• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

It might not be as bad as you think. While I share concerns about depth in these areas we do have Sigurdsson, Bale and Adebayor as proven premiership firepower and Lennon/Dembele as premiership players with goals in them.

You are right, we are certainly building a class first team. Just that depth point, especially if Ade/Bale were to get injured. But then I tend to think we will do something by the end of the window to sure up our options. On VDV he showed vs WBA his qualities, thus would prefer to keep him if possible.

As would I, just pointing out that without him we can still be potent.

It seems at present Townsend and Dos Santos are in reserve for the wings. Not sure how they might work out (Ive never rated Townsend and always hoped Dos Santos can come good) but one of them could be a surprise.

As would I, just pointing out that without him we can still be potent.

It seems at present Townsend and Dos Santos are in reserve for the wings. Not sure how they might work out (Ive never rated Townsend and always hoped Dos Santos can come good) but one of them could be a surprise.

Those players are no reason to sell Lennon

The only reason for selling players is that they're not seen as essential by AVB and we can get good money for them.

I understand that AVB has his own system and style of play but we are not going to line up the same way for every match it is good to have options. Rafa, Defoe and Lennon all have unique ability that I don't see the sense of shifting on. We should be looking to move players like Jenas and Bentley not proven quality players like the above 3.

I don't want to hear this brick about we will get good cash for them either. Shifting out proven capable players for a bit of profit and bringing in unknown quantities is very risky. I mean this is a team that finished 4th and SHOULD be playing in Champions League

Lennon is Levy's fav apparently.

Let me guess....Jjetset said so?

I don't quite understand why people think a midfield e of Moutinho, Dembele and Sandro is better than Dembele, Sandro and Sigurddson. Sigurddson is a very direct player that will provide the link between midfield and attack and will contribute in terms of goals. Mout is a playmaker and Dembele has been playing the same role for Fulham. Why exactly is 2 playmakers better than 1 playmaker and 1 attacking mid that links midfield and attack?

It's really concerning me that we may end up staying with Defoe as one of our options. As good a player he is in the right system, it clearly isn't in AVB's but there are some whispers that we will stick with what we have if we can't get any deals done for upfront.

AVB has a very clear idea of which players will work in his system, I just can't believe Defoe is one of them.

So what happens when we are losing 1-0 and our supposed "system" isn't working and we need to grab a goal. Who better than Defoe? Not saying he should start, which he shouldn't because yes, he wont fit into our system but sometimes you need a plan B and someone to just stick the fuking ball in the net

Dembele done. On to the next one.

Yep, Lloris soon hopefully.

I reckon we'll sign a striker but not a 20mill player like people are suggesting but a squad player ala Saha who can play that position leading the line. Wouldn't be surprised with someone like Kevin Doyle

Think it'll be a relative unknown from abroad on a free/6 month loan, then we'll go for Leandro again in January.

Let me guess....Jjetset said so?

I don't quite understand why people think a midfield e of Moutinho, Dembele and Sandro is better than Dembele, Sandro and Sigurddson. Sigurddson is a very direct player that will provide the link between midfield and attack and will contribute in terms of goals. Mout is a playmaker and Dembele has been playing the same role for Fulham. Why exactly is 2 playmakers better than 1 playmaker and 1 attacking mid that links midfield and attack?

Yes.

I agree with the 2nd part, I guess sig is no longer the shiny new penny.

It's really concerning me that we may end up staying with Defoe as one of our options. As good a player he is in the right system, it clearly isn't in AVB's but there are some whispers that we will stick with what we have if we can't get any deals done for upfront.

AVB has a very clear idea of which players will work in his system, I just can't believe Defoe is one of them.

If things get desperate on Friday, I can see us and Liverpool doing a Defoe-Carroll loan swap. Rodgers and AVB were obviously at Chelsea together and it could be mutally beneficial for a few months.

I don't think Carroll is an AVB player at all, but at least he plays in a position in AVB's system (unlike 4-4-2 Defoe).

GK: Lloris

RB: Walker
CB: Vertonghen
CB: Caulker
LB: Ekotto

CDM: Sandro
CM: Dembele

RAM: Willian
CAM: Sigurdsson
LAM: Bale

ST: Ade/ Somebody better than Defoe.

I understand that AVB has his own system and style of play but we are not going to line up the same way for every match it is good to have options. Rafa, Defoe and Lennon all have unique ability that I don't see the sense of shifting on. We should be looking to move players like Jenas and Bentley not proven quality players like the above 3.

I don't want to hear this brick about we will get good cash for them either. Shifting out proven capable players for a bit of profit and bringing in unknown quantities is very risky. I mean this is a team that finished 4th and SHOULD be playing in Champions League

I agree 100%

Back