• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really don't think so judging by his latest interview on transfers - he should make it stick with what's available right now, show some versatility, etc.

AVB is just being sensible and polite atm, after what happened at Chelsea he cant come in and start making big changes, so yes, for a little while he will use what available to him. But once we start selling the players no longer useful, and spaces appear in the squad, he will bring in his own players, especially in the attacking dept, and then imo someone like Lennon will become back up rather than first name on the team sheet

Luka Modric left Tottenham's training ground today without taking part in any exercises or training with his team mates. According to Sky Sports News he went to the canteen and sat alone having some breakfast, went to chat with a few people and then left the new state of the art football training complex in his Aston Martin.

The Croatian midfielder isn't thought to have an injury of any kind so it suggests that Spurs aren't running things as normal with the player, making him staying at the club less likely. If Andre Villas Boas thought he'd be part of the squad then there's absolutely no reason why he wouldn't have trained today.

It is not known whether his early exit was his choice or that of Tottenham Hotspur.

Modric is at the centre of transfer speculation linking him with an imminent move to Real Madrid but the La Liga club and Spurs cannot agree on a price for the player. Andre Villas Boas confirmed last night that three clubs had tabled bids for Luka Modric but that none of them were high enough and until a club met their price Modric wouldn't be going anywhere.

Him not training obviously puts a new spin on that, the club could have had an acceptable offer or alternatively Modric and/or Spurs may feel it's not best for him to be at the training ground right now.

The news has already made its way to Spain with Marca reporting that he spent less than two hours at the complex. Spanish press had said earlier today that Modric would inform Andre Villas Boas face to face that he simply didn't want to stay at Tottenham, whatever the circumstances.

:lol: ratface no mates stuffing his cheeks
he just came in for a free meal...git

Luka Modric left Tottenham's training ground today without taking part in any exercises or training with his team mates. According to Sky Sports News he went to the canteen and sat alone having some breakfast, went to chat with a few people and then left the new state of the art football training complex in his Aston Martin.

The Croatian midfielder isn't thought to have an injury of any kind so it suggests that Spurs aren't running things as normal with the player, making him staying at the club less likely. If Andre Villas Boas thought he'd be part of the squad then there's absolutely no reason why he wouldn't have trained today.

It is not known whether his early exit was his choice or that of Tottenham Hotspur.

Modric is at the centre of transfer speculation linking him with an imminent move to Real Madrid but the La Liga club and Spurs cannot agree on a price for the player. Andre Villas Boas confirmed last night that three clubs had tabled bids for Luka Modric but that none of them were high enough and until a club met their price Modric wouldn't be going anywhere.

Him not training obviously puts a new spin on that, the club could have had an acceptable offer or alternatively Modric and/or Spurs may feel it's not best for him to be at the training ground right now.

The news has already made its way to Spain with Marca reporting that he spent less than two hours at the complex. Spanish press had said earlier today that Modric would inform Andre Villas Boas face to face that he simply didn't want to stay at Tottenham, whatever the circumstances.

make him hand in a transfer request then as surely that will stop all his bonuses etc. I hate Modric. The sooner we get rid of him the better. He is like a disease rotting our club.

i cant see Levy agreeing to let Modders go until the replacement is in place

all about timing it seems

Yes, let's start the hate campaign based on him leaving the training ground for reasons we don't know and an article with a clear agenda.

If he leaves the club, fine, it will be for a lot of money. But I am certain he was allowed to leave traning for whatever the reason.

Two wrong bits there:

1. he was at Spurs Lodge, not Bulls Cross,
  2. And Modric drives a Bentley, not an Aston Martin.

Out of interest, can anyone find me the quotes from last season where Modric himself insists he needs to leave the club?
I never read those, I only read Harry's "his head isn't right" stuff and all the media garbage.
Same for this season, any quotes from Modric himself where he says he wants to leave?

I've heard something about quotes from a boat?

Out of interest, can anyone find me the quotes from last season where Modric himself insists he needs to leave the club?
I never read those, I only read Harry's "his head isn't right" stuff and all the media garbage.
Same for this season, any quotes from Modric himself where he says he wants to leave?

I've heard something about quotes from a boat?

Think there were a couple of interviews in the Croatian press in which he said that he didn't want to play for Spurs, that he wanted to play for Chelsea and that Daniel Levy had gone back on his word.

Back