• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Swindon Town v Tottenham Hotspur 16th July 19:00

THFC6061

Paul Robinson
A4259_zps8cb372b9.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur kick-off their pre-season 2013-14 programme with a visit to Swindon Town (or should that be Spurs B?) on Tuesday 16th July, KO 19:00.

Tuesday's game will be the 41st meeting between the two clubs, who were rivals in both the Southern & Western Leagues in the late 19th and early 20th Centuries.

It's been a while since we last played the Wiltshire club, as the last meeting was 12 years ago in a friendly which Spurs won 3-1 with goals from Steffen Iversen, Yannick Kamanan and John Piercy.

Spurs usually take a large squad to these types of games, with players getting 45 minutes or so playing time, so we should expect to see at least two complete Spurs teams for the match.

Swindon, who already had former Spurs players Troy Archibald-Henville and Jack Barthram in their ranks have recently added three players on loan - Grant Hall, Massimo Luongo & Alex Pritchard - and added Nathan Byrne on a permanent transfer.

A4260_zps53741ee2.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur v Swindon Town Match Records 1890 - 2013

Last edited:
Amazing thing is, we are playing Swindon almost 12 years since we last played them in pre season of 2001. We won 3-1 that time, with Iversen, Kamanan and Piercy scoring. We have only ever played 4 competitive matches against Swindon in modern history : 2 Cup matches and 2 league matches. Makes you wonder why we can't find a more competitive team to play against.

Last edited:
Amazing thing is, we are playing Swindon almost 12 years since we last played them in pre season of 2001. We won 3-1 that time, with Iversen, Kamanan and Piercy scoring. We have only ever played 4 competitive matches against Swindon in modern history : 2 Cup matches and 2 league matches. Makes you wonder why we can't find a more competitive team to play against.

Every single Premier League club start out against weak sides, then move on to stronger ones later in pre season. One of the top sides from League One is a pretty strong start really. You see other clubs playing against non league opposition or similar quality abroad.

Both Manchester United & Emirates Marketing Project lost to virtual pub teams in the past few days.

At this stage of preparations, it's more about fitness levels and getting used to a playing system than it is about getting results.

Also can imagine its part of the deal to use them as a loaning club. They help us develop our players by taking them on loan we'll help them out by playing then in a friendly. I know loaning them players could be seen as helping them out but they might take who we tell them they are having rather than having a pick as it where.

by Swindontownfc.co.uk

SOME essential information ahead of tonight's match with Tottenham Hotspur is listed below:

Fixture Information:
• Kick-off 7pm
• Turnstiles open 5.45pm
• Legends Lounge open from 5pm

Tickets will still be available on the night.

Useful Information:
• Car parking at ground £10
• Car parking at St. Joseph’s Catholic College £5
• Programmes on sale for £3
• Legends Lounge meal deal... (Pie, Mash, Peas and Gravy with a pint of either Carlsberg, Stowford Cider or Hurricane JUST £8)

Starting line-up

Lloris

Walker, Dawson, Stewart, Naughton

Bentaleb, Huddlestone, Sigurdsson

Ceballos, Defoe, Bale​

Last edited:
Nice to see Bentaleb getting games pre-season, he looked a real talent when I saw him last year.

Nice to see Bentaleb getting games pre-season, he looked a real talent when I saw him last year.
Kevin Stewart, on the other hand... I have seen him play a few times and he has looked absolutely useless. I can't believe that he is still on our books based on what I have seen of him. He has played at left back when I've seen him though. Perhaps he is slightly better it center back, I don't know.

Back