• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some are better - some slightly less experienced but cheaper. Although anyone of them would improve our squad. Ade is good but not as great as often made out on her, imv and a wasteful finisher sometimes - he simply came in a time of utter desperation and stood out in a sea of brickness arond him.

How much have you seen of Milevskyi? My thought when seeing him in the Euros and seeing his record in Ukraine was "good thing we didn't sign him".

Didn't someone mention Klasnic as a potential backup striker? Not necessarily this window.

Former Bolton and Croatia striker Ivan Klasnić in talks with Bundesliga side SpVgg Greuther Fürth on a potential move

Greuther Fürth, seems like he's playing for the Bundesliga's version of Bolton. He was enver good enough to play for us.

Do you really that think we have the money to afford even half of those

I think a lot of people are vastly over-estimating the cash we have available. Absent any money from Modric (which is looking increasingly unlikely), am expecting us to spend a max of £10m - £15m, perhaps less. QUite possible that we sign Ade for £5m and then bring in someone else on loan or just have Ade, Defoe and Kane for next season

Absolutely yes - transfer fees, imho. Not to mention those semi embarassing 35m bids in Spain some time back. Since then we ve sold a lot of dead wood and only bought Scott Parker until recently. Add to that CL money and new TV deal - we arent skint if that is the premise here.

20m is a realistic figure and in line with our record signing to date, inflatiom added. We are not Bolton, come on fellas

That's true. How tinkled off would you be if you were Marko Marin? You sign for Chelsea, then they go and sign two more players just like you for £32m and £25m each.

Sturridge imv in nowhere near as one-dimensional as Defoe and would be a great additiOn to any prem team. Fantastic young player with massive potential.

The Lion should be valued around 17-19m and currently on around 1/3 of our max wages - not so much to do with money - rather leaving his Spain and his province

Absolutely yes - transfer fees, imho. Not to mention those semi embarassing 35m bids in Spain some time back. Since then we ve sold a lot of dead wood and only bought Scott Parker until recently. Add to that CL money and new TV deal - we arent skint if that is the premise here.

20m is a realistic figure and in line with our record signing to date, inflatiom added. We are not Bolton, come on fellas

WE're also about to spend a fortune on a stadium. I just dont think we have the cash, otherwise I cant see why we would have been f*****g around for so long

It's not just the £20 million fee, it's a package closer to £40 million over 4 years. If we find a 22-25 year old striker that we are absolutely certain will be a hit I can see us spending that. A 26-28 year old, not sure. Older, no way.

Or how about signing a QUALITY striker EARLIER in the window? Is that combination not possible to achieve or unrealistic to expect from the PL's best chairman according to many?

Give it a fudging rest. All you've done is bag on about Levy this Levy that. You're fudging irritating.

AVB after Watford friendly says he expects movement on a striker in the next few days or a week.

That's not possible, surely?

Levy will:

- only chase after strikers that are out of the club's reach
- only make insultingly low offers for the strikers that we want
- always wait until the final day of the transfer window in the hope that prices will come down
- end up with egg on his face and no new striker (or Rasiak) when they don't

We know this because the cynics and naysayers have dictated (ad nauseam) that it is has happened before and must therefore ever be thus. And, of course, they have forgotten more about business in general and the business of football transfers in particular than Daniel Levy will ever know.

So we can only assume that AVB is lying. Or that he's talking about striker movements out of the club.

Adrian - not a striker
Negredo - not as good as Ade
Llorente - 27, we can't afford to pay £25m+ for someone of that age
Kiesslng - not as good as Ade
Milevskiy - not seen him
KJH - better finisher, worse player. pick'um
Sturridge - left footed Defoe
Dzeko (on loan) - unlikely
Doumbia - not seen enough to comment

That's pretty much spot on.

That's pretty much spot on.

I think a case could be made for Negrado. Terrible in the Euro's sure but all other times he has been decent. I think Steven Fletcher is another that would work at a bigger club. Good enough for Real Madrid to monitor and Pique speaks highly of him..

Back