• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can we keep the Redknapp love-in/hate-fest in the Redknappp thread?

Despite 6 months of 'discussion'/trading insults I don't think anyone's opinion has been swayed. Can we try and keep other threads Redknapp free for the sanity of the children???!!

I came here to be mildly entertained by player/transfer ITK and it's just more Redknapping.

Why couldn't we get all 3 of Remy, Ade, Leandro? They are all different players. Remy wouldn't be the one to lead the line anyway, be more of competition for Lennon or even Bale in my opinion.

everyone i have heard from who watches french football says Remy is fudging dogbrick unless he is played in a central role

if selling Modric meant we could finance Adebayor + Leandro/Remy + Vertonghen i think id take that - we'd then most likely be slightly in profit having sorted both defense and attack for next season, surely we'd be able to make enough money from shifting on a few of the outsiders of the squad and then be able to strengthen central midfield in Modrics absence and still have a very healthy net spend - whilst potentially having a stronger team

Derek branning wearing a spurs dressing gown imminent signing

060bea4b-532_1444012a.jpg

Harry quashes Silvestre talk

Palermo centre-back won't be heading to White Hart Lane this summer

Harry Redknapp has insisted that Tottenham are not considering a move for Palermo defender Matias Silvestre this summer.

The Argentine centre-back has impressed with his performances in Serie A over the past couple of years and is believed to have attracted the attention of several clubs.

Reports this week suggested that Spurs were among the chasing pack and could be looking to bring him in during the transfer window.

Redknapp admits that he admires the player but says he is not one of the club's targets.

"I have not had talks in the last few days with Palermo to ask about Silvestre," Redknapp is quoted as saying in calciomercato.it.

"We are certainly talking about a good player, but we never thought about him for next season.

"I can therefore rule out any kind of interest from Tottenham for Silvestre."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7776777/

One thing I admire is that he is turning down CL football and higher wages in order to improve himself as a footballer.

Vertonghen seems like the kind of guy we need in the squad.

We simply don't know that. Right now it's all paper speculation that other clubs want him. Basically, no one else may want him.

I'm sorry to say, this thread split has not really worked out.

Despite clear posting of the rules, there are a lot of you who couldn't manage to follow it and as a result we have two threads following similar patterns.

Sorry to all those who wanted this thread separate, but your fellow posters let you down.

This one locked, and EVERYTHING................ITK/rumour/discussion can go in the one transfer thread.

I've closed the other thread. It didn't work thanks to posters unable to resist talking brick!!!!!!

ALL transfer gossip, tru/false or ITK in here now.

Annoying. Pease keep the seperate threads. There was still far less brick talking in the other thread.

I've closed the other thread. It didn't work thanks to posters unable to resist talking brick!!!!!!

ALL transfer gossip, tru/false or ITK in here now.

Crawley - i remember a while back we used to have two threads - one purely for ITK to be posted and another to discuss what was posted in the other thread, no chance of this making a reappearance ?

- Absolutely NO discussion is to take place in this thread following the posting of ITK, other than total ridicule of the supposed info.

kind of blurred the lines from the beginning IMO

Last edited:
Bruno Uvini, 20, spent three months on loan at White Hart Lane, training with the reserves and could still be purchased by Spurs for €3 million until 31 May.

The Brazil U-20 centre-back believes, though, that it will be better for his career if he can stay in his homeland, playing every week.

"I want to play. I need to be playing," Uvini told Brazilian website Band. "If I get the chance to play here, I would like to stay. I feel good here, it's a place I really like."

Jan Vertonghen is ready to move from Ajax to Tottenham Hotspur having been impressed by the London club's personal touch and how they have made him feel central to their plans.

Daniel Levy, the Tottenham chairman, flew to Amsterdam on Monday for negotiations with the Ajax financial director, Jerome Slop, and the club's commercial director, Henri van der Aat. Spurs have offered €12m (around ?ú9.6m) for Vertonghen, a central defender who has 12 months to run on his contract but Ajax value him at €15m. Levy, though, having wasted little time in moving for the 25-year-old, is confident of finalising an agreement and the player is attracted by the challenge at Tottenham and living in London.

"I have a preference for Spurs," Vertonghen said. "I've got the best feeling for that club and I'm a 'feeling person'. They already invited me and want to handle it quickly. They say I'm their only option, which I take as a compliment."

Rafael van der Vaart, Tottenham's Dutch midfielder who began his career at Ajax, has urged the club to sign Vertonghen and they appear poised to win the fight ahead of a clutch of rivals, including Arsenal. Vertonghen, a Belgium international, is rated among the best players in Holland's Eredivisie having overcome a slow start to enjoy an excellent season. His performances in the Europa League against Manchester United drew praise.

The captain of Ajax who plays on the left of the central-defensive pair, Vertonghen is a composed all-round defender with particular strength with the ball at his feet, a legacy of his upbringing as a midfielder. It was Martin Jol, the former Spurs manager, now at Fulham, who switched him to centre-half at Ajax.

Tottenham's options in central defence will be swelled by the return of Steven Caulker from a successful season-long loan at Swansea City. The 20-year-old will be assessed by the manager, Harry Redknapp, in pre-season. Redknapp also has Michael Dawson, Younes Kaboul and Ryan Nelsen for the position, plus Ledley King and William Gallas. King's contract expires at the end of next month and negotiations over fresh terms are planned. Gallas has one year remaining on his deal.

Levy is endeavouring to reach an agreement for the transfer of Emmanuel Adebayor from Emirates Marketing Project. The striker, who spent last season on loan at Tottenham, where he scored 18 goals, has one year of contract remaining at City, which is worth ?ú170,000 a week. They contributed ?ú100,000 of his weekly wage last season.

Adebayor is not wanted at City but he is not inclined to take a pay-cut, making the sums difficult to balance for Levy, who operates a strict ?ú70,000-a-week wage ceiling. Much will hinge on City's valuation of a player they paid ?ú25m to take from Arsenal in July 2009 or whether they might be prepared to reach a settlement with him over the final year of his contract.

Back