• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If we had learnt from our mistakes this would have been dealt with promptly at the end of the season. Levy's record of sacking and appointing managers is patchy at best. I am not expecting it to end well when Levy does call time on Redknapp.

I wonder whether those who were arguing a couple of weeks ago that Redknapp should see out the last year of his current contract and earn another deal, have changed their minds.

I don't know.. who were they, the vote was locked. ;)

I hope this is flimflam...

MirrorFootball ‏@MirrorFootball
More from Redknapp: "I don't talk about other teams' managerial vacancies, but Chelsea are a triffic club and I'd definitely be interested'

I would like to know where this myth about players leaving if Redknapp goes comes from, after all it did not stop Modric wanting to leave last summer under Redknapp.

Its just gonad*s and a scare story to suggest that they will be a mass exodus when Redknapp leaves.

I wonder whether those who were arguing a couple of weeks ago that Redknapp should see out the last year of his current contract and earn another deal, have changed their minds.

as someone who held that view im starting to think that it's now a simple case of either giving him a new contract or replacing him - I don't think Redknapps ego would take being told to 'earn' a new contract and that it would only lead to a negative atmosphere.

if that is the case (Redknapp not liking being told to earn a new contract) then i think he should go now - i think it's entirely fair that we should set him that challenge after he was prepared to walk away from us a few months ago and if he genuinely wants to be here then he should accept those terms and be determined to show he is the man for the job - that's the type of manager i want here, by not taking that sort of offer (to prove his worth) then id say that would reflect badly on him.

of course all of the above is a hypothetical scenario based on assumptions and personal opinion (before Mick pipes up ;) ) - without the full facts i can't offer much of an opinion - I would like Redknapp to stay and prove his worth - but not if it means having to bow down and give him a new contract after the England thing.

Harry saying 'Why should I resign?' and not 'Why would I resign?' is telling. There's absolutely no reason to use the word 'should' there when refuting a story, because it doesn't fit unless the discussions have centred around him leaving already, maybe parting company by mutual consent.

Something is going down, there's too many stories and they haven't been killed yet. Seems like Levy is happy to say 'You have one more year, prove you deserve another, you would have gladly left for England otherwise anyway' and Harry is within his rights to say 'It never really works like that, you either think I'm a good manager or you don't, but we need to get it sorted either way'.

And of course it will end up with Harry going by 'mutual consent' and getting paid off. And it will be a massive shame if it ends up happening like that. Capello resigning, and the Terry racism charge, not only fudged our season but cost us our manager in the long run too, because if that never happened, these discussions would not be taking place. We would be in 3rd, ready for the Champions League next season and Harry would be well up for strengthening the squad for a title push. It's utterly amazing that events that had absolutely nothing to do with us whatsoever have affected the club in such a way, it really is.

There is a Redknapp thread for this brick, its bad enough we have to read the ITK brick let alone brick about Redknapp.

Harry saying 'Why should I resign?' and not 'Why would I resign?' is telling. There's absolutely no reason to use the word 'should' there when refuting a story, because it doesn't fit unless the discussions have centred around him leaving already, maybe parting company by mutual consent.

Something is going down, there's too many stories and they haven't been killed yet. Seems like Levy is happy to say 'You have one more year, prove you deserve another, you would have gladly left for England otherwise anyway' and Harry is within his rights to say 'It never really works like that, you either think I'm a good manager or you don't, but we need to get it sorted either way'.

And of course it will end up with Harry going by 'mutual consent' and getting paid off. And it will be a massive shame if it ends up happening like that. Capello resigning, and the Terry racism charge, not only fudged our season but cost us our manager in the long run too, because if that never happened, these discussions would not be taking place. We would be in 3rd, ready for the Champions League next season and Harry would be well up for strengthening the squad for a title push. It's utterly amazing that events that had absolutely nothing to do with us whatsoever have affected the club in such a way, it really is.

Redknapp could have distanced himself from the England role initially, making it nothing to do with us whatsoever. After all, 'why should he resign?'? He's made his bed, whatever happens now is Redknapp's fault and no-one elses.

Leanadro Damiao is on the verge of joining us according to reports as we are willing to pay their €24 Million valuation of the player. -- Hotspur Related (@HotspurRelated)

now if i was a conspiracy theorist id say it was all one big attempt to derail us from the beginning - the Capello resignation came out of nowhere after the FA forced his hand over the Terry situation. the entire countries media goes in to Redknapp to England over drive whilst the FA sits on it's hands and make no attempt to diffuse the situation - by doing nothing they are pouring fuel on the fire. as it turns out Redknapp or Spurs aren't even approached and seemingly the FA had Hodgson in mind from the get go - so why not tell them earlier avoiding the whole mess ? - all entirely avoidable and served no purpose what-so-ever, all that came of Capello's resignation was Spurs being F'd in the A, they didn't even get the new guy in in time to have a head start.

at best it was poorly handled by the FA and at worst, well i dare not think about it too much because when you look at the other time it looked like we were going to finally finish above Arsenal in the league and remember what happened there, well it's not easy to keep these 'crazy' thoughts down.

Last edited:
The writing is on the wall. I believe he was close to being given the boot last Summer. Now the fans are turning in their droves and that's all the ammo Levy needs to be justified in getting rid of him.

So in essence there is no foundation for this claim just like 95% of the so called ITK claims on this forum. Methinks the closer to the truth is that we have not signed anybody and there is no juicy Tottenham story doing the rounds so someone starts a rumour and it spreads. Yesterday somebody said there is no smoke without fire, actually there is a lot of smoke without fire

Why has noone else noticed the bizarre developments in the Olsson story in which the transfer fee is listed as 2 separate values?

The story starts off stating ?ú3m is enough, then half way through it's ?ú4m. I'm only happy that the story wasn't a page longer or we'd be breaking the World Record for his transfer fee!

JUST IN:according to very well PSG facts informed radio RMC,PSG made official bid 77m Ôé¼ to Milan to ship together T. Silva and Ibrahimovic! -- Tancredi Palmeri (@tancredipalmeri)

Harry Redknapp is on Wednesday due to hold crunch talks with Tottenham Hotspur at which his future at the club is expected to be decided amid strong suggestions that he is set to leave.

The 65 year-old is understood to be prepared to quit having grown frustrated at the refusal to offer him a new deal.

Redknapp is expected to meet club chairman Daniel Levy to discuss his future and is resigned to the fact that he is unlikely to secure a long-term contract so that he can end his managerial career at Tottenham Hotspur.

Redknapp has 12 months left on his deal with talks over a four-year contract having been put on hold in the spring because it was expected that he would be approached to become the next England manager.

On Tuesday night Spurs were denying that Redknapp had left the club. Redknapp himself told ESPN: ÔÇ£No, I havenÔÇÖt resigned, and I have no idea why it is being suggested that I have resigned. This is an outrage; an absolute liberty for people to be putting around this kind of rumour on the internet. It is not true, there is not a chance I will resign. Why should I? I have a year left on my contract.ÔÇØ

However, Redknapp is understood to be open to the idea of going, if a compensation package can be agreed, and has been considering lucrative offers from clubs in the Middle East, including Abu Dhabi and Dubai.

Redknapp has previously considered offers from the same area of the world and is aware that his next major deal is likely to be the last he will secure in football as a manager.

Redknapp has also been strongly linked to Chelsea but the Premier League club are expected to confirm on Wednesday that Roberto Di Matteo is the full-time manager on a short-term contract.

Redknapp and Levy have always had an uneasy relationship and it is no secret that Spurs, who move to a ?ú45 million state-of-the-art training ground this summer, have wanted to eventually employ a younger coach with possibly a director of football working alongside him.

It is a model that Levy has always favoured and he has been considering candidates to employ as a director of football or technical director to be his right-hand man over transfer negotiations and contracts.

Spurs have admired Brendan Rodgers, for example, but he has now become manager of Liverpool while there is also interest in EvertonÔÇÖs David Moyes and, potentially, Andre Villas-Boas, who was sacked by Chelsea in March but is keen to return to management in England. Wigan AthleticÔÇÖs Roberto Mart?¡nez will also be linked to the job should Redknapp leave.

RedknappÔÇÖs relationship with Levy was strained further by speculation that he would take over as England manager, especially after Spurs made it clear that they would want significant compensation ÔÇö around ?ú10 million ÔÇö should he leave.

SpursÔÇÖ tricky end to the season in which they finished fourth, but missed out on Champions League qualification because Chelsea won the competition, has also not helped. There is also uncertainty over the future of prize assets Luka Modric and Gareth Bale, and Redknapp has urged Spurs to spend if they are to compete.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...rong-suggestions-that-he-is-set-to-leave.html

There is a Redknapp thread for this brick, its bad enough we have to read the ITK brick let alone brick about Redknapp.

Think people are a bit bored... There are currently no transfer rumours.

The Euros have killed transfers at the moment it seems..

Thank goodness it seems like there is a meeting apparently, hopefully we can hear something soon. Going to be funny if he's gone tomorrow and he's then on the BBC...wonder how that will go down.

Levy is going to have to pull off some serious spin though so the club can look good. Plenty of fans want Harry out but doing so and bringing in any one of Martinez, AVB or Moyes is going to draw negativity for a bunch of different reasons. It won't be easy. I hope there's a plan in place.

That's my reading of it too. I don't want Redknapp to go because I personally think appointing someone else is a gamble. But it looks like he's off.

The Journalist

So I signed on earlier today to post and seen all the Harry talk.

So been trying to find out seeing as there is lots of it;

I can tell you that the club are refuting it and are looking into where these stories are starting.

IÔÇÖve been told that Harry hasnÔÇÖt spoken to Levy for a while. He sent a text and left a message last week; but hasnÔÇÖt spoken to Levy personally, or anyone at Tottenham for a few weeks; heÔÇÖs having a complete break from the club for a few weeks.

Personally; thereÔÇÖs not enough sound around the journalists to suggest it.

Personal opinion Harry will still be charge BUT I know they had plans to bring in coaching group with Deschamps when they thought he was heading to the top job.

The news I was going to publish earlier was that Madrid have made contact about Modric. But its still going to be a long way off before you see signs of any transfer happening.

Belgium defender still pending; but told now unlikely any deals announced/completed for at least a couple of weeks.

That guy is hilarious, yet to get a single bit of itk right.

Here's what an actual journalist Oliver Kay Chief Football writer of the Times has to say :
"Either way, Redknapp's departure from Spurs seems only a matter of time now. Could be as early as tomorrow"
https://twitter.com/OliverKayTimes/status/212689419826757633

Back