hotspur 16th July 19:00

Never assume. First day of journalism school.

Were you off sick on the first day?...

Now, in the absence of any mitigating information, I can only assume our humble moderator, Jordinho, has nimbly nipped in to the Swindon site and nabbed 'em without any prior permission, posted 'em to this site and no one seems to care that an act of theft has taken place..

And again, I assume lower morals are in play here in the absence of any proper explanation of how the images were

I would assume the shooter was hired by the club to provide the images.

Hmm... everything that is online is ripe for Copy+Paste or screen grab. I don't think that war is worth waging norf, it can't be won. I do see your point, but it's like my hatred of fat people, I just have to ignore it.

what happened to the swindon town thread??

Anybody think any of our younger loanees (maybe Pritchard or Luongo?) have a chance of coming back mid-season? Is that something we can do? Say if we need help at a particular position and we have a younger player out on loan who can adequately fill the role, can we recall him? I'm thinking no, just because I would've thought if possible, we would've recalled Townsend last year..

what happened to the swindon town thread??

Anybody think any of our younger loanees (maybe Pritchard or Luongo?) have a chance of coming back mid-season? Is that something we can do? Say if we need help at a particular position and we have a younger player out on loan who can adequately fill the role, can we recall him? I'm thinking no, just because I would've thought if possible, we would've recalled Townsend last year..

53.2.2 Subject to the proviso that the duration of a Standard Loan must be the time between two Transfer Windows, Standard Loans can be for half a Season or a full Season. Any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the second (January) Transfer Window. Any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between both Clubs and the Player but can only be completed after the expiry of 28 days and only during a Transfer Window (but subject to Regulation 53.2.3 below).

You can only recall a player during the next transfer window, ie. January for season long loans and never in cases like Townsend.

Emergency and youth (scholars who are in the second or third (if that option is exercised) year of their Scholarship Agreement or players aged 20 or under on 1st July immediately preceding the Season in question) loans can have a release clause.

53.2.2 Subject to the proviso that the duration of a Standard Loan must be the time between two Transfer Windows, Standard Loans can be for half a Season or a full Season. Any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the second (January) Transfer Window. Any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between both Clubs and the Player but can only be completed after the expiry of 28 days and only during a Transfer Window (but subject to Regulation 53.2.3 below).

You can only recall a player during the next transfer window, ie. January for season long loans and never in cases like Townsend.

got lost at proviso.. Thanks for the summary.

and so if i'm reading that right, we could potentially recall either pritchard or luongo? both are too good for stfc, no offense if theres any stfc supporters lurking

Emergency and youth (scholars who are in the second or third (if that option is exercised) year of their Scholarship Agreement or players aged 20 or under on 1st July immediately preceding the Season in question) loans can have a release clause.

What are the loan rules about numbers? I thought you are only allowed 2 players at one club or is that just EPL?

And again the rules need changing so transferred players can't be loaned out by Chelsea.

Can we stop all this talk about footy and get back to the discussion about the photos. It was getting interesting.

Any internet forum in the world comparable to gg that pays for the right to use images comparable to these?

Do you take the same issue with articles being copy-pasted (with links)?

I have done a little paid photography work but decided against a career is the money isn't good enough.

Re theft; I think as long as photos are not being used specifically for profit (ie here it is journalistic on a site that operates in a not for profit manner), then photographers have to expect this to happen.

No one goes into art to get rich.

Images should credit the creator however.

If the images are clearly used to try and generate sales, then the photographer deserves their cut

I have done a little paid photography work but decided against a career is the money isn't good enough.

Re theft; I think as long as photos are not being used specifically for profit (ie here it is journalistic on a site that operates in a not for profit manner), then photographers have to expect this to happen.

No one goes into art to get rich.

Images should credit the creator however.

If the images are clearly used to try and generate sales, then the photographer deserves their cut

Not to wade back in to the discussion unnecessarily but I agree, is passing someone a newspaper you've bought to look at theft if they look at the pictures?

I'd be interested to know if the photog fella ever listens to music which hasn't been purchased in a legal manner. I do a bit of work in the music industry and don't see a need to kick off and get high and mighty on a Spurs board when people talk about downloading music, I'd be wasting my time, the lack of awareness goes too deep for it to be worth starting a one man crusade on t'internet

Hmm... everything that is online is ripe for Copy+Paste or screen grab. I don't think that war is worth waging norf, it can't be won. I do see your point, but it's like my hatred of fat people, I just have to ignore it.

Why ignore it? i always approach fatties and try to talk them, they are not like paedos, fatties can be helped with diet and exercise. I dislike them to but i feel it is up to us superior beings to help them, in some ways im quite the liberal.

Back