• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Another "itk" saying Vert fee agreed

Apparently a fee has been agreed with Ajax for Vertonghen #coys #thfc -- THFC Rumours (@THFC_Rumours)

Who: JJetset
Where: The mighty SC
When: 25th May

Dotting of T's and crossing of I's

Its close but not actually done yet. Been close all week. This is all normal stuff and there are no delays and is usual and goes on with every transfer but you hear things earlier now than you used to!!We are not talking about a nominal fee here and not sure how many of you had dealt with large sums of money before but its not, correctly, taken lightly.

BTW, You dont know about all the other deals that may or may not be close though!!

Who: JJetset
Where: The mighty SC
When: 25th May

Dotting of T's and crossing of I's

Its close but not actually done yet. Been all week. This is all normal stuff and there are no delays and is usual and goes on with every transfer but you hear things earlier now than you used to!!We are not talking about a nominal fee here and not sure how many of you had dealt with large sums of money before but its not, correctly, taken lightly.

BTW, You dont know about all the other deals that may or may not be close though!!

???!!!

I bet he minds his q's and p's too.

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Emirates Marketing Project are set to make another move to sign Barcelona star Dani Alves, 29. According to reports in Spain they have offered ?ú12m and Aleksandar Kolarov.

Full story: talkSPORT

Emirates Marketing Project striker Mario Balotelli has reiterated his desire to stay at the club, playing down reports in the Italian press that he is to join AC Milan.

Full story: Manchester Evening News

Manchester United are set to make an improved offer of ?ú13m for Shinji Kagawa, 23, from Borussia Dortmund.

Full story: Daily Mail

Tottenham are close to signing central defender Jan Vertonghen, 25, from Ajax for a fee of ?ú9.6m.

Full story: The Guardian

Arsenal are ready to open the bidding for Montpellier striker Olivier Giroud by offering ?ú6.4m, plus Marouane Chamakh, for the 25-year-old.

Full story: The Metro
OTHER GOSSIP
Liverpool target Roberto Martinez

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has urged Roberto Martinez to think carefully about joining Liverpool to work under a football director.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Fabio Capello is the latest manager to turn down Liverpool but he still hopes a move to Chelsea could materialise.

Full story: Daily Mail

Steve Bruce is wanted by Hull City to replace Nick Barmby but he will not make any decision yet as he eyes a third return to Wigan, should Martinez leave .

Full story: Daily Mirror

Chelsea interim boss Roberto Di Matteo has emerged as a target for Napoli after talks with Chelsea stalled.

Full story: talkSPORT
AND FINALLY

The Dutch national side have been warming up for 2012 by appearing in a "Birdie Song" commercial for a supermarket, which has appeared on their national TV.

Full story: 101 Great Goals

AN VERTONGHEN last night warned Tottenham to hurry up and sign him – or he will join Arsenal instead.

The Ajax captain claims he has already been shown around White Hart Lane and chairman Daniel Levy visited him in Amsterdam on Monday.

But the Belgian defender fears the deal will collapse following Spurs’ failure to win a Champions League place next season – with Ajax demanding ?ú12.5m.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger also wants *Holland’s player of the *season, who’ll skipper *Belgium against *Montenegro tonight.

“I’ve said repeatedly that Tottenham are my first choice, but the talks haven’t progressed,” said centre-back Vertonghen, 25.

“They have shown me around, I have met all their key people and their *chairman came to meet me on Monday. But Arsenal want me too. They remain a possibility if my Spurs move falls through, as Ajax are asking €15m for me.

“That is a lot of money for someone with just a year left on his contract.

“I’m sure Spurs won’t be able to pay that much *after they missed out on the Champions League.

“Ajax want to get as much as they can for me, while Spurs want to pay as little as possible.

“I hope a deal can be done. But I won’t fight with Ajax – that is the last thing I’d want after so many good years with them.

“England is my preferred destination. But if needed I will see out my contract and leave on a free transfer next year.”

Meanwhile, right-back Kyle Walker is desperate for Harry Redknapp to stay in charge at Spurs following recent speculation over the *manager’s future.

He said: “I definitely hope he stays at White Hart Lane. Who wouldn’t want him to stay at the football club, when you look at the results he gets for us?

“I think anyone would want him around. I don’t think there’s a *better *manager.

“I try not to get distracted by speculation, but I hope he is around and that I will be working with him next *season.”

Someone on the twitterweb said he'd be coming over a day early when Belgium play England next weekend.

Several people on twitter has claimed a deal is done. Potl probably felt it safe to jump on board.

That's because any qunt who can use a keyboard can open a teletext account and 'claim' just about anything

I'm sorry but teletext postings should be ranked lower than ITK on the generall flimflam scale

This fella again.. Dunno who it is??

I'm hearing that Remy has agreed personal terms, we just need to agree a fee now! #thfc #coys -- THFC Rumours (@THFC_Rumours)

It's a brand new account I think. Anyone who's that desperate to spread his "knowledge" looks suspicious to me. All these ITKs are probably just copying each other.

Yeah seems tp be they all spout similar guff about the same time... Now either they all have the same contact who is just dying to phone all his buddies to let them know whats going on behind the scene, or its all bollox and they just copy each other??

Meaningless International friendlies coming up tomorrow. Maybe slightly useful for the teams that are going to the Euros, but pretty darn pointless for everyone else.

AN VERTONGHEN last night warned Tottenham to hurry up and sign him – or he will join Arsenal instead.

The Ajax captain claims he has already been shown around White Hart Lane and chairman Daniel Levy visited him in Amsterdam on Monday.

But the Belgian defender fears the deal will collapse following Spurs’ failure to win a Champions League place next season – with Ajax demanding ?ú12.5m.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger also wants *Holland’s player of the *season, who’ll skipper *Belgium against *Montenegro tonight.

“I’ve said repeatedly that Tottenham are my first choice, but the talks haven’t progressed,” said centre-back Vertonghen, 25.

“They have shown me around, I have met all their key people and their *chairman came to meet me on Monday. But Arsenal want me too. They remain a possibility if my Spurs move falls through, as Ajax are asking €15m for me.

“That is a lot of money for someone with just a year left on his contract.

“I’m sure Spurs won’t be able to pay that much *after they missed out on the Champions League.

“Ajax want to get as much as they can for me, while Spurs want to pay as little as possible.

“I hope a deal can be done. But I won’t fight with Ajax – that is the last thing I’d want after so many good years with them.

“England is my preferred destination. But if needed I will see out my contract and leave on a free transfer next year.”

Meanwhile, right-back Kyle Walker is desperate for Harry Redknapp to stay in charge at Spurs following recent speculation over the *manager’s future.

He said: “I definitely hope he stays at White Hart Lane. Who wouldn’t want him to stay at the football club, when you look at the results he gets for us?

“I think anyone would want him around. I don’t think there’s a *better *manager.

“I try not to get distracted by speculation, but I hope he is around and that I will be working with him next *season.”
What a fudging load of trash, he never said anything about arsenal in that fudging interview.

Meaningless International friendlies coming up tomorrow. Maybe slightly useful for the teams that are going to the Euros, but pretty darn pointless for everyone else.

Sorry but just because you find them meaningless doesn't mean the participating teams and their respective supporters do. League football is finished for the season so there's little argument as to potential distraction either

What a fudging load of trash, he never said anything about arsenal in that fudging interview.

I don't really think clubs need media to alert them to potential players. They're usually just trying to stir up brick which then makes people read their stuff.

Sorry but just because you find them meaningless doesn't mean the participating teams and their respective supporters do. League football is finished for the season so there's little argument as to potential distraction either

There are many leagues that run from spring to autumn, Norway, Sweden, Finland, several eastern European and South American ones, USA to name some. And I can't see how a friendly played now holds any meaning for teams whose next qualifying match is in September.

And I can't see how a friendly played now holds any meaning for teams whose next qualifying match is in September.

Any international game is a good opportunity to explore new tactics, give debutant players a chance and consolidate existing formations. International camps often have to do with 2 weeks of 'gelling' time prior to major tournaments so any opportunity to play together should be wellcomed, imv. As for the teams who aren't participating - there is no such thing as meaningless 'experience'.

Back